Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Shift 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

you need 200,000 xp total to get to lvl 20, it states that in game after that there no mention of further levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone else have problems hearing other people talking when in online races? It's like all the sound effects are way too high but there is no way to adjust chat volume

the online community of this game is brutal they might as well be playing destruction derby, its a defo trade in for me. Brutal

tonydude wrote: »
    the online community of this game is brutal they might as well be playing destruction derby, its a defo trade in for me. Brutal

I find it too be the same in all racing games, ya defo need a clan to have fun.
    Loving the autolog, last time I looked I still had the region best for Brands Hatch Indy and Autopolis Lakeside on Ps3:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm leveling up fair quick and I'm only doing ok in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Levelling really slows down pass 10 btw.

Can anyone give me some tips on drifting? As I tried and failed completely, someone mentioned switching to manual helps?

I hope my steering wheel be in gamestop tomorrow :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Levelling really slows down pass 10 btw.

Can anyone give me some tips on drifting? As I tried and failed completely, someone mentioned switching to manual helps?

I hope my steering wheel be in gamestop tomorrow :(

Dont bother with the drifting mate, its totally fcuked up,explained well in this video.

http://www.racedepartment.com/content/1183-need-for-speed-shift-2-unleashed-member-video-review.html

As a veteran sim racer im actually enjoying shift once i got a decent config for my G25, out of the box its pathetic but thanks to community mods i now have minimized the input lag and the general skatey handling to some degree,its far from perfect but a lot better than out of the box.

Graphics are superb on pc , a little too shiney for my liking but again thanks to a mod that removes all the bling effects its a lot better looking now.
    Sounds are probably the best ive come across in any sim/game.
    Physics are not bad but lag well behind the usual big hitters of the pc sim world but then again i wasnt looking for state of the art physics in shift 2.
    Shift 2 to me is something to play as a break from full on sim racing but not a full on arcade racer either.
    Its a nice balance between the two which is what i was hoping for.
    Its not all roses though, i really dislike the fact i cannot practice,qualify in a race, i mean the "quick race" option which i use more than the career.
    I like setting race distance,car class,track etc but sorely miss the non inclusion of practice and qualifying.

Career mode is alright i suppose but i cannot stand the cheesy videos and driver bull talk.

Multiplayer like any game i wouldnt touch with a bargepole as more often than not its a crashfest.
    I prefer to do my online racing in an organized manner like iracing or in a league.
    Overall its a very enjoyable racing game thats sits nicely between simulation and arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

Have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the steering on this game at the start. Seemed exaggerated or too sensitive at first so I went onto the advanced controls section. But there were no explanations of what each setting did. Fair enough most of them are self explanatory but even a little guidance would have saved a lot of time. Finally got it right now and the cars steer perfect for me. Here's something that might help some of you to adjust your advanced control preferences to your liking:

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/guide-shift-settings

Hope it helps. It did for me...

Traded this in tonight, i paid €44.99 last saturday in smiths with my loyality card ( RRP €49.99 ) and i got €44.99 credit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm finally gonna get to play this game!! Just won it in a comp on the Irish site clickonline.com. Beaming! If PSN ever comes back up, I might even see some of ye online!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC version has been patched to sort out the wheel lag issues and other online mishaps

I still love it.

Great game with good modes, but damn drifting is horrible. Its suppost to be way better with wheel, but xbox has jack****....

Update: havent played it for awile, jumped it now and had such a blast!

Or the car I use now got better or my skill become way better! My trusty merc crossworth is amazing!

Love autolog! Got 5 lads playing so competition is prety fierce! Got few of the records beaten hehe!

Any of ye on PS3? I was looking up the control settings to tweak for better control. Will be using a joypad on this, can't wait to get stuck in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Is there a real gt mod for shift 2?
    Would the original mod work in this game?
    If no, whats a good handling mod for this game? (or do i need to keep waiting?)
    I'm guessing the vanilla handling isn't fantastic?

Thanks

This arrived in the post today (thanks again Click!). 1st thoughts, it's so refreshing to play a driving game where i'm not winning every race. In fact, only won 1 of my 1st 5 races :o I'll have to mess around with the settings but seriously enjoying it so far. Picked the Golf but don't have a clue what to upgrade on it 1st! I never play 1st person in driving games but it feels so rewarding to do so in this, although i'm not using helmet cam, thats a bit mental and I can't seem to time the corners right with it.

So any tips for a noob? .What assists should I turn off/on (i'm playing it on normal, not the most experienced SIM driver) What are the best upgrades? Car choices?

Feel free to add me when PSN is back up for some autolog times - sheehy83

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Go straight for no assists. You'll be thrashing everyone by the time PSN comes back online :pac:

Was thinking about trying that cuz I was coming up to a fast corner and my car started braking before I even pressed brake, noticed after the race, this assist was one. I mean you might as well sit back and watch the car drive itself around the track!

Tips for newb: use helmet cam. After I got used to it, I can't play forza 3... ;)

Get yourself rwd yoke and turn off everything, but keep very low traction control. If you will learn handle rwd yoke in shift 2, then you will be raping all!

