Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Pic 180: A Sirex heifer we had intended to breed off but went and got herself incalf as a teenager. Both are in flying form now, if the heifer goes on well over the summer we intend trying her again!

Pic 178: Yesterday in work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Bizzum wrote: »
    Pic 180: A Sirex heifer we had intended to breed off but went and got herself incalf as a teenager. Both are in flying form now, if the heifer goes on well over the summer we intend trying her again!

Pic 178: Yesterday in work!
    Lovely heifer no loss on her after the section , what age was she calving ?
    We have one that misbehaved aswell she will be calving at 17 mths next month .
    Thats nice work enviroment , much nicer than mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

The blonde bull, looks better every day I see him, first pic of him from 3 weeks ago!!
    He looks like a placid fellow - there's a lot to be said for that. My vasectomised bull is 17m old now and is getting wary so he'll be for the chop once he's his job done this Spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

there a thread on ionesco bulls just thought i'd put up this pic. He's an ionesco son 14mts old in the photo was weighed the same day at 620kgs. (no stopping me now i've found out how to upload pics:D:D )Have to get out with the camera a bit more!! By the way class stock bodacious!! Really liking our 1st part calves too. No sirex though all Lry. Must try sirex next year.

Only tried one straw last year but would be impressed and will try a few more this year, id like to try that SNX Sannsonnett but only on a mature cow that is handy at putting them out

Bodacious wrote: »
    Here is a picture of the dam last summer as a heifer:

4BB47391.jpg

Them bits of horns were annoying me (she was sculled too young - as a yearling) and i thought they ruined her so i tidied her up there in the harvest:
    64419D70.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

bogman will tell us:D

sory lads. Took the last 3 for myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

just do it wrote: »
    He looks like a placid fellow - there's a lot to be said for that. My vasectomised bull is 17m old now and is getting wary so he'll be for the chop once he's his job done this Spring.

He is quiet alright but you never know with a bull, hes still better than our own limo who if he doesnt go somewhere just turns and faces you. I'd try and buy the Blonde but I dont think he will sell him. Seen about 15 calfs by him out of 2 year old springers a week ago and they are top quality and only two had to be pulled. He was very poor when I got him first but hes thriving like hell, should be a fair animal in another 6 weeks if he stays going the way he is!!

Only tried one straw last year but would be impressed and will try a few more this year, id like to try that SNX Sannsonnett but only on a mature cow that is handy at putting them out

I dont think he is breeding that well which is a pity because he is an amazing looking bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

there a thread on ionesco bulls just thought i'd put up this pic. He's an ionesco son 14mts old in the photo was weighed the same day at 620kgs.

Here is a first calver out of Ionesco on the left. And that is her mother on the right. That was her first calf at 30 months. If only all Lims were as quiet as these two I'd have nothing else. Great mothers and loads of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Here is a first calver out of Ionesco on the left. And that is her mother on the right. That was her first calf at 30 months. If only all Lims were as quiet as these two I'd have nothing else. Great mothers and loads of milk.

Nice pair. I could be way off towzer2010, but I'd say there's a strain of freisan somewhere back the line in that cow on the right going by her head... I could be way off?

That's a serious bag of milk for a LM ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

sory lads. Took the last 3 for myself :D

surly theres a law against that..... insider trading or something its called:D:D:D
    Oh and when ur leavin them back put them to one side for me;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

I'm with bogman on this. From what I hear the association are not overly happy with his performance. Can be hard calved and very hit and miss calves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Muckit wrote: »
    towzer2010 wrote: »

Nice pair. I could be way off towzer2010, but I'd say there's a strain of freisan somewhere back the line in that cow on the right going by her head... I could be way off?

That's a serious bag of milk for a LM ;)

She has load's of milk alright. I bought her from a neighbour as a weanling and I don't know what she is out of. I have two other heifers out of her. They are both ch's but I'm going to keep them. The older one is already in calf to LZE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

johnpawl wrote: »
    I'm with bogman on this. From what I hear the association are not happy with his performance. Can be hard calved and very hit and miss calves.
    i have 1 snx heifer out of a big black square lim cow,she turned out the most leggest yoke you ever saw,she then went on to have a cbq calf herself this year and its the best calf in the place.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I'm with bogman on this. From what I hear the association are not overly happy with his performance. Can be hard calved and very hit and miss calves.

Our own AI man used him a good bit he tells me and had every sort of a calf under the sun, including some that grew and grew up in the air and were narrow. Again he says he was hard calved.

leg wax wrote: »
    i have 1 snx heifer out of a big black square lim cow,she turned out the most leggest yoke you ever saw,she then went on to have a cbq calf herself this year and its the best calf in the place.:confused:

You must show us a pic of that calf if you can. have you many cambridge calves?

Bizzum wrote: »
    Our own AI man used him a good bit he tells me and had every sort of a calf under the sun, including some that grew and grew up in the air and were narrow. Again he says he was hard calved.

I saw a calf of his on a very good pedigree part cow that had good calves every year prior and it was a poor bull calf. I've a notion his straws are dear too, but stand open to correction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Any probs calving?

No JP , they absolutely spat them out.
    To tell you the truth i was a little dissapointed with them as new calves , as i picked two of the best widest cows thinking they would have big calves from him , but quite the opposite , a heifer would have easily calved either of them .

Cheers lads,

I cant get eurogene anyway, i met my ai man tonight.. typical he cant get Sirex straws and is all out.. i might have to keep that heifer calf!!

Cheers lads,

I cant get eurogene anyway, i met my ai man tonight.. typical he cant get Sirex straws and is all out.. i might have to keep that heifer calf!!

Would you try cbq/bzb/lry?

• Advertisement

Would you try cbq/bzb/lry?

oh i would indeed need to look at the calving figures comparison on them, BZB not great height wise though is he?

surly theres a law against that..... insider trading or something its called:D:D:D
    Oh and when ur leavin them back put them to one side for me;)

If the lads on Wall St. can do it.....

oh i would indeed need to look at the calving figures comparison on them, BZB not great height wise though is he?

not sure tbh. i suppose i am more fixated on easy calving, cos i'm gone for most of the day and there's nobody at home to keep an eye on things..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

last one of the season:D:D:D

3rd calver NRX
    204242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

nice cow,will u keep or sell the calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

PMU wrote: »
    nice cow,will u keep or sell the calf.

heifer calf, we will keep her.
    we breed every thing to black and white, or some variation, and keep all heifers to breed through, calve them back in and sell surplus stock, we would sell 50-60 cows/heifers every year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭stanflt

dar31 wrote: »
    heifer calf, we will keep her.
    we breed every thing to black and white, or some variation, and keep all heifers to breed through, calve them back in and sell surplus stock, we would sell 50-60 cows/heifers every year

r u milking many at the moment?
    still have 6 to calf-all sprung up to calve in next week to 10days-left the bull out a little longer

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

As soon as we get the cows and calves back out i'll get a few pics of LRY calves for you if it would help. Found them very easy calved!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

'Beef to the heels like a Mullingar Galway heifer' :D:D

p5090142.jpg

p5090134.jpg

p5090139.jpg

p5090143.jpg

Give her another month or two ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭stanflt

nice grass-was in galway for a communion on sunday and didnt see much ground like that- what part are you in

nice animal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement