Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Will there be a Bluetooth support for the iPhone? Viber acts strange when using with a car kit. Audio goes through the speakers instead of the kit like it should.

Also will you guys be adding a functionality to send pictures/map locations/audio messages/etc... like WhatsApp? Would be great if I could use one app instead of having to use two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Bluetooth - most BT kits should work fine with Viber, but some of them fail to work and unfortunately there is not much we can do.
    The reason for that is that some kits are compatible only with Apple's main phone app, and does not support 3rd-party applications. We are constantly trying to improve our BT support, but unfortunately on iPhone sometimes are efforts get blocked.

About messages with pictures/sounds - this is in the works right now, and will be available in one of our upcoming versions. As this feature gets closer to being released I'll post an update here in the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Viber wrote: »
    Bluetooth - most BT kits should work fine with Viber, but some of them fail to work and unfortunately there is not much we can do.
    The reason for that is that some kits are compatible only with Apple's main phone app, and does not support 3rd-party applications. We are constantly trying to improve our BT support, but unfortunately on iPhone sometimes are efforts get blocked.

About messages with pictures/sounds - this is in the works right now, and will be available in one of our upcoming versions. As this feature gets closer to being released I'll post an update here in the forums.
    My combination of iPhone 4 and parrot car kit works just fine in areas of good 3G

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce that our Beta version of Viber-for-Android is FINALLY public, and now appears in Market for all to download!
    The version itself is slightly more updated than the previous one (mostly bug fixes), so we highly recommend everyone to download and install it.

Important: those of you who were testing our Beta (after getting the invitations) will have to uninstall Viber, and only then install the Market version. Thank you!

As usual, I'll be here for your questions, suggestions, bug reports or anything else really :)

Thanks,
    Viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

Viber

I have downloaded the viber app to my HTC desire, unfortunately it keeps switchs my GSM signal off. I am with vodafone with a Data Package. To get my GSM signal back I have to remove Viber from my phone

Any ideas

• Advertisement

Viber

I have downloaded the viber app to my HTC desire, unfortunately it keeps switchs my GSM signal off. I am with vodafone with a Data Package. To get my GSM signal back I have to remove Viber from my phone

Any ideas

Hmm... strange.
    1. Are you using a customized ROM, or standard stock ROM?
    2. Did you trying rebooting your phone and see if the problem remains?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Anyone know if there is a way to turn off message preview when the phone is locked?

@Belfunk - Yes. You can do it through Viber's settings.

All,

After the launch of Viber for Android to Market, we had some temporary issue with incompatibility with some devices. This should be fixed now - please reboot your phones and search for Viber in your Markets again.

Thanks!

@Belfunk - Yes. You can do it through Viber's settings.

All,

After the launch of Viber for Android to Market, we had some temporary issue with incompatibility with some devices. This should be fixed now - please reboot your phones and search for Viber in your Markets again.

Thanks!

Thanks! Can you tell me which setting? I can't find it? :confused:

Enter Viber, go to More tab (bottom-right corner), enter Settings menu, and there you'll surely see the relevant checkbox.

• Advertisement

I don't have the option?? Running 2.0.3

OHHH... you have an iPhone?
    The past 5 pages dealt with Android... you should have mentioned :)

Unfortunately on iPhone this option is not available... not at this stage at least.

OHHH... you have an iPhone?
    The past 5 pages dealt with Android... you should have mentioned :)

Unfortunately on iPhone this option is not available... not at this stage at least.

Ah i see, didn't realise i was in the Android forum ;)

Any idea of when it will become available?

No idea yet.
    In the meanwhile, you can enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Helped a collegue install viber on her new htc sensation, worked like a charm and tested a htc to iphone call. no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Really cool! I hope it's implemented like WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Will be very good to have the picture/sounds function on viber. Also, it would be nice if you could read/reply to viber texts whilst on a viber call.

Will be very good to have the picture/sounds function on viber. Also, it would be nice if you could read/reply to viber texts whilst on a viber call.

The first suggestion, as mentioned in the post right above, is in the works right now.

The second (replying while in a call) is a known request and we are considering its implementation today.
    Meanwhile, you can enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion.

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

People with HTC Wildfire or HTC Hero:

We have enabled a temporary download link for devices that are only partially supported, such as the two mentioned above:

http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/100/16/cant-download-from-android-market

You'll be able to download the .APK there and manually install on your Androids.

* Note that the version available there is an older version, but as we said - this issue is temporary, only until we enable it back in Market (to a few weeks).

A new version of Viber for Android has just been released: 2.0.1
    What's new?

- "Exit" button. Note that shutting Viber off may result in unavailability to receive calls and texts.
    - Important features, such as Proximity Sensor, are now enabled by default.
    - Viber-contacts identification mechanism was improved.
    - Many other bug fixes.

Please find the new version in Market. We'd love to hear your feedback!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce that according to preliminary results, it seems as though we managed to find and fix the collision problem of Viber with CM7 and MIUI ROMs (and possible the rest as well)
    Both these ROMs "change" the device's identity (virtually, of course), preventing Viber from adapting itself correctly to the device's microphone configuration. This is why most of you with ROMs experienced the one-side audio issue.

Anyway - we are working on adding a fix to the new version that will hopefully be officially released next week to Market.

Updates soon,
    Viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

viber I installed your app today and so did my wife but when i click on update contacts she is not listed. i'm using version 2.0.1 for android

sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'm looking some viber texts... I get a red dot and I know someone has text me (they rang after) but the message is not there when I go into the app. Anyone else getting this?

We recently discovered some problems with our text messaging and we're currently working to fix it in our servers. This may be the cause for your temporary disruptions.

Please see if the problem is solved by tomorrow, and if it's not, remove Viber and reinstall. If even then the problem remains, let me know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Cool, reinstalled anyway and I'll see how it goes. Great app btw.

Hi all,
    Viber 2.0.2 has just been released to Market!

What's new?
    - Viber is back on Market for HTC Wildfire and HTC Hero users. However, note that due to immanent compatibility problems, Viber might not work 100% smoothly. We're working hard to improve these problems.
    - After hard work, as promised, Viber now supports *some* of the famous custom Android ROMs, such as CM7 and MIUI. We need your feedback in order to make sure the major problems with these ROMs are now resolved.

Please make sure you download the latest version.
    As usual - for questions/technical issues feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Viber.

Hi all,

We're running a quick survey among our users (in Viber-dedicated threads only).

We'd like to hear your opinion: What is Viber missing the most? If you could choose the most important feature that you'd like to see in our next big version - Viber 2.1 - that's coming up soon, what would it be?

Let your voice be heard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

am on iphone using viber, i would love to be able to send picture messages

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Hi all,

We're running a quick survey among our users (in Viber-dedicated threads only).

We'd like to hear your opinion: What is Viber missing the most? If you could choose the most important feature that you'd like to see in our next big version - Viber 2.1 - that's coming up soon, what would it be?

Let your voice be heard :)

voicemail would be good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

picture messages for me also

Advertisement