Btw I recommend getting Elise. You can win it in one event, upgrade all handling bits and have fun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm a few races into this today, and i'm impressed. Didn't like the first one, something about it didn;t appeal, but so far this seems alot better. just wish i had a G25/27... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Tips for newb: use helmet cam

this, this, a thousand times this.

complete game changer for me

Btw I recommend getting Elise. You can win it in one event, upgrade all handling bits and have fun ;)

I must be doing something wrong man cuz i'm on that Elise race now and finding it awful to use, just want my Golf back! The slightest tilt of the analogue stick sends the elise jerking from side to side. Can't wait to finish this race to sell it!

I tried helmet cam as well and I just can't make the turns with it, very strange. Also, when I push the left analogue stick to left or right to make a turn, there is like a lag between me pusing the stick and the ingame hands on the steering wheel turning making me having to attempt a turn sooner. Is this normal or are there settings to tweek for this?

Damned my arcade racer experience!

Great game tho!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I must be doing something wrong man cuz i'm on that Elise race now and finding it awful to use, just want my Golf back! The slightest tilt of the analogue stick sends the elise jerking from side to side. Can't wait to finish this race to sell it!

I tried helmet cam as well and I just can't make the turns with it, very strange. Also, when I push the left analogue stick to left or right to make a turn, there is like a lag between me pusing the stick and the ingame hands on the steering wheel turning making me having to attempt a turn sooner. Is this normal or are there settings to tweek for this?

Damned my arcade racer experience!

Great game tho!

You are doing it wrong lad ;).

Elise is awesome. It can take turns like a champ. I am taking over ather cars on bends on outside of the corner fully flooring it and sideways! It's like shopping cart with rocket on the arse! Just get used to it, as golf is not so sensitive and good for cornering. If you will learn to handle Elise, then any ather car will be just a piss to get used to. I jumped from Elise on merc cosworth now, anather great great car, but I miss agility Elise was offering.

Okay, I won the Elise and upgraded the handling. Car is C class almost 900. Would I be right saying that if I upgrade it past 999 it turns into a B class? The steering sensitivity was 20, changed this to 35 and found a huge difference. Car is still a little too light for my liking but i'm not forking out for another one!

Whats up with not being able to spin the cars around in your garage to get a proper look?

Also, game just froze and had to hard reset the PS3 (hate doing that!) hope it was a once off!

Would love to play this with a steering wheel! And lastly, RAAAAAAAGE and a crash in front of you completely takes you out but what a feeling in 1st person looking for a way through it and next thing you know, you're spinning off the track in a black and white blur, class!

Would love to play this with a steering wheel!

Ya really don't, the game is dreadful and frustrating with a wheel. Laggy as fook

Okay, I won the Elise and upgraded the handling. Car is C class almost 900. Would I be right saying that if I upgrade it past 999 it turns into a B class? The steering sensitivity was 20, changed this to 35 and found a huge difference. Car is still a little too light for my liking but i'm not forking out for another one!

Whats up with not being able to spin the cars around in your garage to get a proper look?

Also, game just froze and had to hard reset the PS3 (hate doing that!) hope it was a once off!

Would love to play this with a steering wheel! And lastly, RAAAAAAAGE and a crash in front of you completely takes you out but what a feeling in 1st person looking for a way through it and next thing you know, you're spinning off the track in a black and white blur, class!

Get all handling mods possible. They usually dont add much on performance index. Then get best tyres, then lighten her as much as possible. You will be shocked at what speed you will be taking corners.

It's great game, but I hate drifting in video games... Shift 2 is not is in same bracket. I just skipped all drifting events...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Try using these settings that were posted over in the shift 2 thread on rllmuk sheehy83.
    Counter-intuitive vs. Shift 1, but try the below and see if it makes a difference. I have tested extensively in both race and drift modes and can absolutely say the game just works for me now!

Feedback appreciated.

ZeroG Optimized XBOX 360 Controller Settings
    Steering Dead Zone: 3 <-- Key Change
    Accelerator Dead Zone: 5
    Brake Dead Zone: 5
    Steering Sensitivity: 50 <-- MOST CRITICAL CHANGE
    Acceleration Sensitivity: 50
    Braking Sensitivity: 50
    Speed Steering Sensitivity: 100

I play with all assists off and the elite driving mode
    They made a massive difference for me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Beekay wrote: »
    Ya really don't, the game is dreadful and frustrating with a wheel. Laggy as fook

What wheel have you got?
    Since the patch there is no lag at all, previous to that it was terrible.
    If you can get your hands on a wheel you owe it to yourself to do so.
    Wheel V pad is a no brainer.

phant0m wrote: »
    Try using these settings that were posted over in the shift 2 thread on rllmuk sheehy83.

They made a massive difference for me :)

Thanks man, are those settings for a joypad as well? Will def try those next time i'm playing! Finding it hard to get a great launch off the line as well, I know I have to rev to where the gear change goes green. I was using R2 to accelerate but hate that in driving games and changed it to X. Might go back to it now tho!

• Advertisement

Gonna get stuck into this in a while! I've been looking up and apparently you can get a Dodge Viper GTS (my fave car) twin turbo in the DLC? Then other people said its already in the game. Can anyone clear this up for me please? Much prefer it to the SRT10.

Advertisement