Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5k 7/5/2011(Sat 11am)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

3 stars (average)
    Very good race, lovely spread at the end again ( +1 for the rhubarb cake which was devine.) Good marshalling on the roads and km signs were easily spotted. I still find it a tough course though- had to dog out the last hill where everyone around me (myself included) seemed to be going backwards, except for the tall guy in the boards top who passed me at the top of it.

The start was crowded due to the way the body of the field came out to the main road and walked back towards the start line. Suggestion would to be have the start to the left of the chute when you walk out to the main road as that way people would have to walk forward towards it. It might make the start less packed.

Overall another very good race organised by a club, club races always seem better organised.
    Very happy with my time where I PBed by around 20 sec and knocked 7 min 30 off last year's effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

4 stars (good)
    Fantastic race, superbly organised. Very impressive. Great atmosphere in the finishing area

Alas, I didn't get to sample the amazing looking cakes as I had to leg it to work but I can confirm they looked delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

4 stars (good)
    Completely agree with what everyone else says. Was a great event. Well organised with lovely cakes and a great atmosphere at the finish.

Well done all at Le Cheile who organised it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

4 stars (good)
    W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    It might make the start less packed.
    and the course a little shorter;)

3 stars (average)
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    and the course a little shorter;)

There's always a way to find an extra 10m...... ! although I can see the merits in a "short 5km" guaranteed PB!

Wasn't the start further up the road last year or the year before though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    Can't praise this event. Well done to all in Le Cheile - commercial races take note - 10 euro races that are brilliant run, organised and that treat people well are possible.

Fairy cakes with chocolate topping were my favs:) And they sorted out the wind so i got my PB - brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

4 stars (good)
    Great race this morning, really enjoyed it, good challenging course, well organised and very friendly atmosphere at the finish line,,,, coffee donuts and swiss roll after a run,,, what simple pleasures !

3 stars (average)
    http://www.lecheileac.com/files/2011_Leilxip_5k_Prov_Reuslts.pdf

Link for results for first 200
    Very happy here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mts

4 stars (good)
    Really enjoyable race, well run and marshalled. The cakes were lovely and it was lovely to get a cup of tea after a race too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

3 stars (average)
    well done on a great, well-organised event. cakes were outstanding. course aint exactly flat but its fair enough. will run this again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

4 stars (good)
    Lovely event, very well organised & marshalled. A great spread afterwards, brilliant value for €10, well done to Le Cheile

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭papamike

4 stars (good)
    Have to echo all that has been said, well organised, well marshalled and superb value for €10. Water/orange, bananas, chocolate at the finish and then on for a cup of tea and a superb spread of cakes...someone from LeCheile should post a pic as it would be marketing gold...I'll be back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

4 stars (good)
    Great race and really well organised (I would say that about my own club though!) managed to knock 20s of last years time so v. happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

4 stars (good)
    Great event. A special thank you for all the encouragement from marshalls, organisers, etc for slowwwwww joggers like me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Thanks for all the great feedback and comments on the Leixlip 5k - we were really pleased with how it went and the few things that didn't go quite to plan, seem to have gone unnoticed :).

There is a full list of provisional results available here Once I have had a change to verify all results with the video footage, I will publish the final results.

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Wasn't the start further up the road last year or the year before though?
    Yes it was WB, but if you remember we did a full 400 on the track with a run-in last year, this year is was just over 300m - hence the start moved back towards Louisa Bridge. Take your comments on board re start congestion though.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Can't praise this event.

I'm hoping chinquetti that you omitted a word rather than being a comment in complete contradiction to your personal feedback on the day ;)

3 stars (average)
    lecheile wrote: »
    Yes it was WB, but if you remember we did a full 400 on the track with a run-in last year, this year is was just over 300m - hence the start moved back towards Louisa Bridge. Take your comments on board re start congestion though.

To be fair when you get to worrying about the small details it says a lot for how well run the event is!
    I've never been to an event yet where the participants line up appropriate to their start. Some folks just don't get it

4 stars (good)
    I'm hoping chinquetti that you omitted a word rather than being a comment in complete contradiction to your personal feedback on the day ;)

Good spot Le Cheile - shall sort that now.

'Can't praise this event enough'

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Great event and my first ever race and was delighted with my time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 LucanHarriers

4 stars (good)
    Once again a fantastic event ..... brilliantly organised by Le Cheile AC. The Lucan Harriers brigade certainly went home happy. Roll on 2012!!!

There are pics from Saturday available on RacePix here - I also a tagged a set of mine for RacePix but they are not appearing :confused: direct link here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

There are pics from Saturday available on RacePix here - I also a tagged a set of mine for RacePix but they are not appearing :confused: direct link here

et violà... they're there now!

4 stars (good)
    It will only show you page 1 of the 35 when i try. And the search by bib ain't working at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

4 stars (good)
    chinguetti wrote: »
    It will only show you page 1 of the 35 when i try. And the search by bib ain't working at present.

I had that problem with it only showing page 1 after I'd done search by bib but I was able to get to the other pages when I took off the bib filter. Found a couple of pics of me - chuffed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

4 stars (good)
    Found three photos of yours truly in huge distress at the finish. Don't know why i'm delighted with that but i am.:D

Great event Le Cheile. See you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Diesel

Hi, I'm new to this forum ( and not a lot of time spent in other forums either)
    For those interested in some images, I was taking some alongside the incoming field, I've submitted a dozen of the good ones to try see if they get published in Liffey Champion, I have to wait and see what happens.
    Either way, published or not, I'll post a link back here at the weekend to all the images I have.
    Check back in a few days.

Well done to all the participents.
    Diesel.

Diesel wrote: »
    Either way, published or not, I'll post a link back here at the weekend to all the images I have.
    Diesel.

Looking forward to seeing them Diesel - don't be too disappointed if you pics don't get published as the Liffey Champ had a photographer there covering the event.

Hi
    Didn't make the front page I'm afraid. :confused: ..always next time !
    Images are uploaded, hope you are pictured. Enjoy even if not.

Hint: Use the slideshow feature and set the time interval to 1 sec.
    395 images...takes about 5 minutes to run.
    Or scroll to where ever.......

Apologies if out of focus...damn runners - slow down and give us photogs a chance.... :)
    rgds
    Diesel
    https://picasaweb.google.com/Jhshelley/Leixlip5k?feat=directlink

• Advertisement

Feedback always appreciated ....preferably by e-mail.

Forgot to mention.... Not everybody appreciates their photo being taken.
    If you wish yours to be removed.... Contact me directly.

E-mail address available on webpage.

thanks
    Diesel.

Advertisement