Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Congrats to those who got tickets.

Has anyone received their tickets from the Dutch crowd yet? I'm getting a bit fed up waiting as I paid for mine back in November!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No international tickets arrived yet.

Had both delivery's from the UK only so far.
    The last email I got from the french site said they would be posting out from Monday just gone and we'd get a FedEx tracking number first. The Dutch site, who owe me two delivery's, haven't made any contact since they admitted to the balls up over the request for passport numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Sorry if it's been discussed in here already, but what's the craic with the marathon? I know there are tickets, but are these just for the Mall/finishing area? Can you stand on the route for free around other parts of the course?

I have athletics, boxing, volleyball (both indoor and beach) and basketball tickets at this stage, and looking to get some swimming and cycling too if possible. It's costing me a small fortune, but it's a once in a lifetime thing i guess. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Sorry if it's been discussed in here already, but what's the craic with the marathon? I know there are tickets, but are these just for the Mall/finishing area? Can you stand on the route for free around other parts of the course?

I have athletics, boxing, volleyball (both indoor and beach) and basketball tickets at this stage, and looking to get some swimming and cycling too if possible. It's costing me a small fortune, but it's a once in a lifetime thing i guess. :)

Yeah you can watch the marathon for free on most of the route, the crowds will be sick i'd imagine.

I have about 5 or 6 different tickets at this stage, but cant keep myself away from all the ticket sites :rolleyes:

I really dont get this "once in a lifetime" thing, a 10 hr flight will take you to Rio in 2016 and 2020 may be in Madrid or Istanbul. Not exactly on another planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Yeah you can watch the marathon for free on most of the route, the crowds will be sick i'd imagine.

I have about 5 or 6 different tickets at this stage, but cant keep myself away from all the ticket sites :rolleyes:

I really dont get this "once in a lifetime" thing, a 10 hr flight will take you to Rio in 2016 and 2020 may be in Madrid or Istanbul. Not exactly on another planet.

Thanks, yep crowds will be massive if thats the case. Get in early i guess!

Just meant "once in a lifetime" insofar as it's so convenient, living in London so no need to organise flights, accomodation, time off work etc. But I see what you mean obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

But they speak foreign there. :)

The closest thing you're ever going to get to a "home" Olympics in our lifetime.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yay, picked up two £95 tickets for the Monday morning athletics session :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Spare tickets available for face value with booking receipt and travel card.

• 31 July - Weightlifting (M & W) - session WL008 - CAT B Ticket x 1 = £45
    • 05 August - Boxing (W) - session BX017 - CAT A Ticket x 1 = £95

Might be some use to someone as a filler event.

Please pm if any questions or if interested.

thanks

Trihead

ps I'm still on the look out for that golden athletics ticket so keep me in mind if you end up with a spare wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48 glassmullan

Trihead,

Which days for the athletics ya looking for and up to what Category. will keep a look out for ya, would like to return the favor as if not for this tread i would not have got sorted with my athletics tickets.

Still no sign of my ticket from the Dutch site. First week of July my a***

They better hurry up as I may have to move in the next few weeks and the last thing I want is the ticket arriving to my old address.

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    Still no sign of my ticket from the Dutch site. First week of July my a***

They better hurry up as I may have to move in the next few weeks and the last thing I want is the ticket arriving to my old address.

No sign of them for me either. I'm waiting on 5 different ticket deliveries actually between the dutch crowd and the official one, something has to happen this week surely :D

Just got an email from the French site with a FedEx tracking number for their delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I'm sure this question may have been asked earlier, but I would appreciate if someone could assist me with my Olympic-sized heartache as follows...

It's with a lifetime of regret that I'll have to pawn off my two morning sesh tickets due to being at the other side of the world. A relative has jumped on them like a bat out of hell, but I'm not sure if they can be transferred between people or only sent back for re-sale?

That is fine. They will have no problem with you giving them to a relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Rineanna wrote: »
    I'm sure this question may have been asked earlier, but I would appreciate if someone could assist me with my Olympic-sized heartache as follows...

It's with a lifetime of regret that I'll have to pawn off my two morning sesh tickets due to being at the other side of the world. A relative has jumped on them like a bat out of hell, but I'm not sure if they can be transferred between people or only sent back for re-sale?

Sorry to hear about your difficulty.
    From the London 2012 website:
    "Our ticketing policy states that tickets are non-transferable. However, providing you as the lead booker are contactable on the day in case of query, a member of your family or a friend may use tickets you can no longer use.

Alternatively, you can submit your tickets for resale at face value through the official London 2012 ticket resale programme. This is the only authorised way you will be able to submit your tickets for resale."

