Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemarathon 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

The Connemarathon Website states:

How come there are no buses from Galway City :confused: Am I missing something?

Busses leave from the Cathedral
    http://www.connemarathon.com/bus-times-connemarathon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Very best of luck to all. The weather is looking good with 10'C and a nice gentle breeze to push you to the finishing line. No walking on the hills! No surrender!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Boyler1971

Best of luck to all on Sunday.Have done the last three Fulls and two halfs but was talked into doing Paris this year.Weather is looking promising and hopefully not as hot as last year.Enjoy the first half and Run The Second!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I might still opt out of Paris and beg Ray for a Number.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Good luck everyone, have a great run (or walk!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Thanks for all the bigging-up, folks! Great to have the support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

brownian wrote: »
    Thanks for all the bigging-up, folks! Great to have the support.

+1

Cheers lads. Hopefully we'll be back with good news next week...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

There's a thread here with some good input on what to eat over the next few days.

Lots of water and not going hungry, plus no savage gorge-fest on the night before seems to be the consensus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Boys and girls in the zone of tapering, best of luck to ye all over in the West on Sunday, be it the half, full or the mad folk doing the ultra.

Enjoy it, don't panic, the training done and remember, hills and pain are yer friends:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

chinguetti wrote: »
    hills and pain are yer friends:D

or soon to become very good acquaintances :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good luck to all running this, looks like the weather will be good, I'm dead jealous. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DigiJem wrote: »
    Good luck to all running this, looks like the weather will be good, I'm dead jealous. Enjoy!

+1, am so very jealous of you all! Stupid injury :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I feel sick.....

**Its the breakfast***

If anyone sees a "cuddly" blonde head walking the hills it will be me..... :)

Best of luck to everyone, may the wind be on your face and the dogs eating your arse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Best of luck to everyone. All the hard work is done, try to relax until Sunday then enjoy yourselves. Cant wait to hear all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck to all the Conn'ers!

Hope you all have a great weekend in the West. Enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

thanks for the support!
    Does anybody know if there is a check in facilty at the registration,
    Somewhere were you can leave stuff in a bag (change of clothes) to pick up at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Just a quick one to wish all heading for Connemara all the best in your run (whatever the distance).

Have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

aficionado wrote: »
    thanks for the support!
    Does anybody know if there is a check in facilty at the registration,
    Somewhere were you can leave stuff in a bag (change of clothes) to pick up at the end?

There's a baggage transfer from the Start:

http://www.connemarathon.com/general-information-participants
    Baggage transfer from Start
    Enclosed with your race number you will find a baggage label. Clearly write your number on this baggage label and attach it to the baggage you wish to have returned from the Start Area to Maam Cross. It is your responsibility to ensure that the bag is waterproof as these bags will be sorted outdoors. All bags will be transferred back to the Finish area for your collection after the race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Thanks for all the support folks. It's much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

Thanks holypink didnt see that on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

good luck to you all. Have a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Good luck to all doing it.Might do the half marathon next year myself.
    Run your best race ever and most of all enjoy it:).

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

Jebus, my stomach is in a knot this morning. I know some nerves are good, but this is the worst i've been.:) Probably because i've done bugger all hill training and not a lot of distance (15km, once, 3 weeks ago) so feel a bit unprepared and the hell of the west is grinning down evily at me:D.

How do the rest of you deal with the pre race heeby geebies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

Wonkagirl wrote: »
    Jebus, my stomach is in a knot this morning. I know some nerves are good, but this is the worst i've been.:) Probably because i've done bugger all hill training and not a lot of distance (15km, once, 3 weeks ago) so feel a bit unprepared and the hell of the west is grinning down evily at me:D.

How do the rest of you deal with the pre race heeby geebies?

Enter more races! Nothing beats experience and the only way to get it is to race. If you have a 15k done in the last few weeks then you will get round fine. The beauty of the half is that the hill at the start prevents you going out too quickly.
    Just look on that hill as a positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Nervous today - I hope the excitement will get me through tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Bag packed, hope to hit the M4 about 12.30.

There's a big crowd from Le Chéile AC heading down, 4 of us doing the full & 10 or so doing half (unfortunately we've had a few drop-outs due to injury).

And we're all nervous regardless of experience; there are a few first time halfer's, and Pat doing his first full in Conn.

Good luck to everyone, and be glad you've made it this far injury free.
    The sense of achievement & the buzz around Peacocke's, Maam Cross after finishing will make all the winter training worthwhile.

Say hello if you see us hanging around Clifden over next 2 nights.

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

God luck to all heading to Conn, I hope all goes well....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Out to reg this evening in Clifden, leave a car there, head to Leenaun and park up there somewhere, do the run and get the bus from finish line to Clifden and back to Leenaun in the picked up car.

I hope that approach works! :)

Nice day down here today, was out around 7 and it was chilly but now its hitting 15c so its lovely.

The nerves will be on us this time tomorrow BIG time! :)

But isn't it great that we can do it, we may not be rich but with the health we can go out and do what we want! (End of physiological speil) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

Heading off soon. Not looking forward to the race (full), tbh. I was going good through Jan/Feb but the last six weeks or so have been pretty dire training wise only getting half the training I'd have liked. Should make it to the finish but thoughts of a fantastic time (i.e. PB) have faded considerably. Really hoping I can fall in with a group pacing themselves to 3:30 and see if I can keep up. If the wheels fall off, I won't get upset unless I'm not running all the way to the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow. Looks like the weather is going to be fine again this year, so the views should be breathtaking. Enjoy!

I'd love to be running it too... fond memories. I will be back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Best of luck to everyone! Will be thinking of you all tomorrow when I'm on my morning run!

Advertisement