Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I'll forgive you so for Not showing up on Saturday.
    You're allowed to be sick I guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Emer911 wrote: »
    You are such a man!

How do you know? :P

I didn't say not to rest, just to do whatever's necessary to blitz the infection. Eye of newt and all that Mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

jcsmum wrote: »

?????:D hmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    ?????:D hmmmmm

Eh thanks for the benefit of the doubt there K, but sat morn was def a self inflicted illness...:(.
    Anyway sure it's not as if I would have seen the pair of you anyway judging by the last attempt so I opted to watch 30 men running around a field instead :D

Emer911 wrote: »
    You are such a man!

...never mind him Shaz. Take it easy and listen to your body! Take time off if you need it. listen to mammy now! :rolleyes:

Lol, unfortunately I usually do the opposite of what my mammy tells me...I did take a week off last week, does that count :)
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    How do you know? :P

I didn't say not to rest, just to do whatever's necessary to blitz the infection. Eye of newt and all that Mammy!

Have stocked up on your previous recommendation so I'll report back to you in a few weeks. No pressure but it better do the trick ;)

• Advertisement

While since I logged but nothing much to report. I have been doing a few runs (~3 milers) and gym sessions but kind of lacking focus and motivation. Plan (yes another one :rolleyes:) is in the works so hopefully that will kick-start me again.

Generally decided against any more goal races this year i.e. Waterford HM and will focus on building up for next year. I have a few ones in mind that I would like to attempt but I like HMs so I think a few of those will be targeted. Gutted I'll miss those rocky roads and cookies in Waterford though frown.gif - may have to be factored in as a training run!!

Any race/strategy suggestions appreciated!

shazkea wrote: »

Yeah i have one, stop leading me astray and insisting i go for icecream with you and get your ass out the door and run :D

Yeah i have one, stop leading me astray and insisting i go for icecream with you and get your ass out the door and run :D

Well I wanted to go for a run to work it off but with your gammy leg we couldn't...not even a flipping walk :p

I'd have a few shorter races in the interim to keep you focused, next year is a big abyss to be staring into and it would be very easy to lose motivation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Maybe look at some 10K race this side of Christmas to keep your mind on something for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

HI shaz, glad you're planning and re focusing again. I might save you a water ford cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Enjoy some pain free running shaz, plenty of time for goal races in 2012. A training run in Waterford around 10th Dec sounds like a great idea ;)

I'd have a few shorter races in the interim to keep you focused, next year is a big abyss to be staring into and it would be very easy to lose motivation.
    pistol_75 wrote: »
    Maybe look at some 10K race this side of Christmas to keep your mind on something for the moment.

I agree races are a great motivating factor but this is usually where wheels fall off for me. I sign up for something, run it and usually pick up some injury. So my thinking was if I took some time out from this I would take the pressure off myself and just run! You're right in saying thats prob not a good strategy though because I will loose motivation.

I'd love to aim for a good 5 mile time but nothing that distance around till Raheny I think. Aware 10km is really only other option if it doesn't get cancelled!
    HI shaz, glad you're planning and re focusing again. I might save you a water ford cookie.

:D might being the operative word there...I won't hold my breath so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

joinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclubjoinaclub

^ Down with this sort of thing!

:D
    but seriously - it would help establish a running routine, and be more fun than running on your own with no goal race to think of.

RayCun wrote: »
    :D
    but seriously - it would help establish a running routine, and be more fun than running on your own with no goal race to think of.

She doesn't have to run on her own, she has us!!! :P

She doesn't have to run on her own, she has us!!! :P
    and i am helping her with her nutrition :)

So I should join a club then Ray, anyone in particular :)

I thought about it but wouldn't want to abandon my fellow boardsies...that and the fact there's none nearby for slow coaches like me. Raheny would prob be the closest on the good ould north side I think

and i am helping her with her nutrition :)

and you're doing such a great job too..like feeding ice-cream to a lastose intolerant :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I thought about it but wouldn't want to abandon my fellow boardsies...that and the fact there's none nearby for slow coaches like me. Raheny would prob be the closest on the good ould north side I think

You could set up your own club. Myself and Nules might join and you'd probably recruit a few more with your kern crawling ;-€

Knocklyon might be a bit of a trek :)

I'm sure Raheny has a good mix of standards - they seem to be a pretty big club, from the crowds at the Raheny 5. You could still hang out with internet weirdos on the weekends, but a club session would help you drag yourself out of the house midweek. (Plus you'd get to meet the famous christeb :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I used to run past their sessions a lot. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm I think down beside the causeway over to Bull Island on the grass. There were loads of groups of different standards and well over 100 at the session. This was the middle of January now (before the Raheny 5) but there was always a good crowd there. If i were to move back to Dublin at any stage they would be the first club i'd go to for sure.

So I've got my explanation for a fading immune system over the last few weeks. I've got Chicken Pox...absolutely nuts!

One week complete rest plus I'm housebound and then no exercise for at least a further week after that. I'm going to go off my rocker next week stuck in this house.

That ripping sound is the echo of another plan biting the dust...

One thing I will be doing is rooting out the f**ker who gave this to me :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Feck, look after yourself! :eek:

I'm starting to think that something out there really hates the women who post here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Chicken pox?!? :eek:
    Bummer

Get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah jeez Shaz, that's crap. Sorry to hear about the chicky pops (as my 5 yr old calls them) Hope you feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

God Shaz that's terrible you poor thing. I second RK - are we all jinxed? Mind yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Ah no shaz :( what a bummer and a horrible dose too. My kids and husband had it a while back. Husband was waaayyy sicker than the kids. One week pretty much in bed and another week where he was back at work but probably shouldnt' have been... so do take it easy, not something you can rush. No point trying to figure out where you got it... it's highly contagious, 5 minutes in the general vicinity of a child that doesn't even have symptoms yet would probably do it!

• Advertisement

One thing I will be doing is rooting out the f**ker who gave this to me :mad::mad:

Sorry to hear that Shaz, just be careful who's air you breath in future!
    I'm starting to think that something out there really hates the women who post here...

Paranoid much? Seriously though, 2012 is your year!

Advertisement