Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHELTENHAM - DAY 2: Wednesday 16th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 danieljm

Big zeb all the way...going should suit him...hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

mdwexford wrote: »
    I agree but its festival week, its plenty of people who dont follow racing, just go with it.

One sentence is all it takes, like "The trainers daughter is really pretty" or "I'm following Mullins because he wins all the time" - the Ruby Walsh accumulators are pretty self explanitory. It would be nice to throw something in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

For what it's worth
    1:30 Alfa Beat/Arabella boy (Can’t choose between them – might do a reverse forcast)

2:05 - So Young

2:40 - Time For Rupert

3:20 - Master Minded

4.00 - Aegean dawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Can anyone tell me what the odds are on an e/w double on Alfa Beat and Aegaen Dawn today? havent got access here.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

9 PRICEWISE TIPS TODAY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    My bets so far are,

1.30 Chicago Grey E/W

Some good runs around Cheltenham, looks like he will stay the 4m

2.05 So Young

Looks very good, impressive in first two hurdle races. price a bit short now though.

2.40 Mikael D'Haguenet E/W

Brilliant hurdler, not so good so far over fences, probably a heart over head bet but would Ruby back on I'm hoping tomorrow could be his day.

4.00 Aegean Dawn E/W

Unbeaten so far and has been very impressive over hurdles.

Adding Big Zeb and Divine Rhapsody to my selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

1.30 – Chicago Grey (5/1) and a small bit e/w on Major Malarkey (25/1) 2.05 – First Lieutenant (13/2) 2.40 – Jessie’s Dream or Mikael D’Haguenet (both 8/1) 3.20 – Master Minded (7/2)4.00 – Carlito Brigante (16/1) Contemplating Aegean Dawn as well but not sure yet. 4.40 – What a Chance (8/1) 5.15 – Raise the Beat (8/1)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Alright lads, here my tips for the day, i know you've all been waiting :D

1.30 > Alpha Beat
    2.05 > Too Young seems 'too short' (see what i did there :rolleyes:) so im siding with Tornado Bob
    2.40 > NAP of the day Time For Rupert (good thing)
    3.20 > Big Zeb
    4.00 > No great interest but Call the Police
    4.40 > Paintball
    5.15 > Knight Pass (trainer seems extremely confident) but also like Raise The Beat too.

All the best today lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Nulty
    where could I get a list of willie mullins trained horses?
    Nulty wrote: »
    One sentence is all it takes, like "The trainers daughter is really pretty" or "I'm following Mullins because he wins all the time" - the Ruby Walsh accumulators are pretty self explanitory. It would be nice to throw something in there.

Anyone rate Wymotts chances for the RSA?

Donald McCain likes the horse a lot but he hasn't really been tested so far this season. He was a good hurdler - winner of a G2 over hurdles and at 3m1f so sure to stay the trip at a strong pace. His 3m chase form worked out on paper only because the horse he beat win his next race but only because the best horse in the race fell and died. Decent price about him but very hard to say one way or the other if its a good bet. Arguably he should be shorter than Wayward Prince because of his hurdling form and is probably relative value against that one.

Really competitive race if Time For Rupert is just a little bit "less good" than he appears to be.

• Advertisement

TimMac wrote: »
    Nulty
    where could I get a list of willie mullins trained horses?

This is his website, has a few words on runners each day. All his horses in training are there.

This is his profile on the Racing Post. You can check his entries on this and much more.

About Ballyhaunis on wpmullins.com:
    We also have Ballyhaunis (Paul) in this race. The good ground gives him a chance but we might be expecting a bit much of him in a race like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Anyone know whos the winning trainer after day one so far? I have a bet on WP Mullins for winner trainer of Chelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

anyone rate Dhaafer in the 4.40 Chock Thornton is on him, 14/1 trainer A.King

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Paul Nicholls writes this on his betfair tips page about his horse Aiteen Thirty Three - interesting stuff!

Time For Rupert is many people's banker of the meeting. Clearly a horse that finished second to Big Buck's in the World Hurdle last year (finishing 11 lengths clear of the third) and has won both his chase starts on this course, showing high-class chase form when beating Hell's Bay here in November, is worthy of the utmost respect.
    But don't underestimate my horse. It is clear that he is a different horse over fences to the one we saw struggle to find his feet over hurdles last season.
    Yes, many have questioned the merit the form of his two chase wins - pointing out that both races fell apart, with Timeform saying "his form hasn't much substance to it" - but any horse that that wins by 50 lengths in the manner he did at Newbury last time should not be dismissed lightly. I actually read recently that Aiteen doesn't jump well enough to win a Sun Alliance, which is probably the biggest load of nonsense you will have ever seen in print.
    Others' form may be more solid going into the race, but I am telling you something now - I wouldn't swap him for any horse, the favourite included. And I mean that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I have been realy looking forward to Time For Rupert in this race and he was gona be a max bet for me but there is niggling doubt in my mind after seeing that
    the last 47 winners of this race raced during the same calendar year.

PP have somersby at 7/2 without Bigzeb and MM.
    thats look good value to me anyone agree?

Its actually 1/4 odds 1st 3 so eachway would nearly cover your stake with 5th place potenially being enough for the place part.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Vain wrote: »
    Anyone know whos the winning trainer after day one so far? I have a bet on WP Mullins for winner trainer of Chelt.

