Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5k 7/5/2011(Sat 11am)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

ultraman1 wrote: »
    dont think this is a goody bag and medal sort of race,but for ur tenner u get a accuratly measured and safely marshalled course,accuratly timed and final results available very soon after finish of race and any profit go towards the club and as much tea and cock as you can handle after the race.

I cannot ever remember laughing as much at something i read...thanks for that ultraman....outstanding....but i dont think the nice tea ladies up in Leixslip will be to impressed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I was so dissappointed when I saw the correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

In light of recent assertions made, we have been asked by the AAI to make a formal statement regarding the Leixlip 5k event. The following is an official statement from the Le Chéile AC ethics committee, as a result of a long and hard, heated committee meeting:

We, the newly erected Leixlip 5k entertainment and pleasure committee of Le Chéile Athletic Club wish to make a Veritas Dictat statement and distance our club, by a fairly long length, from the statements made by UltraLightMan. The Leixlip 5k race is confirmed as being run under STD AAI rules and any assertion that we will be going to enormous lengths to amuse, entice or excite participants, to attend or take part, is a complete phallucy.

To be completely clear, the tea that will be provided in our newly erected clubhouse will not be accompanied by:

10906477_Shuttlecock.jpg

or accompanied by:

Brass-Stop-Cock-Heavy.jpg

or even:

cock.jpg

and most certainly not.....

penis-guy.jpg

but if there are individuals out there a little limp, underwhelmed and disappointed with this statement, and need a little more from the Leixlip 5k road race, we could probably arrange an audience with a stand-up guy, with big hands (or at least chubby fingers)....

UltraLightMan.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lecheile wrote: »
    In light of recent assertions made, we have been asked by the AAI to make a formal statement regarding the Leixlip 5k event. The following is an official statement from the Le Chéile AC ethics committee, as a result of a long and hard, heated committee meeting:

We, the newly erected Leixlip 5k entertainment and pleasure committee of Le Chéile Athletic Club wish to make a Veritas Dictat statement and distance our club, by a fairly long length, from the statements made by UltraLightMan. The Leixlip 5k race is confirmed as being run under STD AAI rules and any assertion that we will be going to enormous lengths to amuse, entice or excite participants, to attend or take part, is a complete phallucy.
    Brilliant :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

4 stars (good)
    ill have to stop trying to rise people....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

3 stars (average)
    Top class- talk about taking the mickey out of us...... (I'll get my coat)
    At this stage I reckon Ultraman is a plant and this is just a way of generating interest in the 5k,
    Someone should send the last few pages to one of the redtops- depending on how slow news a day it is we could have some headlines in tomorrow's paper

"Randy runners cock up the internet"

or

"Exposed: the filth that comes with running"

AAI should take a note of how to market an event!

G-Money wrote: »
    Don't know if this was answered already but I didn't see any info on the site there when I quickly checked. Is this chip timed and is there any sort of goodie bag or anything for the finishers?

Hi G-Money - I should have responded directly before this, but things got a bit mis-directed because of the TypoGate scandal. As UltraLiteMan said, we can offer you a properly measured and certified 5km course and all the other elements that you expect from an Athletics Club organised event, as well as a warm welcome and a nice cup of tea afterwards. Given the low entry fee and the fact that it is used to raise much needed funds for the club, we concentrate on putting on a quality racing event as our primary focus. I have no doubt that as the race grows and we achieve a critical mass of participants, that will be of interest to advertisers and sport product manufacturers, a goody bag and the other elements you mention will become part of the event. Hope to see you in a couple of weeks :)

We have changed the course slightly for this year's event (and will have it officially measured and certified again - before anyone asks!!!).

The start will be moved 166m closer to Louisa Bridge (adding a little bit extra run down the slight hill) and the approach to the track, within the grounds of the Amentity Centre, will be between the tennis courts and astro pitches. Runners will then enter the track and complete 330ish meters Clockwise on the track.

