Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hardy Melts Down

Options
  • 14-03-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭

Never mind suspending him. If this was any other sport or job Hardy would be fired on the spot.

I was sympatheic towards Hardy and the problems he has had with drugs in the past, and always said that he needs support and was glad that he could still put on great matches and looked like he was slowly making a turn for the better.

But after that display, it'll take a long time for TNA to recover from that. There are alot of wrestlers outside the company that would give their right arm to be in his position and would show some respect for it. Last night just let the world know that he is an ungreatfull piece of **** and doesn't give a flying **** about the fans. Fire his ass and give someone who wants the spot a chance to shine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i have not watched TNA in about 2 years, but do follow whats happening from the net and the pages on here about it and from what ive read and heard can anybody be really surprised that They let this happen, that company is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,035 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I havent seen the PPV but Hardy needs to be shown the door. How the likes of AJ and the other originals are below the likes of Jeff is beyond me but unfortunately TNA is just badly run.

They should of given Heyman what ever he wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nadet

He'd never have gotten away with this in WWE.

And when it comes to other jobs, sports no chance he'd get 'a game', and in other entertainment (eg theatre) the understudy would go on in his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

[/B]

maybe i'm wrong but the the problem as i see it is, they've overlooked their own stars who deserve or deserved the spotlight for making the company, the likes of Styles, Joe, Daniels even Petey Williams, but they've forgot them or sacked them, and giving the spotlight to the likes of RVD, Sting, Anderson, Hardy and they dont care about TNA, and if it was'nt for the big contracts they would'nt be there.

Your right 100%. God remember two years ago when their home grown talent were putting on brilliant match ups and Angle-Joe drew record buys for the company? That period prooved that TNA can do it, they can become the real alternative. But instead they keep pissing it all away.

If this isn't a ****ing wake up call then I dunno what it'll take for Dixie to wake the hell up and sort her company out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

TNA won't pay for Hardy to rehab, WWE made an offer to Scott Hall to pay for his rehab when contracted to TNA so I'd expect Vince to do the decent thing again. This has got to adversely affect Hardy's drug case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

jmolloy wrote: »
    TNA won't pay for Hardy to rehab, WWE made an offer to Scott Hall to pay for his rehab when contracted to TNA so I'd expect Vince to do the decent thing again. This has got to adversely affect Hardy's drug case

could be wrong but i dont think vince payed for hall's treatment while he was in TNA and i dont think he will help hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

The main event is the best part of the show of all! Hardy in influence state on live television = PRICELESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

could be wrong but i dont think vince payed for hall's treatment while he was in TNA and i dont think he will help hardy

I think Scott Hall had just left TNA when he went into rehab. Nash was meant to have arranged it via HHH. Vince has paid for rehab a good few times at this stage for Hall. They pay for most wrestlers rehab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Hardy is a disgrace. You can clearly see him staggering up the steps and trying to kick out of the Scorpion Deathdrop. Sting looked really pissed. TNA are better off without both of the Hardy's especially Jeff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOL. I bet Sting wishes he'd taken up those "other offers" he was on about now.
    Hardy is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Wait now is this real or an epic TNA angle where reality collides with poor booking? Honestly that vid posted above is so ridiculous I think this could be an angle.

Either way I bet a Tombstone at Wrestlemania is looking a bit more appealing to Sting this morning. I wonder what CM Punk makes of the whole thing.

If it was legit, why didn't they just pull him from the match and make the number one contenders match a triple threat for the title or something?

You could be right Ger, it seems like they almost wanted him to go out there. There were loads of different ways they could've gotten around him being mangled otherwise if it was legit. Its not as if they haven't changed cards at the last minute before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Not even trying to take the piss out of TNA now, but when Hardy fell up the ring steps. Like if he couldnt even get into the ring without showing the world how locked he was... I dunno, if this is real and they actually sent him out there like that then wow, they really care about their fans. Imagine paying for that. Or even here, staying up till all hours for this.

Especially since the #1 contencers match ended in a draw or whatever, surely they could have even made the main event a 4 way and let Hardy curl up in the corner in the state that he was in.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Not even trying to take the piss out of TNA now, but when Hardy fell up the ring steps. Like if he couldnt even get into the ring without showing the world how locked he was... I dunno, if this is real and they actually sent him out there like that then wow, they really care about their fans. Imagine paying for that. Or even here, staying up till all hours for this.

Especially since the #1 contencers match ended in a draw or whatever, surely they could have even made the main event a 4 way and let Hardy curl up in the corner in the state that he was in.

