Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hardy Melts Down

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Dixie said anything on twitter about this or has anyone from TNA made any comments?

I just checked Jarrett's Twitter and his tweets today vary between the cryptic/odd and irrelevant.
    Man can only receive what he sees himself receiving. ~ Florence Scovel Shinn

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." - Jim Rohn

Up early at the gym...getting ready for the week w @karenjarrett and the kids...work and the parks...lets go...

@RevRunWisdom Be a victor! Not a victim! Never yield to the seductive pull of self-pity. Acting like a victim threatens your future.”

TNA is back on tour on Friday in Jacksonville, FL, and Saturday in Savannah,... http://fb.me/vkuiyBZi
    http://twitter.com/#!/JeffJarrettTNA

• Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

can someone refresh my mind about what cm punk said about hardy again

(the mind isnt what it use to be)

Fair enough. Can't argue your point really as you are 100 % correct. They need to make a lot of changes to get that company working. The last 2 Impacts were decent and then they bury themselves like this, it can be frustrating being a TNA fan. Still, hope they improve, and to do so I think Hardy needs to go.

And Russo, Flair, Bischoff, Hogan, Matt Hardy, Dreamer, Steiner.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

I dont believe this.

As the meme goes "Fúck this company".

I believed. I really did.

And this upsets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

TNA has sent Hardy home. That's all they are doing apparently.

They have probably just sent him home to buy some more time as to what move to make next. I very much doubt him being sent home is the be all and end all of this drama.

• Advertisement

This was posted on the UKFF, it's a timeline of what happens in the Youtube video of the "match"

F4W board:

1:33-1:38 Hardy stumbles when he he climbs the steps to enter the ring

2:45- Hardy Says something to ref and leaves ring

3:00- Ref gives the "X" signal to the hard cam

3:08- Ref waves someone to come towards ring

3:12- ref talks to So Cal Val

3:25-3:35- Ref tells Sting something, Sting says "You kidding me?", then mutters stuff under his breath as he throws coat out of ring.

5:57- Bischoff tells off Hardy

6:21- Bischoff tells Sting something.

9:02 - Sting physically holds Jeff Hardy down so he doesn't kick out

9:13-9:18 Sting channeling the Tenryu death glare

10:15-10:20 Sting says "I agree" to the BS chantsSee more

Also-

-He took 50 seconds to come out after his entrance music hit,
    -He tried to rip an Australian flag from a barrier,
    -And he also angrily said something to the ref just when the ref handed Sting the belt after the pinfall.

Very sad and disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

And Russo, Flair, Bischoff, Hogan, Matt Hardy, Dreamer, Steiner.....

I still believe in Bischoff, if he's given more control I think he is capable of doing great things. Flair can still cut a decent promo and do a good job in a manager type role, but I agree with the rest.

I still believe in Bischoff, if he's given more control I think he is capable of doing great things. Flair can still cut a decent promo and do a good job in a manager type role, but I agree with the rest.

Flair is an embarrassment in my eyes. Every time he is on TV takes away from his legacy. My biggest problem with him is that he HAS to be the centre of attention. A manager is supposed to get talent over, not himself. In half his promos he can't even remember the names of the guys he is supposed to be promoting.

My problem with Bischoff is that him and Hogan are a pair. He had/has good ideas, but I don't think he'll ever favour the type of guys TNA need to promote.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Just watched the clip there and it all seems a bit too surreal. I'm leaning towards thinking it's a storyline for 2 reasons..
    1- TNA seen how Charlie Sheen's meltdown has catapulted him into the media spotlight and want to try something similar to attract a bit more attention to their product

2- I just watched the rise and fall of WCW yesterday and there was one line Bischoff said that struck a cord with me. He said the reason he had so much success with WCW was because he blurred the lines between storyline and reality. Could he be trying to do the same here?

I've a feeling next weeks impact could attract a higher than average rating with people tuning in to see just what is going on.

If it is a work, then it should have been on TV. Not a PPV where people forked out $35.

Edit: Although I think it is not a work. Just saying if it was one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Watching it over and over again like a car crash; yea, Sting was pissed and simply decided to end it ASAP (desperately needed) and Jeff, well what can be said except he was still chewing his gum and was clearly expecting to do a 2 count flip out (hence why he got so pissed at the ref actually counting to 3!). Jeff clearly thought he should do a full match, heck, I'm sure he was even expecting to win back his title, he sure was drugged enough to believe that...

I don't care if they want to call it a "story" in the making Jeff had nothing to do at that ring, period. The only, and I do mean ONLY reason to let Jeff walk in was if they would have had CM Punkesque style intervention before the match starts replacing him or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Here's Val Venis's thoughts on the matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCqcuUMg1ts

I understand what he's saying, but I think in Jeff's own deluded mind he thought they were trying to pull some sort of Montreal style screw job on him.

any more reactions about this ?

Did the wrestler observer talk about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As has been said already if it's a work then they are giving two fingers to the few loyal fans that have stuck with them throughout. If it's real then it sends out the message that the company is a complete shambles. Either way it puts them in an awful light. Jeff's fall from grace is really quite sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Headshot wrote: »
    any more reactions about this ?

Did the wrestler observer talk about this ?
    Jeff Hardy will not be appearing at the TNA TV tapings tonight or tomorrow night stemming from whatever it was that happened at last night's PPV.

