Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Revival Selection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

sorry to tease m8 but its part of my keep sake collection, and yes its english

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

More Resi news!!! The Gaming Liberty are on the ball with their updates! New game gonna be release titled Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/03/24/resident-evil-racoon-city-announced-by-us-oxm/
    The game will be called Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City.
    • The game takes place in 1998, a time where Resident Evil fans already know what’s set to take place. The title lets you enjoy the series from a new perspective, as the men and women who are technically responsible for it all.
    • Rather than continuing the zombie slaying antics of BSAA agents, you’re taken back to the original outbreak “that underscored both Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.”
    • The game doesn’t require any crazy amounts of knowledge of the past titles or characters involved in the series. The title opens up to a “quartet of new faces”. Essentially, you’re playing as members of the official Umbrella Security Services squad.
    • Operation Raccoon City is a team-based shooter allowing four members of the USS team to destroy all evidence of the ongoing outbreak. Along with slaying the zombies, you’re looking to “kill pretty much every survivor possible”.
    • The gameplay is described as “dirty”, and the series will feel much darker than it has up to this point.
    • The game features three factions that Capcom has stated make up a “three-corner conflict”. The other two factions are the US Spec Ops, who are there to repel the USS, and the “bio-organic weapon monsters (BOWs) created by Umbrella.
    • The USS team is made up of the following characters: Vector, Beltway, Bertha, and Spectre. Depending on which character you choose, the responsibilities that you’re asked to do within your team will variate.
    • Hunk, first seen in Resident Evil 2 as a hidden character, is the inspiration behind the USS team.
    • “Whichever team you play on, you’ll be facing Umbrella-created horrors in between skirmishes with each other”.
    • Zombies in the game can sense you in three different manners: sight, sound, and smell.
    • A situation is described in the game where Vector cloaks himself to stir up previously slumbering zombies to use against the Special Ops military foes.
    • Quite a few scenarios in the game aren’t “all about headshots”. A quote in the article states, “It’s about shooting the other soldiers – manipulating the, making them bleed.”
    • The game will take you through a number of familiar areas if you’re a Resident Evil junkie who remembers your journey to Raccoon City.
    • Operation Raccoon City, depending on how you play the game, will give you the option to “change the history of Resident Evil”. Not only will you have the chance to meet and interact with various characters from the series, but you’ll even have the opportunity to kill them.
    • One of th mottos repeated to OXM throughout the demo was “Kill Leon”. It’s also stated that if you choose to represent in the game as the Special Ops team, that you’d more than likely have the goal of trying to save Leon Kennedy.
    • Slant Six or Capcom won’t reveal if any other characters will be playable in the title just yet, but it’d make sense to see quite a few big cameos.
    • The title will still see players relying on collecting herbs to heal from any attacks you may suffer. You won’t need to hoard any herbs, but they’ll still benefit you to collect them throughout the game.
    • “This is not a one-versus-one game where you’ve got one clip full of ammo and zombies on you. If you’ve ever thought of those times in an RE game when you thought, ‘I’d wish I had a big gun’, that’s what this game is. It’s not fair to give people big guns, then take all the ammo away.”
    • One of the pictures in the article showcases a zombie being used as a “meatshield”.
    • Operation Raccoon City allows players to earn XP for kills, with these points helping you survive the onslaught, and to help to encourage you to anihilate everything in your path.
    • The XP will allow you to earn new abilities, such as Vector’s cloaking skill, and new weapons.
    • Tyrants will most definitely be included in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

All nice, but is it re we wanted? It looks like mmorpg not horror survival....

What happened with isolation? One persom against the world?

I bet it will be
    Some coop bananza.... We all know how awesome coop was in re5.... Specially when you wanted to play alone.... Deep deep shiva... God I wanted to sodomise and kill her so many times...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I, too, wanted to sodomize Sheva six ways to Sundays... and I haven't even played the game! :pac:

Sheva_Alomar_by_AnnaPredator.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I love how this thread has quickly descended into talk of anal sex with Sheva...
    Totally would!

