Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Revival Selection

Options

Comments

This is great news!
    I've played through 4 numerous times and Code Veronica but I'd definitely get these again...but, why, like REmake and Zero, don't we also get updated versions of 2 and 3?

I can imagine a lot of people wanting those games too!

But HD Resi 4 and CV...excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ha, I love how the "comparison" pic is the same photo with a massive blurry photoshop job on one half, it didnt look anything like that on the GC or PS2.

Great news though, although I want RE2 and 3 more than CV, 4 I've played loads of times but it'll be cool to play it again given its one of the best games ever made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just give us a remake of 2 already. It was the best game (imo) of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ooooooh I didn't feel much love for code veronica x on the ps2 , was the dreamcast version better? 4 was Resi gold though. I also have a soft spot for Nemesis being as it was the 1st I played .............. Staaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrssssss :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Code Veronica on the PS2 wasn't a great conversion, it looked much better on the Dreamcast. Would love a remake of code veronica since while the 3D backdrops looked great at the time now they lack the atmosphere of the 2D backdrops of the other games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Now I don't feel so bad saying goodbye to my Wii (had pretty much all the Resi games that came out for it.....even The Umbrella Chronicles!). Hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonder will they totally upgrade code veronia and go the RE4 way, i loved the older RE games but that fixed screen\view used drove me nuts. and i second kiith on RE2, thoughts of the tongue lasher jumping through the interogation mirror again in hd is giving me goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

What are ya buying? What are ya selling. Just to hear that on my 360 will be worth the price. Can't wait for these, was a lover a both of them. I love the idea of HD remakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Here's a few HD shots of RE4. (Actually the second shot is from CV).

http://kotaku.com/#!5785229/your-first-look-at-resident-evil-4-in-hd/gallery/1

Looks pant-wettingly awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gah double post, and feck looks like the old style fixed screen for CV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say Capcom will see how well these sell before committing to other titles. Res 1 is already on PSN. I agree Resi 2 would just be unreal to play in a HD upgrade, actually don't mind that, remake the whole game in the resi 5 engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i dont want a remake of re4.... i want a remake of re 1 2 3... those were re games, not action advanture lolipop island that came from 4 and 5 ...

veronica is still solid game thought, even graphic wise... why to remake it?

do old ones, then i will be exited...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cool, looking forward to this.
    I love that they're releasing HD collections these days. God Of War, Prince Of Persia, Sly, Tomb Raider & Splinter Cell are all out or coming out.
    Just give me a Jak & Daxter HD collection and MGS 1 & 2 HD on top of Resident Evil and we'll be sound.

Edit: Max Payne 1 & 2 as well, please.
    When your ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah what ever about 5 being a pile of poo, 4 was a great game in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dear Capcom:
    Find us some playable code for Resident Evil "1.5".

Thank you.
    The Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

krudler wrote: »
    Ha, I love how the "comparison" pic is the same photo with a massive blurry photoshop job on one half, it didnt look anything like that on the GC or PS2.

A 640*400 screenshot as well... I'd instantly dismiss that as a poorly made April fools if it wasn't a week and a bit early for that kind of carry on...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lol te original game ran in 640x480 :)

So they are just upping the resolution? No sale Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Heard you can get similar results by modding the PC version of RE4 with a fan made hi-res texture patch.

Also, will they reshoot the cutscenes as they were recorded in some god awfully low res and looked terrible (PS2/PC ones anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Like most I'd rather see RE2 remade but I suppose if this bundle sells well then Capcom will 100% do another (which will more than likely be 2+3, or maybe split up 2 and 3 to get more sales? 2+0 and 3+Outbreak?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'm not sure I really see the point of these remakes if they are not offering anything above and beyond the originals. I'm quite happy to re-visit CV on my Dreamcast or RE4 on my Gamecube. I mean a re-make after the original was released a little over 6 years ago??

