Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The backgrounds in the game look beautiful, well in a grim kind of way. I think I'll be getting this as it looks like fun . It's just a pity the big four-armed dudes aren't playable, you never got to use them in the old games either and I always hated that.

Lol I love the second fatality in this video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

The ultimate arcade humiliation

joe123 wrote: »
    Better graphics? They look identical to me.

If you want a proper reason instead of fanboy rubbish the xbox dpad is absolute muck so if I had a ps3 I'd pick that every time.

I'm not a fanboy, I hate that BS. I'm buying it on PS3 because it's better value, plain and simple, there's more stuff in it for the same cash Also I have a fightpad for both systems so meh on the ps3 controller vs 360 one.

If I was looking for a reason to buy 360 it would have to be that more people do in-game chat because everybody has mics/headsets, but the attraction of slicing people up with kratos is too much to pass up.

Sony really should have thrown in a Bluetooth headset with the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Creature wrote: »
    It's just a pity the big four-armed dudes aren't playable, you never got to use them in the old games either and I always hated that.
    Pretty sure you can play as kintaro somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Best be trollin', I thought they were supposed to be dialing down the goofiness.

Nope...I liked babalities and the likes. They were goofy but that was the point.
    i also hope the "toasty" dude pops his head in:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

just a little f.y.i for mk fans, games in ireland nearly always get released on friday, because friday is good friday the mk9 release date has been pushed up to thursday (2moro) choose your destiny! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

just a little f.y.i for mk fans, games in ireland nearly always get released on friday, because friday is good friday the mk9 release date has been pushed up to thursday (2moro) choose your destiny! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Just replying to a few quick things there but too lazy to quote.

Its on sale in smyths tomorrow so I'm sure its the same for the other shops.

Kintaro is a dlc dude. He has hyper armour on some stuff. Wonder will that stick when he's playable.

You dont actually have to pay for the fatalies in the krypt. You can do em from the get go. Your Koins are just used so the input is in your movelist.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Anyone know if I anywhere will be doing midnight releases for this tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

bryanjf wrote: »
    can anyone confirm this?
    GAME said it'd be on sale tomorrow anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Anyone see any special editions anywhere? I am looking for the stick or statue version.

eco2live wrote: »
    Anyone see any special editions anywhere? I am looking for the stick or statue version.
    As far as I know the Stick was a US exclusive - dont quote me on that though. Most GAMEs should be packing one or two copies of the statue version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what does statue version mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

After getting this game at midnight I can say it is awesome still up playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Placebo wrote: »
    what does statue version mean?

Comes with a statue. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Right. Had this pre-ordered in Game. Supposed to get a pre-order Game exclusive Scorpian costume/fatality code. They said they hadn't got any ! ffs !
    Have to call back in case they get them in over the next few days. I really really wanted Scorpians orig costume :(

ALso, they only got ONE copy of the guide. It was the 'KE' edition also and I had it pre-ordered. BUT someone else had it pre-ordered before me so no joy there. Gamestop & HMV no nothing of any game guide so out of luck totally there.

Anyone else NOT get their GAME exclusive pre-order codes for Scorpian unlocks ?

pre-order just means you're guaranteed a game. It doesn't mean you're guaranteed it on day 1. You're far better off just shopping around on the day instead of tying yourself down to 1 retailer.

It's been a long time since there was a game people actually couldn't get hold of a copy of anywhere on day 1.

Sorry. What I meant was... I got the game but GAME didn;t have the pre-order exclusive Scorpian costume/fatility unlock codes.

MK the game is easy to get but with your pre-order in GAME you were suppoosed to get extra unlocks. In Gamestop the bonus is a poster.

I have the game :) but not the bonus content I was promised :(

brianon wrote: »
    Anyone else NOT get their GAME exclusive pre-order codes for Scorpian unlocks ?

I was in GAME earlier in Galway and for some reason their costume codes were delivered late - they had already sold a bunch of preorders of the game before their codes arrived in the shop.
    Might be an idea to check back today and see if Limerick got their shipment in.

• Advertisement

Sorry. What I meant was... I got the game but GAME didn;t have the pre-order exclusive Scorpian costume/fatility unlock codes

Have you tried giving their HQ call and giving them some grief and abuse? Their shops would all have the number. Explain what happened and tell them you're disappointed, and regret pre-ordering MK with them now, and will be reconsidering shopping around when the next big release comes along.

Most of their irish operation, shipping, etc would be handled from that office, i'm sure there's something they could do for you, more than an individual store would be able to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I picked this up today and it is deadly. Story mode is great craic and makes gives you the characters to control.

Good long fights. Responsive controls. Good speed and you don't have to fight any dish washers with a head or dogs :)

Have not played online yet and I don't know how deep but it will be for tournament play but it is deffo fun. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Any advice for a relative new comer to the series? Besides, block is a button rather than a direction :)

Not really getting combos going yet...Training mode is a good intro but was hoping for something like SF where it would teach you some and then exploration guides the rest of the way. SRK wiki has little to nothing at the moment.

Only started but it is fun and over the top - just what you're looking for from MK series.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just had a quick go of it a few minutes ago in work.

Raiden's moveset has either changed a lot or the commands are now completely different.

Also the move list didn't appear to show the commands for specials, only command normals and chain combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Haven't played a MK game since MKII. Considering picking this up if the new gamestop list for the €3 deal has enough games I'm willing to trade in.

Is online really as laggy as everyone claims?

Just had a quick go of it a few minutes ago in work.

Raiden's moveset has either changed a lot or the commands are now completely different.

Also the move list didn't appear to show the commands for specials, only command normals and chain combos.

Press X on the move list screen to list the specials.

I rang GAME Limerick there and they have the Scorpian costume unlock codes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I checked gamefaqs, Raidens commands have indeed changed a lot since MK II.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Press X on the move list screen to list the specials.

I rang GAME Limerick there and they have the Scorpian costume unlock codes now.

I got the Scorpion/Jade/Mileena codes at 12!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Anybody having trouble connecting to the Playstation network? I did the system install and I haven't been able to sign in. If I play offline will I lose anything [I already finished Ladder mode once] anything when I can get back online?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

PSN is down at the moment.

Advertisement