Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Ah Shaz, sorry to hear that! I bet you just want to choke that chicken now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

shazkea wrote: »

That ripping sound is the echo of another plan biting the dust...

Pheew, the air should be clearer than when I normally hear a ripping sound coming from you;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Pheew, the air should be clearer than when I normally hear a ripping sound coming from you;)

I really want a witty comeback for this but haven't got the brainpower or energy for it at the moment :mad: :mad:...

Thanks for the good wishes folks...def taking alot more out of me than I originally thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I cannot believe you're out of action again. What is going on?
    Hang on in there. You could of course use this house bound time to make supporter banners for dcm!
    Seriously though hope you're feeling better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Really hope you are feeling better shaz. Mind yourself :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    I cannot believe you're out of action again. What is going on?
    Hang on in there. You could of course use this house bound time to make supporter banners for dcm!
    Seriously though hope you're feeling better soon.

I would but I've no pink markers in the house for yours :D...such a shame

boredom/stuck in house + credit card + laptop = very poor Shaz

Just bought a turbo trainer as my time surfing has indicated a crappy winter on the way for us...

I think you're confusing me with digger. Any colour will do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Any colour will do me!

She's easy! (with regard to colour :o)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thought I'd already commented on this, sorry to hear you're out of action again. Be careful with them, sucks to get it as an adult and you don't want to expose yourself to shingles now either so take it easy.

I think you're confusing me with digger. Any colour will do me!

Ah well in that case, I'm sure I can rustle something up for you :cool:...where did I put that glitter...
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    She's easy! (with regard to colour :o)

Thanks for that clarification ;)

Thought I'd already commented on this, sorry to hear you're out of action again. Be careful with them, sucks to get it as an adult and you don't want to expose yourself to shingles now either so take it easy.

Yup will do, still on house arrest for another few days so nothing too hectic for me. It'll be a very easy return to exercise for me after next week.

Finally back at work after 2 weeks of misery so that means a return to normality :D

I'll be honest and say these chicky pox were an KO and my lungs are in bits after them. On my first venture out for a walk mid last week, I couldn't even make a mile with a slooowww stroll and had to come home for a nap after it :eek:. So I realised this is going to be a slow return to fitness.

Gradually got the walking time up and decided to try a run this eve. It was soooo slow but it felt brilliant to be out and about jogging again. Frigging 6 degrees out though so the lungs got some shock with a cold sea breeze :)

Lungs are on fire after but I'd rather them on fire from a jog in the fresh outdoors than sitting on my ass watching tv.

All I need now is an injury/virus free few months and I'm back on track...

Plan: None!
    Actual: 2.03
    Time: 21:00
    Avg Pace: 10:21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Well done, welcome back. Don't overdo the cold air thing, though - easy to knock yourself out. Ease back into it - there's no mad rush. It's not like the weather's going to improve or anything....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Delighted you are back out there shaz! Take it easy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Frigging 6 degrees out though so the lungs got some shock with a cold sea breeze :)

It sure was baltic out especially when it got dark. Especially in t-shirt and shorts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

pistol_75 wrote: »
    It sure was baltic out especially when it got dark. Especially in t-shirt and shorts :eek:

THAT was you :eek:;)

Nules10 wrote: »
    THAT was you :eek:;)

Haha. It was grand starting off but about 2 hours later anyone I was passing out walking had about 3 layers of clothing on them.

Time to get my gay ninja tights and tops out of mothballs!:eek:

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »

Someone took some HTFU pills before they ventured out! Good stuff!
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    Time to get my gay ninja tights and tops out of mothballs!:eek:

See post above!!

You've just reminded me of one of the downsides to winter running...men in tights...ah my eyes :eek::eek:

You've just reminded me of one of the downsides to winter running...men in tights...ah my eyes :eek::eek:

I rock that look! ;)

Except when it's really cold and I can't take a drink because of the 3 Adam's apples :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Finally back at work after 2 weeks of misery so that means a return to normality :D

I'll be honest and say these chicky pox were an KO and my lungs are in bits after them. On my first venture out for a walk mid last week, I couldn't even make a mile with a slooowww stroll and had to come home for a nap after it :eek:. So I realised this is going to be a slow return to fitness.

Gradually got the walking time up and decided to try a run this eve. It was soooo slow but it felt brilliant to be out and about jogging again. Frigging 6 degrees out though so the lungs got some shock with a cold sea breeze :)

Lungs are on fire after but I'd rather them on fire from a jog in the fresh outdoors than sitting on my ass watching tv.

All I need now is an injury/virus free few months and I'm back on track...

Plan: None!
    Time: 21:00
    Avg Pace: 10:21

Just catching up. Chicken pox :eek:. As an adult that no joke.
    Good to see you back on the road. You're due a bit of good luck at this stage. Take it easy and don't push it.

Tuesday Oct 18th

Rest day :rolleyes:. See I am being sensible!

Wednesday Oct 19th

A beautiful evening for a run and I even took my luminous orange waterford half hat out for its first winter outing. Bloody roasting in it but my ears were toasty :D
    Another easy jog this evening with plenty of stretching afterwards...that was interesting as legs were pretty inflexible after 3 weeks of practically doing nothing. They felt great afterwards. Lungs still huffy but a noticeable improvement.

Plan: 2 Miles
    Time: 20:49
    Avg Pace: 10:15

Current plan is to slowly build up the mileage with a view to doing a 5km or 10km in December. No rush though, just enjoying being back out.

pgmcpq wrote: »
    Just catching up. Chicken pox :eek:. As an adult that no joke.
    Good to see you back on the road. You're due a bit of good luck at this stage. Take it easy and don't push it.

Cheers, everything crossed for some luck (and common sense!).

Are you still on the injury bench or are you back running?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Tuesday Oct 18th

Wednesday Oct 19th

A beautiful evening for a run and I even took my luminous orange waterford half hat out for its first winter outing. Bloody roasting in it but my ears were toasty :D
    Another easy jog this evening with plenty of stretching afterwards...that was interesting as legs were pretty inflexible after 3 weeks of practically doing nothing. They felt great afterwards. Lungs still huffy but a noticeable improvement.

Current plan is to slowly build up the mileage with a view to doing a 5km or 10km in December. No rush though, just enjoying being back out.

All that sitting around ya think ya would have done some pilates moves or stretching ;) and reaching for the chocolate doesn't count :D
    Good to see you back though.... take it easy missus

Tuesday Oct 18th

Wednesday Oct 19th

That's funny, I dug out all my winter running gear and top of the pile was the Waterford half hat. Mine is stripey, didn't realise there were orange ones on offer. I thought mine was bad!

That's funny, I dug out all my winter running gear and top of the pile was the Waterford half hat. Mine is stripey, didn't realise there were orange ones on offer. I thought mine was bad!

Aye its an Orange high-viz beanie...much cooler than the stripey court jestor one :cool:. You can pick that one up this year (as well as my cookie)

Good to hear your back in action. Any chocolate left?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Aye its an Orange high-viz beanie...much cooler than the stripey court jestor one :cool:. You can pick that one up this year (as well as my cookie)

Well that will all depend on how big and luminous your sign made especially for me will be at dcm!

Advertisement