Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurofen and Bloody Chemists

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Met a patient this week who "had to" take 15 nurofen + every day. Had a list of "easy chemists" where she got her stuff with limited questioning. It's not a completely pointless exercise to be careful selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

bleg wrote: »
    Don't bother.:D

I know, I know.

I saw this thread and promised myself not to get sucked in...and here I am. For some reason, the ignorance round this issue drives me bananas.

People, just read the patient information leaflet that comes with your otc medicine. It's not that hard to get the relavent info that you will need. If you can't be arsed to do that then it's just as well the pharmacists are doing their jobs.

Over and out./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Do you know what nurofen + is?

Yes it inbuprofen with some codeine which is opiate based. I am just making the point because I think it works well, it does. Although it is a strong painkiller my expectations makes it stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I use Syndol occasionally for Migraine, which is the same as solpadeine. They contain Panadol Codeine and Caffeine. The Codeine does something because Panadol on its own does not work. Boots refused me outright to sell me Syndol and suggested Nurofen which I cannot take because they can be hard on the stomach like Aspirin, so I had nothing. Although I can get a limited amount from my local pharmacist, I now get a few packets of Syndol every time I am in the UK, they don't have the same over the top rules.
    Boots cannot give me tablets for my headache but they are promoting the morning after pill, what a crazy situation.

Mustique150. a bottle of codeine is excellent for dry coughs, but you need a prescription.
    How anyone can get addicted to it is beyond me it taste horrible.

Advertisement