Hardy and Sting's main event lasted 1:28 with Sting pinning Hardy. Hardy, very subtly, acted as if he was surprised by the finish and attempted to kick out but Sting held him down and the ref counted three. Given the people involved in TNA creative, a worked shoot to get attention has to always be considered a possibility, particularly since the last time this situation legitimately occurred, the plan at first was to change the main event. In fact, both Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo have long track records of this type of thing.

Reports from the show were that Hardy was in no condition to wrestle and that they decided to cut the match short.

If that is the case, the onus should be on TNA because it is not like the show a few months back when Hardy was nearly stripped of the title and they had planned to change the main event, only to have the decision changed back, wasn't a warning sign. One has to seriously question management for not calling an audible on the main event, particularly since the show was already in the toilet by that point.

If it is an attempt at an elaborately worked angle, thinking the fan outrage leads to more attention to the promotion, it is what it is, a creative decision. In fact, either way, what happened at the end was a creative decision by management, because there are plenty of alternative things that could have been done what would have made it at least a slightly better show.

Hardy's next court date is Wednesday. Both his lawyer and Moore County prosecutors said a plea bargain deal had been reached months ago, but one side or both pulled out and the case was continued for about the dozenth time until Wednesday.

Observer's take on it so far. Basically they havent a clue and are covering themselves either way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I imagine that Hardy said he was alright to perform and then when he stumbled out to the ring, they knew he wasn't. So they called an audible; definitely Sting, Bischoff and the ref knew what to do and Jeff wasn't in on it. Sting looked really pissed off.

Did you see the two blood marks Sting had on his neck? I imagine Hardy dug his nails in!

This PPV was a disgace. At best the matches were alright, at worst it was a real waste of everyone's time. Although the Ultimate X was the best on the card, it's by far the worst Ultimate X i've seen. Couldn't really used Suicide/Red/Sabin etc as well. 4 is too little.

TNA. It's hard to continually overlook the awful booking when the match quality is this mediocre.

188919_160882427298497_127651077288299_287665_3651738_n.jpg

A bit of jail time might do jeff some good

Full PPV.

thanks flah, our Ross and Rachel on a break relationship is now back on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Watched Victory road & impact recently for the first time in months.They have fair butchered the Roster with a load of duds. The main event even days after is a real sight to see,to be fair to Jeff he always looks out of it anyway but he was off his face last sunday.Matt Hardy too Jeff wasn't the only Hardy who shamed himself.Matt was totally carried by AJ while Matt weezed & gasped for deep breaths.I'm thinking Tna should repackage Matt Hardy as Fatt Gardaí but only the Irish would get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Surprised to see this hasn't been mentioned here yet (or maybe it was and I missed it) but it pretty much confirms that it wasn't a work:
    An Announcement Regarding Victory Road
    AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO TNA WRESTLING FANS REGARDING SUNDAY'S VICTORY ROAD PAY-PER-VIEW

TNA Wrestling strives to give fans who purchase our pay-per-views as close to a full three-hour event as possible. This past Sunday’s "TNA Victory Road" fell short of that standard. Your support of TNA is never taken for granted. To show you how we value that support, we would like to offer six months of free access to the TNAondemand.com library.

To receive your free offer, please send us a copy of your Victory Road pay-per-view purchase receipt to :

TNA OnDemand Offer
    209 10th Avenue South, #302
    Nashville, TN 37203.

Please be sure and submit your name, address, and email address, as we will be emailing a special code that will unlock over 300 hours of great TNA Wrestling action.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2508-An-Announcement-Regarding-Victory-Road

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

was there doubt that this wasn't a shoot?

I have to say, even though this PPV was poor, there were worse TNA PPVs in 2009.

Oh and just for the record, (it was cut from the impact broadcast)
    Hogan said that stars from all over the world want to be a part of "his tsunami that's taking over pro-wrestling"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

jaykhunter wrote: »
    was there doubt that this wasn't a shoot?

Not in my mind but others here and elsewhere were speculating that it was hence why I posted the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have split this thread from the victory road aftermath thread. Surprised it did not have a thread of its own. I only stumbled upon this today! Huge story.

Jeff is a disgrace to an already disgraceful business. He should never see a title on his waist again until he is legit rehabbed, but he seems to have a fairly poor track record in that regard.

I hate to say, but I think we will see an RIP thread in the not so distant future.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I know how this will sound..but...
    There has been any amount of druggies plying their trade in this and in all facets of the entertainment biz, but the difference is they knew the line to not cross, he doesn't seem to have to most basic level of cop-on. I agree with gimmick it's going to end at a worse point than simply an embarressing PPV moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

If there was ever a sequel for The Wrestler, would most certainly be based on Jeff Hardy. But I wonder if there is documentary filmmaker willing to follow Hardy for a month. Similar to The Smashing Machine: Mark Kerr. I feel there is more to what we are already seeing. Such a shame for a really talented wrestler who had it all a few years ago in the WWE.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I just don't think I'd have any interest in watching a diliquent with all the chance in the world to be a mega wealthy superstar at the top of his trade throw it in the face of everyone who's gave him that chance.
    The Wrestler and basically every movie ever made work because there is a protagonist you are rooting for. Jeff Hardy doesn't work.

He only got married two weeks ago, and has a 5 month old daughter at home, he should be more responsible now in his life and thinking about his family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just watched the video of that. My God, I would love to have been back stage when Sting got back there. He looks like he was fit to be tied, and rightly so. An experienced hand like that deserves better.

But TNA management have blood on their hands here as well. No way should they have allowed that unprofessional idiot in such a position to absolutely embarrass and show themselves up to be a bush league operation.

Advertisement