Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think the android version will send this app through the roof.

The question above was what was the difference between viber and skype. For me the biggest difference is viber working off your phone number, and not having to pick a username and share that with yoru contacts. As soon as someone installs Viber I get notified, and I can see a list of viber users in my contacts (in the app).

The text function will help too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Spot on dodge, especially with the texting this is now going to go bananas. Basically no need to pay for calls or texts etc between anyone you know who has a smartphone. Sweet!

For anyone who thinks ‘but its just the same as skype – I don’t see why I should bother using it” – you are so so so so so so so wrong. Just download it now and give it a go, you can thank me later.

Zascar wrote: »
    Basically no need to pay for calls or texts etc between anyone you know who has a smartphone

Except for data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

All,

Is there anyone in this thread for whom Viber crashed immediately after installing 2.0?

If so, would be kind enough as to help us get logs from your iPhone and investigate the issue? Such logs would speed up handling the problem for the sake of all users worldwide.

Thank you in advance,
    Viber.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Zascar wrote: »
    Spot on dodge, especially with the texting this is now going to go bananas. Basically no need to pay for calls or texts etc between anyone you know who has a smartphone. Sweet!

For anyone who thinks ‘but its just the same as skype – I don’t see why I should bother using it” – you are so so so so so so so wrong. Just download it now and give it a go, you can thank me later.

And has installed Viber....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

are you planning on making an ipad app anytime soon?

JAMM222 wrote: »
    are you planning on making an ipad app anytime soon?

Viber can already work with iPad.
    Try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I installed the new version this morning and it also keeps crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Dodge wrote: »
    Except for data.
    -hugs three contract-

ha ha, well I'd imagine most iphone users have the data package to cover it but just thought I'd mention it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ofjames

Viber wrote: »
    Viber can already work with iPad.
    Try it out.

does it only work for the 3G ipad? as in will it only work for the phone number of the actual sim that is in the ipad or can you input a different mobile number into the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

ofjames wrote: »
    does it only work for the 3G ipad? as in will it only work for the phone number of the actual sim that is in the ipad or can you input a different mobile number into the app.

cheers im talking about a proper ipad app the one i have is an iphone app for the ipad

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Looks good and a nice addition with the Messaging. Hopefully group messages and media attachment will come soon. Don't see this replacing whatsapp just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Seems to work better than whats app..i Always found with whats app you wouldn't get message until u were back in a wi-fi zone.Viber text working good on 3g and edge.thumbs up from me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Does Viber have the ability to share location, or share contacts through text? They're two really neat features of WhatsApp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My stupid iPhone does not like Viber... pile of crap. (my iPhone, not Viber :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Text messages now work on Viber on the iPod Touch :) Update to v2.0 is now available in the App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just installed Version 2.0.
    Happy Days :D

1. Viber can and should work with iPad on both 3G (if you have a SIM) and WiFi (if you don't, and use it only to connect to the internet).

2. All the features you mentioned here (and planned for our next versions (including sending contact info by message)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I cant seem to get calls to work on this over wifi or 3g, it keeps giving me the little red box with poor signal, although i can be heard by the other person. Anyone any ideas?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I cant seem to get calls to work on this over wifi or 3g, it keeps giving me the little red box with poor signal, although i can be heard by the other person. Anyone any ideas?

1. Are both sides using the latest version on AppStore? (2.0.1)
    2. Any chance that any of the conversation's sides is behind a firewall/router?
    3. Both sides should try using Viber on a different WiFi network in order to maybe pinpoint the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Having the same problem - I can make and receive calls but can't hear the person on the other end and they can't hear me. Both sides are on the latest version of Viber.

This happens whether I'm on WiFi or 3G or on the same or different WiFi networks :confused:

Text messaging is working fine though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Love the app, I wish messaging could include location sharing and image sending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Working perfect for me. Absolutely love it :D

1. For those of you who can't hear the other side - what devices are you using? Please provide me with both hardware version and iOS version.

2. About the features you requested for our text messaging service - all these and more are planned in our upcoming versions (2.0.2 and 2.1). New features, such as sending images, will be implemented soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Viber wrote: »
    1. For those of you who can't hear the other side - what devices are you using? Please provide me with both hardware version and iOS version.

iPhone 4. iOS 4.3.1

The other side are have the same iOS on iphone 3GS

Thanks

Fionagus wrote: »
    iPhone 4. iOS 4.3.1

The other side are have the same iOS on iphone 3GS

Thanks

There shouldn't be any problem...
    1. Are you behind a firewall or a router?
    2. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?

klingklang wrote: »
    Text messages now work on Viber on the iPod Touch :) Update to v2.0 is now available in the App Store.

Hi Klingklang,
    Have you experienced any problems using Viber 2.0.2 (the latest version in AppStore) on your iPod-Touch?

Regards.

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »

Have the problems been fixed now in 2.0.2, or are you still having connection troubles?

Advertisement