New route can be seen here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

New route can be seen here

Thanks for that, I've made the change in the race profile thread aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

4 stars (good)
    What kind of numbers are you expecting for this race folks?

Cheers
    PK

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    had a nice scoot around the route today...and check that the baking is going well,have left Bernie in charge of quality control....

Patrick_K wrote: »
    What kind of numbers are you expecting for this race folks?

Cheers
    PK

Hi PK - last year we had 255 finishers and this year's entries are ahead of last year at this stage - the number who will register on the day will be a big variable factor, depending on weather etc. So if you planning to take part, best to register now (and save yourself a €5 ;))

Last year's results can be seen here if you want to see the spread of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Still haven't decided whether I am doing this or not.... but you may see me there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    lecheile, have ye sorted out the weather by the way as the forecast don't look too great?

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Still haven't decided whether I am doing this or not.... but you may see me there! :)

Still time Perkina - online registration will be open until friday afternoon for €10 and you can of course come along on Saturday morning and register on the morning.......go on - you know it will be good for you :D

chinguetti wrote: »
    lecheile, have ye sorted out the weather by the way as the forecast don't look too great?

Working very hard on it chinquetti - although it looks at this stage almost perfect for running.....

110507_Weather_Leixlip.JPG

Just make sure you are not still running in the afternoon ;)

3 stars (average)
    Signed up last night
    Here's hoping for cooperation by the little ones to make it easy for me to get out to the race!

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Signed up last night
    Here's hoping for cooperation by the little ones to make it easy for me to get out to the race!

Well done WB - I'm sure the appropriate co-operation will be forthcoming - just be sure to explain to them how important the race is to you as you put them to bed this evening, that will surely work :)

Just to let you know that we will be able to take online entries (for €10 including all fees, charges and hidden costs!!) throughout the day but will need to close off at some stage. If you are planning to take part, please register early to avoid disappointment - will confirm exact close-off time later. There is of course the option to register on the day for €15 up to 10:30.

Any specific questions, please ask.

If I register it will be on the day. What time you reckon I need to be there for that? Bout 10 am?

• Advertisement

Perkina3 wrote: »
    If I register it will be on the day. What time you reckon I need to be there for that? Bout 10 am?

10 will be perfect. - see you then

Online registration will be closing at 4 today. Anyone for the last few registrations????

3 stars (average)
    Well done WB - I'm sure the appropriate co-operation will be forthcoming - just be sure to explain to them how important the race is to you as you put them to bed this evening, that will surely work :)

In bed without much difficulty
    Now I just need a night's sleep

Here's to ripping up the course tomorrow!

Well dn' t think i can do this now:-(. Just lost my lift!!!

Yup it's definite.... my lif5 just bailed on me so I can't race in this...Gutted cuz I am sitting here ready to go!! :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

4 stars (good)
    You missed out Perkina, super race.
    Good tough course, sun made an appearance and a little bit of wind made it a good test.
    All went off without a hitch and the cake spread was highly impressive, special mention from me for the rhubard cake, mmmmm.
    Well done all and thanks.

PK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

4 stars (good)
    Yes great race, it was my first time doing it and I'm really glad I did. And as Patrick_K said, lots of lovely cakes. Thanks to all involved.

4 stars (good)
    brillant race this morning,well organised and executed,and the spread of food that would put a farmers market to shame...... great to see some commercial race promoters there taking notes on how its done properly......

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

4 stars (good)
    +1 to all the above - a real 5 star race. Good course, well marshalled, great finishing area, lots of food & water and a really good family atmosphere at the finish line. The only change I'd suggest for next year is that some races have people calling times at the km markers which can be useful. A very minor point - thought everything else was perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

4 stars (good)
    Le Cheile put on a great show today, really professional set up. Friendly, supportive atmosphere, well marshalled and excellent spread at the end:D:D:D

Advertisement