Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zuffa purchases Strikeforce

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

I dont understand why people think the UFC are out to rip off the fighters, a lot of the time they hand additional bonuses to reward the fighters, in the first Shogun v Machida fight, UFC paid Shogun a winners bonus as well as paying it to machida, and thats not an isolated incident either. There is no real adavantage to the UFC paying shogun €125k just cause they felt he won the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

pauldoo wrote: »
    I dont understand why people think the UFC are out to rip off the fighters, a lot of the time they hand additional bonuses to reward the fighters, in the first Shogun v Machida fight, UFC paid Shogun a winners bonus as well as paying it to machida, and thats not an isolated incident either. There is no real adavantage to the UFC paying shogun €125k just cause they felt he won the fight

Yeah man people in boxing gripe cus there's too many organisations.

People in MMA complain becuase there's only one big organisation.

People complain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    Allegedly???
    :pac:

Well he denied it even though he was done, and I wouldn't want an infraction for fighter bashing!

pauldoo wrote:
    UFC paid Shogun a winners bonus as well as paying it to machida, and thats not an isolated incident either.

They paid Nam Phan and Riki Fukuda too after they got screwed by the judges against Leonard Garcia and Nick Ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Well he denied it even though he was done, and I wouldn't want an infraction for fighter bashing!
    it's fighter bashing to come out as say "phil G is defo takign steriods, no way he got that big without them)

Barnett tested positive 3 separate occasions.
    So its not really an allegation, or a rumour. It's fact.
    Doubt he'll be in the UFC again given he can't get a license

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Remember when Dana let the fans decide Fight of the Night and all the Canadian GSP Nut Huggers chose GSP V Kos, Dana was so disgusted he paid out the FotN bonus to the one that deserved it (can't remember off hand what it was ) and vowed never to leave it in the hands of the fans again.

Would other org's do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scudzilla wrote: »
    Remember when Dana let the fans decide Fight of the Night and all the Canadian GSP Nut Huggers chose GSP V Kos, Dana was so disgusted he paid out the FotN bonus to the one that deserved it (can't remember off hand what it was ) and vowed never to leave it in the hands of the fans again.

off the top of my head if was the canadian guy on the undercard
    Pierson I think

Mellor wrote: »
    it's fighter bashing to come out as say "phil G is defo takign steriods, no way he got that big without them

Well I am quite big, but the popping burgers type, not popping steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

I dont know a lot about steroids, but i know that youd want to be pretty naive to think that nobody is taking them.

Its 2011, any professional sports team or person who cares about winning will want to be taking something.

The way i understand it is if you test positive, youre not stupid for taking steroids, youre stupid for getting caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Chris89 wrote: »
    I dont know a lot about steroids, but i know that youd want to be pretty naive to think that nobody is taking them.

Its 2011, any professional sports team or person who cares about winning will want to be taking something.

The way i understand it is if you test positive, youre not stupid for taking steroids, youre stupid for getting caught.

As Tito says if you're not cheating you're not trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

scudzilla wrote: »

Pierson and Riddle. He shouldn't have tried it for an event GSP was in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

I highly doubt Roger Gracie will ever fight in the UFC, he loves BJJ too much imo and wouldn't give up the mundials, euros, etc for them.. Jacare maybe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I highly doubt Roger Gracie will ever fight in the UFC, he loves BJJ too much imo and wouldn't give up the mundials, euros, etc for them.. Jacare maybe though.

And with a record like his will surely be immediately installed as No.1 contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I hope we see Jacare and Maia fight at some stage. I will get excited when that fight hits the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Advertisement