Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHELTENHAM - DAY 2: Wednesday 16th March

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

dodzy wrote: »
    Bookies laughing today :mad:

im up 350 on my bookie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Had go all the way each way on betdaq.. didnt get paid out though, despite the rules on betdaq being 16 or more runners= 4 places paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

What's the deal with Davy Russell being banned for three days for being overweight. Can the result be resinded.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

No the result stands. They punish the jockey, not the horse and connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!

Using the same criteria as yesterday* (course form, a win this NH season, price), I'm not going near the bumper.

13.30 Chicago Grey win
    14.05 Rock on Ruby placed
    14.40 Wayard Prince placed
    15.20 Sizing Europe win (no recent win but has course/ground and made me few bob last year) betting criteria are there to be broken ;)
    16.00 Aegean Dawn lose
    16.40 Celtus lose

274560.00/1 :D

*subject to corrections

Another "okay" day, pity I can't have all the wins in one day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

Well done all those that got one over on the bookies today!!.I nailed my colours to the mast and went down in the first, had 1/2 my pot from yesterday and lumped on Alfa Beat.Fair play to Mcnamara for not giving an inch of ground away the whole way around!!!!.Now I"m not talking from my pocket,I only gamble what I can leave behind me,but is it just me that is being over critical on the way he rode this horse? Assume that the 4 mile distance is calculated on the shortest way round (The Rail) then it must be possible to work out the ACTUAL amount of extra ground that the horse covered by going widest of all for 3 1/2 miles.Any clever mathamaticians out there, I"d really love the answer to this question.MD WEXFORD, I"d appreciate if you did"nt take part in this , as , any time a Byrnes horse is mentioned it sends you off on a rant. Congratulations to Derek Oconnor and connections, for a great job on Chicago Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Did a couple of euro accums today

and my only main bet had €2 e/w on carlito brigante just in from work found out he won! Is that 50 back? Can't make bookies till Friday

Also I did a reverse tricast in a race and I'm really unlucky had sizing europe who won big zeb who was 2nd and master minded who came 4th only had a euro on it anyone know what the returns would have been?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Sizing Europe saved my bacon big time today. I was the only one roaring for him...everyone else willing Big Zeb on. Ahhhhhhh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

madma wrote: »
    Did a couple of euro accums today

and my only main bet had €2 e/w on carlito brigante just in from work found out he won! Is that 50 back? Can't make bookies till Friday

Also I did a reverse tricast in a race and I'm really unlucky had sizing europe who won big zeb who was 2nd and master minded who came 4th only had a euro on it anyone know what the returns would have been?? :(

€44 back from CB ( nice one )

And as for the tricast, impossible to calculate accurately before hand but as a general rule of thumb, multiply out the prices ( not including your stake ) and that should give you a rough indication. So i'd say had MM got 3rd spot, you'd be looking at approx 90/1 for the TC.

FYI, it paid 430 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bookies laughing today :mad:

my bookie was laughing today but they won't be laughing tomorrow
    when my quevega bucks double comes in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

€44 back from CB ( nice one )

And as for the tricast, impossible to calculate accurately before hand but as a general rule of thumb, multiply out the prices ( not including your stake ) and that should give you a rough indication. So i'd say had MM got 3rd spot, you'd be looking at approx 90/1 for the TC.

FYI, it paid 430 ;)

so 90/1?...

Please tell me u don't mean it paid 430 from a euro bet sickner!

thought i was seeing things there with master minded
    did i miss it flying up the straight after nearly coming a cropper.
    it finished 8th

so 90/1?...

Please tell me u don't mean it paid 430 from a euro bet sickner!

thats it exactly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mossym wrote: »
    my e/w was solix, who managed 5th.

so i had two winners + solix(placed 5th) in a lucky 15 e/w...unfortunately bramburys were only paying 5th for solix on single bets, so it wasn't included on my lucky 15...sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

HigginsJ wrote: »
    National Hunt Chase - Chicago Grey e/w
    Neptune Investments- First Lieutenant(antepost think ground against him)
    Oscars Wells e/w
    RSA Chase - Wymott e/w
    Champion Chase - Sizing Europe e/w
    Coral Cup - For Non Stop (nap)
    Fred Winter - Whitby Jack

Dont think will back the a horse in the race but
    Bumper - Divine Rhapsody

Another good day overall, pity for non stop fell as he would have finished a place and would have made small profit on him. Roll on Friday and my 4 ante post bets in the Triumph!! Small wagers tomorrow but nothing confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    What's the deal with Davy Russell being banned for three days for being overweight. Can the result be resinded.?

Big Fat Davy Russell as he is now known by fellow Jocks................ lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    Big Fat Davy Russell as he is now known by fellow Jocks................ lol
    He's also known for falling asleep in some crazy places. Heard an interview with him once and he said he dozed off on a horse one day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

A First Lieutenant called Carlito who's over for the Chelten-ian Festival after flying from Boston to size up Europe before flying home to Chicago will be waking up this morning thinking What a Charming life:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Patsy fyre wrote: »

The result is only resinded if he weighs in underweight.

Advertisement