Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Tunnel cash only....wtf!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

zuroph wrote: »
    the queue would only be a problem if they don't use the correct technology. Card scanning is much quicker on the continent, and they can take an imprint of the card in a second, then charge it later.

Like in the city centre car park off thomas street. I was very suspicious of that machine. Put in you card. Wait a sec. You've paid. No pin request.

While I'm here, i'll rant about the twats who can't use the express lane of the toll.

Drive at 50 km per hour. Your tag will read. Going slower will not help.

If someone is going slower, don't fecking stop in the express lane to allow yourself a clear run at it. The clue is in the name! Express!

Don't tailgate. You fcuk it up for you and the guy you're tailgating.

People whose windscreens get smashed. Next time please wait til I have my dash cam on, and make sure I am not drinking coffee at the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

MarkR wrote: »
    Like in the city centre car park off thomas street. I was very suspicious of that machine. Put in you card. Wait a sec. You've paid. No pin request.

While I'm here, i'll rant about the twats who can't use the express lane of the toll.

Drive at 50 km per hour. Your tag will read. Going slower will not help.

If someone is going slower, don't fecking stop in the express lane to allow yourself a clear run at it. The clue is in the name! Express!

Don't tailgate. You fcuk it up for you and the guy you're tailgating.

People whose windscreens get smashed. Next time please wait til I have my dash cam on, and make sure I am not drinking coffee at the time. :)

To be fair the express lane is the worst in the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Wanting to use a card for a toll booth is completely impractical. Imagine the queues if even 20% of drivers used their card to pay the toll.

If you're planning on using the toll booth, you should be aware that you're going to need cash. As Clareman put it over 18 months ago:

Most toll booths in the country accept card payments... It's like the car park machines, card-in-card-out-done!

Was using the Portlaoise toll booth the other day, worked flawlessly both times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Wanting to use a card for a toll booth is completely impractical. Imagine the queues if even 20% of drivers used their card to pay the toll.

If you're planning on using the toll booth, you should be aware that you're going to need cash. As Clareman put it over 18 months ago:
    The other toll booths around the country have the option to pay by card to why not pay by card on the tunnel. It takes very little time to pay by card, put it in and it pops out 3 seconds later so that's not an excuse!

Considering everywhere else accepts cards how should you be "aware" you are going to need cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Stopped using the express lane at any motorway toll booth because of the a$$holes zooming up behind me to get through the toll on my tab. Bad enough it costs me €3.30 even though I don't use my little van for commercial purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you are paying - dont forget your change!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Mc Love wrote: »
    If you are paying - dont forget your change!

Shhhhhhh

Advertisement