Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama and The Queen visiting Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Here's a true Irishman, Ronan O Gara, this is class.
    queen.jpg

0805_ronan1_Pa_318822t.jpg

0805_ronan2_pa_318823t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

uprising2 wrote: »
    queen.jpg

What happened there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

enno99 wrote: »
    Why not Shannon the place seems to be crawling with CIA already

Last December Shannonwatch reported that five planes previously connected to renditions had used Shannon Airport since March 2009. As Amnesty have pointed out, there is a widespread belief that President Obama ended the practice of renditions but this is not the case. The CIA is still permitted to carry out rendition operations, and may well be using Shannon still to do so

http://www.shannonwatch.org/story/lack-progress-suspect-rendition-flights-through-shannon-yet-another-irish-government-failure

On Friday 18th March Shannonwatch delivered two full wheelbarrow loads of documentation relating to the misuse of Shannon Airport to the Gardai. The information, which was all related to possible breaches of national and international laws at the airport was delivered after a press conference held in Shannon

http://www.shannonwatch.org/blog/evidence-presented-gardai-now-they-know

no offense but i didnt ask for any of that crap.all i asked was wether you could watch airforce one land or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭crazym02

Well both the Queen and Obama have both been labelled as possible anti-Christs before so they have more in common than you might think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

queen.jpg

That's how incest should be treated.

• Advertisement

fontanalis wrote: »
    That's how incest should be treated.

What did he do?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

caseyann wrote: »
    What happened there?

The rugby players were meeting the Queen and O'Gara didn't seem to get too excited about it. You're supposed to look happy and remember to bow down etc.

So thats what all the fuss was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

That was a story cooked up by the papers. O'Gara was perfectly respectful when being introduced to the queen, but when they were having a 'relaxed' chat afterwards he put his hands in his pockets. The British papers pretended that that was how he acted when being introduced to the queen.

If I were to meet the woman, I'd be respectful and whatever, but I wouldn't be doing any bowing and scraping either.

That was a story cooked up by the papers. O'Gara was perfectly respectful when being introduced to the queen, but when they were having a 'relaxed' chat afterwards he put his hands in his pockets. The British papers pretended that that was how he acted when being introduced to the queen.

If I were to meet the woman, I'd be respectful and whatever, but I wouldn't be doing any bowing and scraping either.

Slap her on the back and show her a good time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Yep, here's a picture, there was a video somewhere but can't find it anymore
    se24ut.jpg
    Here's a true Irishman, Ronan O Gara, this is class.]

You didn't trust the mainstream media did you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

f**k respect to the queen,wheres her respect for the irish people for never apologising for the troubles,i cant believe were welcoming her,people will be waving little union jacks on the streets,dont forget she is the head of all the british forces,one little apology would mean so much,by the way im not a republican or im not involved with any similar groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

The visit of prince albert, the queen, barak obama is all just a big bloody distraction, while their poncing around we're getting shafted with, what is it up to now, 105 BILLION euros of private companies debt.
    no doubt the banks and finance houses related to monaco, the bank of england and other english banks and a whole pile of american banks want us to accept a ton of money lent to us by the eu which we then have to pay back to these f'in bondholders.

for 100k you can get a former president to come and do a speech

for 105 billion you get the prince of monaco, the queen, president of america AND next year you get the pope and the dalai lama lobbed in too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

mr lee wrote: »
    f**k respect to the queen,wheres her respect for the irish people for never apologising for the troubles,i cant believe were welcoming her,people will be waving little union jacks on the streets,dont forget she is the head of all the british forces,one little apology would mean so much,by the way im not a republican or im not involved with any similar groups.
    She's the nominal head of the armed forces. She's just a figurehead. I'm not sure why she should apologise for the 'troubles' either - that was basically different flavours of Irish people killing each other, with a certain amount of murders of soldiers and police, and a smattering of murders by soldiers and police.

There's no doubt that some awful things were done by British soldiers in the North (I only learned about that little girl who was murdered by a soldier who was shooting at a non-existent 'sniper' the other day) but by and large they behaved bloody well if you compare NI with other situations. If you want to see how other armies dealt with what they viewed as threats to the status quo, you could do worse than start with the 'Dirty War' in Argentina. How many civilians were murdered by British sodliers in NI? And how many of those murders were guys acting on their own initiative?

Well in Argentina, between 10 and 30 thousand of their own citizens were tortured and 'disappeared' (one method of disappearance was to drug and weigh them down and drop them out of planes into the 30-odd-mile wide River Plate), and this was not a case of guys losing the head, or individual psychos acting alone. It was army policy.

So, on the whole, I don't think the behaviour of British soldiers in NI was all that bad on, certainly not when compared with the way other armies dealt with insurgencies.

And of course, the queen is very circumscribed in what she can and can't say - even if she wanted to apologise for something, it would have to be cleared politically first with the government.

All this raging against the queen reminds me of the guys in Pakistan burning effigies of US presidents and US flags, and then going back to scraping a living out of a patch of dirt in dire poverty. They are distracted by the symbols of oppression that they are fed, and don't realise that the real problems in their lives are caused by other factors that have nothing to do with the US (e.g. their own governments, their own ignorance, their own religion etc. etc.).

Oddly enough, you never hear the people who are demanding that the queen apologises for what the army did in NI demanding that the President of Ireland apologise to the British for the many, many murders and terrorist attacks carried out by Irish citizens on innocent men, women and children in the UK.

The theory of bunkers in Ireland for the rich and powerful,as in fact Ireland apparently will be the last safe haven on the planet from global warming.
    Perhaps they know something more and that is why they are coming to visit.

Ireland could become one of the last remaining refuges in a world crippled by global warming, according to a climate change expert.

Professor Brendan Gleeson, of the National University of Ireland (NUI) at Maynooth, was speaking in the first of a series of lectures on the dangers of climate change, entitled "An Urban World at Risk".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12998760

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

mr lee wrote: »
    You sure you're not involved? You talk as much crap as they do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Inbreeding is bad mmmkay

Advertisement