So you are in the clear to give them to your relative.

Might yet book myself a couple of of nights so that I don't have to to spend the duration on the floor at relatives who don't have broadband. Free is good, but broadband and a decent telly is more important.

Still no Dutch tickets here. I wonder have we been victims of a scam, they have our credit card details, address, money and passport numbers :rolleyes:

Still no Dutch tickets here. I wonder have we been victims of a scam, they have our credit card details, address, money and passport numbers :rolleyes:

First thing to do is check that they are authorised ticket resellers:
    http://www.london2012.com/spectators/tickets/ticket-checker/

I wouldn't be worried for another week tbh. I rang them up before (to confirm an order) and got through to their office. Maybe give them a ring tomorrow and ask if they've been sent out yet?

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Just got an email from the French site with a FedEx tracking number for their delivery.

Now I'm confused.

I thought it was tickets from the French site, but the FedEx tracking is showing the item as being picked up in New Jersey and currently going through Memphis. :confused:

I also just noticed that the email shows the shipment as coming from JETSET SPORTS HOLDINGS who I did not buy from, but a website of JetSet Sports do appear on the London 2012 site as NOT being an authorised re-seller.

robinph wrote: »

I also just noticed that the email shows the shipment as coming from JETSET SPORTS HOLDINGS who I did not buy from, but a website of JetSet Sports do appear on the London 2012 site as NOT being an authorised re-seller.

That site is jetsetsport.info, whereas jetsetsports.com is an authorised re-seller. Their HQ are in New Jersey (which ties in with them being picked up there) so I'd say you can sit back, relax and wait for the precious tickets to arrive in the coming days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

I have one Individual Showjumping Final Ticket for Wed 8th for sale as I can't go that day, but would try swap it for an Athletics Evening session first.

I also have a Women’s Boxing Final Ticket for Thurs 9th (hopefully Katie Taylor involved). I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this either so I'd also try swap it for an Athletics Evening session ticket.

Apparently the Dutch site is selling tickets again.

Apparently the Dutch site is selling tickets again.

"NOTE: cards now be bought in the shop can be collected from July 27 at the Holland Heineken House. Keep this in mind when making your order"

The heineken house is in Ally Pally, bit of a trek out there. I wonder would the €50 postage fee be waived though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Just got 2 morning session tickets for Wednesday from the Czech official reselling site. Thought I was booking for Thursday but turned out to be Wednesday (the site was a f*cking mess), so that has taken a bit of the joy away from finally securing a ticket to the stadium. 2 tickets came to 140 pounds combined, most of that being extras.

Men's Pole Vault
    10:00 - Qualification

Women's Hammer Throw
    10:00 - Qualification

Men's Decathlon
    10:10 - 100m
    11:10 - Long Jump
    12:50 - Shot Put

Men's 5000m
    10:45 - Round 1

Women's 800m
    11:35 - Round 1

Two more tickets arrived for me this morning. Once is just a Table Tennis session... but the other one is for Beach Volleyball. :D:D:D

Two sets of tickets arrived here this morning: women's boxing finals and 105kg+ weightlifting. They came in the one package even though I was charged for 2 deliveries. :mad: I have emailed them to complain but I don't expect to get much soot out of them. I hope that the delivery charge is not being used as an unofficial booking fee by the official London 2012 website!

Still waiting for the Saturday (4th) and Sunday (5th) night athletics tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

:D

Woke up this morning pretty annoyed with myself that I let some evening session tickets slip through the net last night. I could have got some good tickets but got confused with the confusing site and messed it up. Went on again this morning in the hope there would still be tickets left and as luck would have it there were 2 tickets left for the Wednesday night, one Cat C and one Cat D, so I snapped them up ASAP!! Both tickets combined are around 400 British pounds, so at 200 each, while expensive, its probably just within the limit of what I would pay. A pretty nice sessions: Womens 200m final and Allyson Felix, Womens 400m Hurdles final, both the semi and the final of the 110m Hurdles, womens long jump final, aswell as womens 1500m semis, and more decathlon. So overall I paid $820 AUD (about 550 GBP) for 2 morning session tickets, and 2 evening session tickets, all for Wednesday. To quote Ned Flanders, it will be a pretend Christmas this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

After hearing that tickets for some of the sports were still available on the official site, I went there and was able to grab tickets for boxing on the 30th and 31st along with men's 77kg weightlifting final on the 1st for £265 all together. Keeping my fingers crossed that when I am over there I can get a ticket for any of the swimming or gymnastic events but other than that I am thrilled to be going over.

Advertisement