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    I love how this thread has quickly descended into talk of anal sex with Sheva...
    Totally would!

Anal sex would be a compliment. The stuff I would want to do to here involves her suffering and death...

As for topic. They mention something about " I wish I would have bigger gum, " . I can't qoute it, but the way I see it, it might be even more Arcadisg version of re? They will remove such thing ass ammo altogether... I guess ne more counting bullets, looking for ammo. Running half dead, just becomes you want to save a fee herbs.... And no more keeping on bullet in case of big feck up... ;) . Damn I miss old re games :)

Will be mad to go through resi 4 again just for the trophies! Hope we get a release date soon.

Anal sex would be a compliment. The stuff I would want to do to here involves her suffering and death...

So rape and murder basically... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Actually looks class! Crap part of the game to show tho. Wonder how much this will be going for.

• Advertisement

Is it just resolution increased? Or textures remade too?

As beyond good and evil hd is same game just with higher resolution...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Is it just resolution increased? Or textures remade too?

As beyond good and evil hd is same game just with higher resolution...
    Judging by the video the textures weren't great and don't look like they've been redone :(

Code Veronica will really suffer if this is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Great news! I loved Code Veronica X on the PS2....I wasnt so much a fan of Resi 4 though due to them moving away from the traditional zombies. I'd love to see the first 3 remade for the PS3. Outbreak had some nice touches that I liked but the whole "episodes" nature of the game was pretty off putting to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was wondering why Resi 4 looks so crap in the 360 video. It's based on the PS2/PC version which is missing a load of the graphical and atmospheric effects of the Gamecube version and also has vastly reduced polygon counts on enviroments and character models.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was wondering why Resi 4 looks so crap in the 360 video. It's based on the PS2/PC version which is missing a load of the graphical and atmospheric effects of the Gamecube version and also has vastly reduced polygon counts on enviroments and character models.

So they are porting the pc version of the game to the 360, even though the pc version was a bad port of the Gamecube version to begin with... :/ Disappointing.
    I might just buy the GC version from Ebay for the Summer instead. I might be tempted to buy it for the 360 instead if it's cheap and has leaderboards for Mercs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd say Capcom will see how well these sell before committing to other titles. Res 1 is already on PSN. I agree Resi 2 would just be unreal to play in a HD upgrade, actually don't mind that, remake the whole game in the resi 5 engine!
    It was the camera positions that made those games, doing that would wreck the game for me personally. Keep that engine away from the early RE games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Using the PC version is just silly, GC/Wii (sans motion control) all the way!

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Lol which one is improved? I watched video on phone and bouth looked meh...

http://kotaku.com/#!5789056/the-past-present-and-future-of-resident-evil

Awesome trailer. The fact that they got DC Douglas to do the voiceover would suggest that Capcom aren't finished with him yet!

Lol which one is improved? I watched video on phone and bouth looked meh...

14 seconds in illustrates it the best
    On the GC you've got some gorgeous lighting effects which help create a genuinely creepy looking dark path
    On the PS2 you've got crap lighting and horrible washed out looking textures which really takes a massive bite out of the delicious atmosphere of the GC original

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

CORaven wrote: »
    That's the PC version with mods

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Great to hear of these remakes!! When can we expect them to be released? And disc form or xbl or psn?

Great to hear of these remakes!! When can we expect them to be released? And disc form or xbl or psn?

Autumn, XBLA/PSN. Japan's getting them on disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I've only played Resident Evil 5, So it will be great to play back on the previous games with the reputation they have

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mr. K wrote: »
    Autumn, XBLA/PSN. Japan's getting them on disc.

Great so what games are they remaking and are they releasing them all at once or dribs and drabs

Great so what games are they remaking and are they releasing them all at once or dribs and drabs

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Resi 4 with trophies in September! Wonder how much it will be.

From Resi's FB page:
    "Resident Evil 4 HD will be available on September 20 in North America and Europe as a PlayStation Network and Xbox Live download. Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD will be coming a week later on September 27. Both will have the full achievements and trophies!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

Advertisement