Be Gor you didn't mind having drunken wretlers on your own PPV Gerseen me aul flower.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I haven't heard this much buzz for a Tna event in ages,sadly like the last two plus years its a total disaster for Tna.I'm sick to death of that smackhead Hardy,i'd fire him on the spot he's done this **** before too.He's like Scott Hall he's a total joke who will never change.I'm expecting wwe to offer him rehab in the hope of rehiring him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

I'd say it was real lads.

I 'll bet when they saw him walking to the ring in that state, they desided to send Bischoff down to make it a no DQ. Many wrestlers have stated this matches are easier to work around cuz there's less focus on wrestling ability.

Management probably thought they could get a decent 8 minute no DQ match out of Hardy (even in his state). But i think Sting thought "work a no DQ match with him in that state? No thanks!" and he just forced the finish.

It was horrible whichever way you look at it. I used to love the Hardy Boyz, but they've both become such losers its beyond a joke :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Even if this was the most elaborate work in the wrestling history, it would be idiotic. Why píss off fans who actually bothered paying for it? How many of those will never get a TNA PPV again?

Whatever actually happened, it sums up TNA these last few years. I'm glad I gave up on watching it regularly last year. The sad thing is it could still be a great alternative if they made some pretty simple changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Jesus,if this isnt an idiotic work then that has to be grounds for Hardy's sacking.

Edit: And also for the people that actually allowed Hardy to go to the ring in the first place,just how stupid is Dixie Carter to let these idiots ruin her company and waste her money??

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Dixie said anything on twitter about this or has anyone from TNA made any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Maffew of Botchamania copped this:
    196952_207294195948308_115215825156146_893972_8240544_n.jpg
    See the scratches!? It looks like he dug his feckin nails into him. Hardy must have been out of his mind to not even realise he was being gotten rid of and pinned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This really puts the WWE in a good light in comparison as like em or not I could never imagine this happening in the modern WWE. It's sad as so many of us want genuine competition for the WWE but that is not what the WWE is. If I was TNA talent and even had a chance to be jobber with the WWE i'd be seriously thinking about jumping ship watching this garbage.

Feel bad for so many people in TNA simply cos they deserve so much better. AJ Styles for example, not to mention as others have that Sting could have potentially been headlining Wrestlemania in a few weaks, instead he has to deal with this.

In no way was I suggesting that this being a work (which I doubt it is) would be a good thing. Meerlly saying that if that isnt the case and what we are seeing is actually what it is then it's retarded beyond belief and instantly brings back memories of PW horror filled past. It casts everyone involved with it in a bad light by meer association.

For instance what is the TNA world title worth now? A belt redisgned specifically for (and by iirc) Hardy after the old belt was literally thrown in the garbage has just changed hands in a match that had no build to it and then defended in less than 2 minutes against a guy strung out on something who was pinned after 1 move.

Even Sting could be clearly heard to be saying he agreed with the fans who despite the volume being turned up to the max could be heard stating just how they felt about this atrocity. Infact i'd actually be slightly worried that Hogan/Bischoff etc could have a problem with Sting after this, as id be inclined to believe the idea put forward above. I.e that Bischoff was brought out last minute as they say the state Hardy was in to make it a no DQ match to allow Sting to work around Hardys limitations. However that considering the state hardy was in Sting being pissed off held him down for the 3 count after one move which wasnt planned. In no way should Sting be blamed but Hardy should be gone at minimum into rehab and the amount of faith i have in TNA makes me think that they will turn it into a storyline of some sorts cos backstage someone will have to take some blame, Sting voicing how he agree's with the fans might make him a target. Sounds retarded I know but I can imagine him jobbing to Hogan for the belt, but maybe thats just more of the WCW esque flashbacks im getting after watching that youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I think it happened in this order.
    • Hardy is allowed out to the ring despite being out of it.
    • He stumbles getting into the ring, revealing how bad he is.
    • Whatever he says to the ref, makes the ref realise "Oh shiiiiit...."
    • Ref tells So Cal, So Cal confers with guys next to the ring.
    • Bischoff hits the ring ASAP to let both guys know the plan.
    • He tells Sting the story.
    • He TRIES to tell Jeff whats gonna happen, but Jeff is so out of it he doesnt acknowledge it.
    • Sting shoot-pins Hardy to end the match.

TNA has sent Hardy home. That's all they are doing apparently.

If I was Sting I'd be ringing Vince and pleading to get to 'Mania somehow.

What message does that send to Hardy? He still has a job AND he isn't offered rehab?

Really, WHAT THE **** DOES JUST SENDING HIM HOME ACTUALLY DO???

