Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

The TG4 commentator is after saying that Regan King is going to Clermont next year. This was news to me; how many f**king players do they need? Hines, Lee Byrne, Skrela, Sivivatu already added to one of the deepest squads in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The TG4 commentator is after saying that Regan King is going to Clermont next year. This was news to me; how many f**king players do they need? Hines, Lee Byrne, Skrela, Sivivatu already added to one of the deepest squads in Europe.

Yeah someone posted that a few pages back he's va va vooming alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Its confirmed Marty Holah will leave Ospreys at the end of the season to return to New Zealand. Although he is 34 now I think he definitely could have kept playing and will be a big blow to Ospreys IMO. Will be intersting to see how they fare next season.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6882274,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Yeah, they've lost a massive number of first choice players from this season. And even with those guys they've been very underwhelming this year. Next season will be very interesting for them. But you never know, a large change in personnel could be just what they need and could do wonders for them. I doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

conf101 wrote: »
    Yeah, they've lost a massive number of first choice players from this season. And even with those guys they've been very underwhelming this year. Next season will be very interesting for them. But you never know, a large change in personnel could be just what they need and could do wonders for them. I doubt it though.

It'll take a few seasons for them to rebuild. They've a strong squad now with good young players coming through but they'll find it tough in the ML next season.

The money is drying up from Cuddy and so they'll have to sign a few smaller name signings during the summer. Along with the players leaving you have Shane Williams who is starting to slow down and I'd say Tommy Bowe is cursing his decision to sign a 3 year contract now especially seeing the Irish provinces going so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

All Blacks and Blues hooker Keven Mealamu has committed his future to the New Zealand Rugby Union after agreeing a new deal which will take him through to 2013.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2011/0419/mealamuk.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

profitius wrote: »
    It'll take a few seasons for them to rebuild. They've a strong squad now with good young players coming through but they'll find it tough in the ML next season.

The money is drying up from Cuddy and so they'll have to sign a few smaller name signings during the summer. Along with the players leaving you have Shane Williams who is starting to slow down and I'd say Tommy Bowe is cursing his decision to sign a 3 year contract now especially seeing the Irish provinces going so well.

if they let Mike Phillips leave mid contract maybe they'd also let Tommy move on....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cartoonninja

bamboozle wrote: »
    if they let Mike Phillips leave mid contract maybe they'd also let Tommy move on....
    would love to see him back in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

would love to see him back in ireland
    ... at Munster..... :)

SomeFool wrote: »
    ... at Munster..... :)

probably the best place for him. Howlett wont be around forever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

probably the best place for him. Howlett wont be around forever

Neither will Horgan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Hype710 wrote: »
    Neither will Horgan ;)

Fionn Carr is signing. Don't be greedy

Willie Mason rumoured to be making a code switch to join.........

you guessed it, Toulon!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Indo saying today Paul O'Donoghue off to Connacht.

Can't see it happening unless another scrum half leaves Connacht. What's Cillian Willis' contract situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

There's serious talks about abandoning the regional system in Wales and going back to a 10 team Welsh Premeirship. There may be no Ospreys in the near future. Not sure what that'll mean for their participation in the ML. They were supposed to vote on it some time soon, I'll see if I can dig up the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

Willie Mason rumoured to be making a code switch to join.........

you guessed it, Toulon!!! :D

Just heard that - if it happens it will be the most bizarre signing i've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Can't see it happening unless another scrum half leaves Connacht. What's Cillian Willis' contract situation?

Not signed yet but we have Mark Dolan, Irish u20 scrum hlf coming through as well. I wonder does Farrellyknow we've signed Dave Moore from Quins. If not and he's come up with that rumour then he's a bigger tit than I give him credit for

AdeT wrote: »
    Just heard that - if it happens it will be the most bizarre signing i've ever seen.

Not really, a few weeks ago Toulon signed a French Olympian who competed at judo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Not really, a few weeks ago Toulon signed a French Olympian who competed at judo!

Check the date that story was released by Touloun, Thomond. ;)

Poisson d'Avril.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

News just in: Ruggiebear and Toomevara have just signed for Toulon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

It's been confirmed on the IRFU website this morning.
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/22983.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

a few signing confirmed this morning for Toulouse :

Burgess, Mc Alister, Steenkamp, Matanvou and Beauxis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

BoarHunter wrote: »
    a few signing confirmed this morning for Toulouse :

Burgess, Mc Alister, Steenkamp, Matanvou and Beauxis
    Link????
    Toulouses website confirmation http://www.stadetoulousain.fr/Communique_du_club-49-2861.html

Dan Carter to Racing on a 3 year deal by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Dan Carter to Racing on a 3 year deal by all accounts

NZ Herald Link speculation

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10720600

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

There's serious talks about abandoning the regional system in Wales and going back to a 10 team Welsh Premeirship. There may be no Ospreys in the near future. Not sure what that'll mean for their participation in the ML. They were supposed to vote on it some time soon, I'll see if I can dig up the details.

I can't see them doing it because all their top players will leave Wales then.

The regions are growing slowly all the time and attracting a new generation of younger fans. They're only about a decade old at this point so it'll take time for them.

There does seem to be extreme negativity in Wales (not all fans but a large section) regarding the regions and Welsh rugby in general. They're so negative its actually having a bad effect on attendances etc. They blame the ML for everything instead of looking closely at themselves.

I can't see them doing it because all their top players will leave Wales then.

The regions are growing slowly all the time and attracting a new generation of younger fans. They're only about a decade old at this point so it'll take time for them.

There does seem to be extreme negativity in Wales (not all fans but a large section) regarding the regions and Welsh rugby in general. They're so negative its actually having a bad effect on attendances etc. They blame the ML for everything instead of looking closely at themselves.

Very well put, but they're already losing a lot of their top guys with more to go from Cardiff by all accounts.

I know we've covered this before but are the regions growing? The attendences at the bigger club games are on par with average attendences at the Scarlets and the O's.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Welsh rugby isn't going back to the clubs. All they'd need to do is look at the results of the HEC and CL from when they were in it to put a stop to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

News just in: Ruggiebear and Toomevara have just signed for Toulon. :D

They'll be needed to stop Henson taunting johnny

Advertisement