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    Like most I'd rather see RE2 remade but I suppose if this bundle sells well then Capcom will 100% do another (which will more than likely be 2+3, or maybe split up 2 and 3 to get more sales? 2+0 and 3+Outbreak?)

You see, problem is, that with re4 and Veronica you just slap bigger resolution amd you sorted. That's what they did with beyond good and evil. Did bigger resolution with same texture, slapped hd on it and here you go.

To remake re 1 2 3 they will actuolly need to do some work? Work to get money? Now this is non sence bull**** marketing plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Id love to see them redo the first for ps3 , was terrified of that distant footsteps noise in the later stages of the game, you knew there was a hunter in the area. Think the clip is from the wii remake

tonydude wrote: »
    Id love to see them redo the first for ps3 , was terrified of that distant footsteps noise in the later stages of the game, you knew there was a hunter in the area. Think the clip is from the wii remake

Was that a full remake of re1 on wii?!?! Why I newer heard of it... I did wrote of wii quite fast to thought. It looks amazing!

Damn this vid brought memories! I remember doing fast runs to get unlimited weapons. Or les then 2 saves to finish game. Can't remember reward it gives... The hulk gameplay. Resident evil a and b sides. Playing different characters on bouth. So it was like 4 stories. And they were all knitted brilliantly!

Psn could atleast put re and parasite eve games on psn marketplace... I would deffo buy them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Was that a full remake of re1 on wii?!?! Why I newer heard of it... I did wrote of wii quite fast to thought. It looks amazing!
    It was remade for the Gamecube so technically it works on a Wii. It's excellent. Graphics still stand up to this day (only played it again last year)

Damn this vid brought memories! I remember doing fast runs to get unlimited weapons. Or les then 2 saves to finish game. Can't remember reward it gives... The hulk gameplay. Resident evil a and b sides. Playing different characters on bouth. So it was like 4 stories. And they were all knitted brilliantly!
    Isn't that RE2?
    Psn could atleast put re and parasite eve games on psn marketplace... I would deffo buy them off!
    RE:Directors Cut came out on PSN yesterday. I think PE has been announced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It was a remake they released for the Gamecube around 5 or 6 years ago as part of a 5 game deal between Capcom and Nintendo (even though most ended up on PS2). It got rereleased on the Wii 2 years ago along with RE0.

Parasite Eve was just put up on the USA PSN last week, dont bother waiting for it here as it was never released and they arent gonna go try get a market license for it nowadays. Squaresoft have hintd PE2 will follow "soon", but probably close to "The 3rd Birthdays" release.

RE1 has FINALLY come out on the EU PSN this week, but the whole series has been up on the USA and Japanese PSN's for YEARS (way to be several years behind the rest of the world SCEE *thumbs up*) now for cheaper and probably run better. Just get around $30 in credit from a web-code site and youll have enough survival horror games to last ya till sometime in the future.

Yes I was talking about re2, sorry :)

I knee something was fishy as I sow somewhere parasite eve and re games on psn web style yoke!!!! So we in Europe are just fudged in tue A?!

Can you expand on that thought with American account? Can I set up one? As I will deffo buy pe 1 and pe 2!!!!

parasite eve 2 was an excellent game , loved the cutscenes and will always remember the following

Ok back to res evil now :D

I newer got a chance to even finish second one... Now horrible story: back in my country I could get only jap version... Like moust of games I played and finished... Try finish rpg game with only remembering what simbol or chain of simbols do lol. I could not go pass desert town in eve2 as there was a safe to unlock, obviously I did not had a way to get code, as I had no idea what is it written all over the game...

I would live to come back to English version of eve2, but impossible to get... 200 dollars on amazon... Psn store does not have it...

Sorry for off topic.

impossible to get.

I have it, mint condition :D

• Advertisement

tonydude wrote: »
    I have it, mint condition :D

Fancy selling it? ;) or atleast renting? God I hope it's english

Advertisement