Mullins on 2 winners, then 5 trainers on 1. Nicholls,Alan King,Phillip Hobbs, Ferdy Murphy and Henry De Bromhead.

eilo1 wrote: »
    Paul Nicholls writes this on his betfair tips page about his horse Aiteen Thirty Three - interesting stuff!

Time For Rupert is many people's banker of the meeting. Clearly a horse that finished second to Big Buck's in the World Hurdle last year (finishing 11 lengths clear of the third) and has won both his chase starts on this course, showing high-class chase form when beating Hell's Bay here in November, is worthy of the utmost respect.
    But don't underestimate my horse. It is clear that he is a different horse over fences to the one we saw struggle to find his feet over hurdles last season.
    Yes, many have questioned the merit the form of his two chase wins - pointing out that both races fell apart, with Timeform saying "his form hasn't much substance to it" - but any horse that that wins by 50 lengths in the manner he did at Newbury last time should not be dismissed lightly. I actually read recently that Aiteen doesn't jump well enough to win a Sun Alliance, which is probably the biggest load of nonsense you will have ever seen in print.
    Others' form may be more solid going into the race, but I am telling you something now - I wouldn't swap him for any horse, the favourite included. And I mean that.

Very interesting but it won't change my decision on the most likely winner. I'll just be more prepared to see him win. He is just an unquantifiable entity and at 8s is well short enough in that respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Finding it really hard to make decisions today!

So far Im thinking

Alfa Beat win arabella boy e/w

So young win first lieutenant e/w

For the RSA maybe a reverse forcast on rupert and thirty three

small bet on Woolcomb folly

Call the police

good luck every one!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭oppiuy

After yesterday i have gone

E2 euro win treble So young 2.05
    Time for rupert 2.40
    Aegan dawn 4.00

E1 ew acca
    Son sasta 11-1 1.30
    Rock on Ruby 7-1 2.05
    Wayward Prince 9-1 2.40
    For non stop 11-2 4.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Today i will be backing
    So Young
    Big Zeb
    Time For Rupert

42/1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Nulty wrote: »
    Donald McCain likes the horse a lot but he hasn't really been tested so far this season. He was a good hurdler - winner of a G2 over hurdles and at 3m1f so sure to stay the trip at a strong pace. His 3m chase form worked out on paper only because the horse he beat win his next race but only because the best horse in the race fell and died. Decent price about him but very hard to say one way or the other if its a good bet. Arguably he should be shorter than Wayward Prince because of his hurdling form and is probably relative value against that one.

Really competitive race if Time For Rupert is just a little bit "less good" than he appears to be.

Thanks Nulty, I like him as a decent each way chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Chicago Grey ew
    Time For Rupert
    Master Minded (on CCB at big rices)
    Call the Police (Arcalis ew)
    Cinders and Ashes ew

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I have been realy looking forward to Time For Rupert in this race and he was gona be a max bet for me but there is niggling doubt in my mind after seeing that
    the last 47 winners of this race raced during the same calendar year.

PP have somersby at 7/2 without Bigzeb and MM.
    thats look good value to me anyone agree?

Its actually 1/4 odds 1st 3 so eachway would nearly cover your stake with 5th place potenially being enough for the place part.

Really? The last 47? If so that's a negative against Time For Rupert. Sequences like that are there to be broken of course, but at the same time they usually exist for a reason.

Nicholls is keen on Aiteen Thirtythree alright but it's hard to know, he could be anything. He's beaten feck all so far and this is a fair step up in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭jimjackson

1-30 chicago grey win
    2.05 oscars well win
    2.40 mikael d'haguet win
    3.20 golden silver e/w
    4.00 Trenchant e/w
    4.40 tenor niverais win
    5.15 ericht win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Once more into the breach.......
    ...... and if it goes well, off to a beach....;)

NH Chase: Aberdale, Sona Sasta both e/w
    NIM Hurdle: Rock On Ruby
    RSA Chase: Wayward Prince
    QM: masterminded...has backed Sizing Europe in jan for this also
    Coral cup: Tiger O toole
    Fred Winter: Whitby Jack..backed few weeks ago @ 25/1..now into 11/1
    Bumper: Ericht

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Tough day this one so keeping it to very small stakes to have an interest

€2.50 e/w accum

Big zeb 3/1 : No reason why master minded should turn the tables, + hes a wexford horse! ;)
    1833 8/1 : Taking on time for rupert, Huge value here at 8/1
    For non stop 11/2 : Like the look of him
    Tornado bob 10/1 : Taking on so young, Think this horse is an improver and could surprise a few

€5 singles
    Tornado bob
    Raise the beat : Lad i used to go to school with is riding him so have to follow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Nicholls and Ruby have been talking Aiteen Thirtythree up at all the preview nights, they are clearly expecting big things. I can't believe Ruby has taken the ride.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

As previously said Byrnes has laid Alfa Beat out for the race. It looks like a horse that jumps from fence to fence and will keep going all day. The stable look to have the money down and as previously said Byrnes doesn't like leaving money behind him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Really? The last 47? If so that's a negative against Time For Rupert.

Nicholls is keen on Aiteen Thirtythree alright but it's hard to know, he could be anything. He's beaten feck all so far and this is a fair step up in class.

I read it on the punterslounge and they seem to be reliable.
    l could'nt belive it myself.
    As you say tho law of averages that stat is waiting to be broken .

Advertisement