Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBG City Center

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bidanged

Savage! Can I switch my membership from Long Mile to town easily enough? Ive been cycling up and my bike got stolen at the weekend this is perfect for me I live in the middle of town

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

That Gorilla class on Friday looks awesome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pronoiaparty

Excellent times paired with an excellent location, this can not open soon enough.:) I was just wondering are all of those classes open to beginners?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

Bidanged wrote: »
    Can I switch my membership from Long Mile to town easily enough?

yes, talk to ann :)

i cannot stress enough all these classes are suitable for beginners. big misconception is i only train fighters, they are a very small % of the guys in SBG. beginners, out of shape etc etc all welcome down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bidanged

Brilliant thanks John see you on Monday!

I only joined SBG a couple of months ago had trained in a couple of clubs for short periods over the years but never stuck with it as to be honest I was muck at it ha ha but I find the way they teach there is great and makes it alot easier to pick it up, everyone that trains there is sound and more than willing to help you out of you have any questions anyone thinking bout taking a class get down you would be suprised how addictive it is

• Advertisement

that tenners in the post haha :D

also...Arek Sternalski who will be teaching the bjj there just won silver at the Polish Open No Gi Championships at brown belt level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Will there be any cool stuff on monday for the opening? Black-tie event with a red carpet? haha.

New SBG opening on the day I finally turn 18, pretty damn cool! :D

we will have an 'official' opening/ribbon cutting in a few weeks and there'll be some pretty big names there for that ;)

...besides i timed it to coincide with your 18th...whadda ya want cooler than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i look forward to training there :)

got the sign up and the mats down today...so looking good for monday opening :) (thanks again for the help lads!)

gym opens and first class 5pm on monday...dont forget first week is 'free training' so drop in and have a nosey :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

got the sign up and the mats down today...so looking good for monday opening :) (thanks again for the help lads!)

gym opens and first class 5pm on monday...dont forget first week is 'free training' so drop in and have a nosey :)

Will the weights area remain?

no, the 'weights' are was a dangerous joke. dividing wall gone and now just one big training area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Now now.... respect to the old school weights area... used to use that rickety old bench without a spotter .... fun times... I can't imagine the dividing wall gone and a much bigger mat... Hope the disturbing quantity of mirrors remains .... it was like feckin enter the dragon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Is the BJJ a 2 hour class on Tuesday or is it turn up anytime in between 12 and 2 to roll? I've only got an hour on my lunch unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

hi was just wondering if there was shower facilities ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deodub

Dathai wrote: »
    Is the BJJ a 2 hour class on Tuesday or is it turn up anytime in between 12 and 2 to roll? I've only got an hour on my lunch unfortunately.

Yeah I'm in the same boat...would I be able to turn up at half 12 and leave at half 1?

Thanks

yes you can turn up and leave as suits :)

yes there is showers

yes i've a load of lastminute.com jobs to do for the 5pm opening...:eek:

Epic. You've got yourself a customer!

Catch you tomorrow. Good luck with this btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deodub

yes there is showers

Nice one, I'll be there tomorrow.

Good luck with everything!!!

ha i walked by there last night at like twelve the lights wore on wore u guys in there ?:0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

yes there is showers

Any info on the pricing structure, monthly, weekly?, per class etc

That's all been finalized but unlike sbg longmile there will be a pay per class option

Don't forget first week opening is completely free so come down and try it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bagels90

dave80 wrote: »
    Any info on the pricing structure, monthly, weekly?, per class etc

i would also like to know this. is it the same as longmile or is it different? when you say offers for students is that on pay as you go or monthly?? great to see sbg expanding and really great coaches available here

Over 20 people on the mat for our first ever class :)

Pricing will be all finalized this week....just get down and train as much as u can this week as training is free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

Had a quick look this evening. Weird I thought, John Kavanagh is training in Brendan O'Toole's old TKD venue at Exchequer St while Brendan is now training at John's old BJJ venue in Harold's Cross......Anyway, excellent facility, JK and SBG go from strength to strenth.

was wondering wat the craic was with the pay as you go student prices ?:)

over 50 people showed up for day 1 :D

looking forward to seeing more tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Great to hear! Sickened I'm working today and tomorrow :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Did the lunch time BJJ class today... great set up... Good mat and thick padded Walls for clinch and wrestling ... Loadsa room... Found out how unfit I was quick enough....Didn't matter tho... good craic

• Advertisement

Feeling it today. Deadly craic. Definitely an impressive set up down there and with the added location it's bound to do well.

Advertisement