Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    There were infinates in Street Fighter, and there are glitches and gimmicks in Marvel. Anyways, it's no easy money - can you outglitch JWong / Marn? :D You can be sure they will play to win regardless of the spectacle!
    Only SF titles with infinites that I know of are SFA3 (only discovered after about a year), SFIII:2nd Impact (which had other problems) and SF:The Movie:The Game (... yeah).

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

SF4 has infinites too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Red350 wrote: »
    SF4 has infinites too.

they can't kill like that though.

Red350 wrote: »
    SF4 has infinites too.
    I guess that depends on your definition.

Mine is:
    a "true" infinite should be able to deal over 100% without stun, on the majority of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Mine is:
    a "true" infinite should be able to deal over 100% without stun, on the majority of the cast.

your definition is wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Time out victories ftw! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mine is:

That is a ludicrous definition.

Actually, yeah.
    It is.

Eh, whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Mine is:

ಠ_ಠ

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Yes they can, they reduce the opponents life to 0 or result in timeout, just as every infinite does.

Anyway I was just adding to kiki's list of sf titles with infinites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

50282_275950255372_231624_n.jpg

The following places give away the associated classic costume with every purchase in America.

Kollector's/Tournament Edition: Ermac
    MK BluRay movie(s): Jade (PS3 only)
    Gamestop: Scorpion
    Best Buy: Sub-Zero
    Amazon: Reptile
    Wal-Mart: Mileena
    Toys R Us: Kitana

Each costume also unlocks a classic fatality.

DLC Fatalities at launch?! **** you NetherRealm. **** you.

On the one hand, fatalities aren't actually necessary to gameplay.

OTOH... yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And they've already got the DLC slots in the character select screen. Ah, the way the world is going.....

🤪

On the one hand, fatalities aren't actually necessary to gameplay.

OTOH... yeah.

I know :(

Also, Kratos gameplay. Skip to 1:20. He has QTEs! :pac:

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    And they've already got the DLC slots in the character select screen. Ah, the way the world is going.....
    Well, then the easy way to do this (and it's kinda what I'm doing with Marvel, and to a lesser extent BBCS) -- vote with your wallet, don't buy the game.

Here's hoping Skull Girls & Arcana Heart 3 learn enough to not do DLC characters :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

vote with your wallet, don't buy the game.

True, but then I wouldn't have the game. You see the bind they have me in here :pac:

It awesome that Kratos has QTE's. Its a shame that I'll more than likely get this on 360.

That's right...
    costumes/fatalities tied to game store-specific preorders.

I have no more words.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

lollers I was half considering getting this but they can feck right off now! This nonsense has to stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

jesus you gamers have come a long way, from not owning a street fighter game besides SF2:Turbo on the snes/mega-drive to demanding pixel perfection in any new and up coming fighting game.
    I'm sure if it didnt have infinites people would complain about it become 3d or rigid or "add another reason". Fair enough SF4 has set the standard but give it a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

To get more on topic :rolleyes: anyone come across any unblockables in the game? Scorpions demon fire move (ranged ground fire summoning thing) seems to be unblockable (low or high doesnt work), so even if you end a block string with it and your opponent doesnt anticipate it and jump there getting burned. Even jumping it on reaction from full/mid screen can be tight. A bit on the overpowered side if you ask me. I hope unblockable-fast-ranged-specials arent a running theme within the cast, or if so everybody better get one!

And x rays can be interrupted with the c-c-c-combo breaker! Well sub zeros can anyway, i have try it out on the rest of the cast yet and also see if its under certain circumstances too.

Some proper Kratos footage:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I think this game looks like great. Looking forward to it.:)

I am going to hold fire and see what they do with the DLC when it comes out. I have bought into enough games DLC (its like a bleeding subscription service for some games at this stage). Do no company's want to add value to a purchase to ensure loyalty for next release? DLC is not the problem in itself if there is a lot of work put into it and it is well spaced out. The fact that they give nothing for nothing anymore is a pain. Its worse on Xbox with the 5€ for a bleeding avatar hat :rolleyes:. I can buy a real hat for that. Themes and avatars should be customizable so that you can download user content and upload it to xbox live for. Its like wallpapers and rintones all over again. Money for old rope :confused:

Yea I don't have to buy it and I mostly dont but it makes for a boring setup without any quality free content.

I read that all Tekken DLC will be free in future. If that turns out to be true that will be a breath of fresh air.:)

On FPS titles now they are giving less levels and holding them back for DLC. Fighting games are holding back characters and modes. Whats next? a fuggen coin slot on the front of the console. Insert €1 to continue. :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with rewarding gamplay. They should give rewards for amounts of online games etc. That would ensure loyalty better then money and DLC for a new pair of tights ;)

Yea MK9 looks great. Sorry for the OT rant but it is relevant to MK9 when I seen the costumes that are exclusive to where you buy the game. I am sure we will have the option to purchase it at an extra cost :rolleyes:

I dont think paying for costumes is that much of a big deal as it doesnt effect the game that much if at all, paying for characters and having console specific characters is a no no for me though. makes the game less accessible. Blaz blue is an example as when it hit shop two more characters came out for DLC. Should have just waited and put them in, profit/loss margin would have been minimal if anything.

But hey, you cant play the game if you dont buy it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Just to interject; BB's DLC characters took about 3 months and 6 months to be released after it's American drop (Or more. I think it might've been more.). The EU release just took that long to GET here... not to mention that BB's EU release price was something ridiculously low like 17 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Kratos looks kind of cool, too bad I don't have a PS3 but I'll live.

As for the game itself, I'm still very meh on it, I might rent it when it comes out to see what it is like. I mean its looks nice and all and I can see the amount of love that has being put in by the developers but I'm not entirely sold on it.

Voa wrote: »
    Just to interject; BB's DLC characters took about 3 months and 6 months to be released after it's American drop (Or more. I think it might've been more.). The EU release just took that long to GET here... not to mention that BB's EU release price was something ridiculously low like 17 quid.

I know the release dates were fairly far apart which is a balls too, but if the release date is that far away there is no defining reason why the characters didnt come on the disc for the european version, but i aint a computer programer or some such at the end of the day so i probably dont know what im talking about haha just making an educated guess.

Im fairly sure it was that price due to where it was selling, in the US its still selling for about 30 bucks so release date price would have been higher.

Since Australia doesn't have an R18 rating for games, Mortal Kombat 9 was refused classification and looked like they wouldn't get it at all. But thankfully they're making a special edition specifically for Australia and it's crappy classification system.

• Advertisement

This looks nice for MK but not so good for other games. I like the fact thats a bit different.

By the way the link came up as projectile in my spell check. Spooky :rolleyes:

Advertisement