Fire the waste of space, then WWE can at least do what they did for Scott Hall and offer him rehab. WWE would jump at the chance to make themselves look brilliant in the public eye, and helping out a guy from another company who wouldn't look after him does just that.

Maffew of Botchamania copped this:
    196952_207294195948308_115215825156146_893972_8240544_n.jpg
    See the scratches!? It looks like he dug his feckin nails into him. Hardy must have been out of his mind to not even realise he was being gotten rid of and pinned.

:eek:

I sound like a broken record, but it's the only option, fire him. I dunno why this has pissed me off so much, I guess after doing the Jimmy Jacobs interview I realise how badly some guys want to get even into TNA just so they can showcase themselves to a bigger audience, so seeing this idiot act like a retard when other more talented guys have a tough time trying to get noticed just grinds my ****ing gears.

TNA has sent Hardy home. That's all they are doing apparently.

If I was Sting I'd be ringing Vince and pleading to get to 'Mania somehow.

What message does that send to Hardy? He still has a job AND he isn't offered rehab?

Really, WHAT THE **** DOES JUST SENDING HIM HOME ACTUALLY DO???

Fire the waste of space, then WWE can at least do what they did for Scott Hall and offer him rehab. WWE would jump at the chance to make themselves look brilliant in the public eye, and helping out a guy from another company who wouldn't look after him does just that.

I was afraid TNA would do that, the hope it just stops by itself technique always works doesent it? :rolleyes:

Honestly a lot of the TNA talent should be looking at this and thinking, do I really want to work for this company?

I was afraid TNA would do that, the hope it just stops by itself technique always works doesent it? :rolleyes:

Honestly a lot of the TNA talent should be looking at this and thinking, do I really want to work for this company?

I really wish I was a fly on the wall of CM Punks locker room today. :p

But seriously, if TNA don't either:

a) Offer Hardy rehab

b) Fire him

Then every wrestler in the company, especially does home grown, should take a step back and wonder if it's working for them. Because as far as I see it, if TNA keep Hardy on pay-roll in the state he is in, then they don't give two ****s about their talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

189026_1828514439943_1452789620_2010059_3632610_n.jpg"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Sting had to do what he did, Hardy was a danger to himself and Sting. I'm surprised most of ye gave the rating a 1 out of 10 though, that's taking the piss a bit. The AJ Styles match was good, as was the Beer Money match, and Ultimate X match. The ending of the main event was ridiculous but I don't think it warrants writing off the whole ppv.
    And saying that all the the TNA wrestlers should go to WWE is rubbish, they don't all have Jeff Hardy's mentality. I agree he should be fired but probably won't be. In response to above poster, all quiet on the Twitter front.

Sting had to do what he did, Hardy was a danger to himself and Sting. I'm surprised most of ye gave the rating a 1 out of 10 though, that's taking the piss a bit. The AJ Styles match was good, as was the Beer Money match, and Ultimate X match. The ending of the main event was ridiculous but I don't think it warrants writing off the whole ppv.
    And saying that all the the TNA wrestlers should go to WWE is rubbish, they don't all have Jeff Hardy's mentality. I agree he should be fired but probably won't be. In response to above poster, all quiet on the Twitter front.

Yes Sting had to do that and has a right to be pissed as do most people connected with the incident and TNA in general.

It's not that they dont have his mentality its that their employers dont seem to give a damn about helping a wrestler, how Hardy even got that far without anyone stopping him is amazing.

I'll be honest I gave the PPV a 1. Yes its a bit harsh as the Styles match for example was decent but honestly im going to remember this PPV as a 1 out of 10. It was one of those moments that to me seemed like a company taking a dump on pro wrestling in general. Im just glad that not too many people watch TNA because of this tbh and thats despite how ive always said I want more to watch it as I want it to be viable competition to the WWE... but it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Yes Sting had to do that and has a right to be pissed as do most people connected with the incident and TNA in general.

It's not that they dont have his mentality its that their employers dont seem to give a damn about helping a wrestler, how Hardy even got that far without anyone stopping him is amazing.

I'll be honest I gave the PPV a 1. Yes its a bit harsh as the Styles match for example was decent but honestly im going to remember this PPV as a 1 out of 10. It was one of those moments that to me seemed like a company taking a dump on pro wrestling in general. Im just glad that not too many people watch TNA because of this tbh and thats despite how ive always said I want more to watch it as I want it to be viable competition to the WWE... but it's not.

Fair enough. Can't argue your point really as you are 100 % correct. They need to make a lot of changes to get that company working. The last 2 Impacts were decent and then they bury themselves like this, it can be frustrating being a TNA fan. Still, hope they improve, and to do so I think Hardy needs to go.

Advertisement