Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5k 7/5/2011(Sat 11am)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

3 stars (average)
    lecheile wrote: »
    Of course you will be able for the 5k corny, you have 7 weeks to train - the preparation for the post race creamy buns may take a little work ;)
    To be fair 7 weeks probably isn't enough for the spread of cakes- although the sustained Easter period might help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Unmistsound

4 stars (good)
    Did this last year and loved it - hope to give it a go again this year.
    Are kids allowed partake? Son (10) wants to run & daughter (14) wants some buns:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Did this last year and PB'd so having another crack at it this year. Testinf enough course, looking forward to the gurb after mmmmmm lovely gurb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Howdy Lecheille,
    I pinched this from the race profile page: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26206837
    Is it the same course as this?
    I've signed up anyway. Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Howdy Lecheille,
    I pinched this from the race profile page: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26206837

lecheille, 20:44...you can do faster than that can't you? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Are kids allowed partake? Son (10) wants to run & daughter (14) wants some buns:)

hi unmist, (welcome to Boards!),

to the best of my knowledge, entry is restricted to over 16's
    because the roads are not 'closed'.
    I'm sure LeCheile will clarify this.

However, if you've a wife, or granny, or uncle, or cousin or whatever
    drag them along. It's a great event for walkers and 'fun' runners, so the
    more the merrier.

the plan is to limit the cakes for the first 50 over the line, to max 1* per person (purely in their own interest),
    to leave lots for the normal folk who will have built up an appetite on their run/walk.;)

*maybe 1 1/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scooby Ashmore

I was taking my kids to tennis last year and noticed a hell of a commotion caused by hundred of runners who looked to be having a great time taking part in the Le Cheile 5km road race. I haven't run in years.... but heard amazing tales for days afterwards from various people who took part of the fun, excitement and the fooooooddddddd. If I have to walk, I'm not missing THAT event this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Yes Unmistsound - as JB said - under AAI permit rules unless the road is completely closed the race needs to be restricted to over 16s - A longer term solution to this issue will be if the race gets so big that we have to close the roads - so the more the merrier :D

robinph wrote: »
    lecheille, 20:44...you can do faster than that can't you? :D

Robin - you are forgetting that it was over a year ago - 20:44 on the bike was no problem to me back then!! I currently reduced to trying to keep up with Ultraman on half-marathon distances!! Oh how I miss the good ol' days ;)

Howdy Lecheille,

Thanks Misty - course is essentially the same as that route. There is a slight change to the approach once we come off the main road. I will run cycle the exact route again and post soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Unmistsound

4 stars (good)
    Yes Unmistsound - as JB said - under AAI permit rules unless the road is completely closed the race needs to be restricted to over 16s - A longer term solution to this issue will be if the race gets so big that we have to close the roads - so the more the merrier :D
    Thanks lecheile - I had a feeling that was the case - pesky rules!

I've no training done recently, and that's not likely to change much. Still it's no fun unless it hurts.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dipity

4 stars (good)
    This was a great race last year. Would really recommend it.

I'm not sure what to do this year though. I haven't been doing any speed work and won't get much in between now and then. I suppose I could just run and enjoy the atmosphere and perhaps indulge in a cake or 2 at the end!!

Just over 3 weeks to go - the field will be bigger than last year and we have submitted our application for a fine, wind-free day :) Any questions about this event, please ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Just over 3 weeks to go - the field will be bigger than last year and we have submitted our application for a fine, wind-free day :) Any questions about this event, please ask!

Is there an option to sign up on the day?

Is there an option to sign up on the day?

Hi El D - registration is possible on the morning of the race up to 10:30 for €15 (only €10 in advance and available up to Friday 6th). Hope we'll see you in Leixlip :)

Bookings going well for this so far with less
    than 3 weeks to go.

Le Cheile has a very successful Fit4Life group,
    so we'll have lots of novices and 'ladies' using this
    as race-prep for the Mini Marathon.

But also for anyone targeting a sub 17 min 5k:eek:, this
    could be the one!

We've put together a bit of a web page with all the info about the Leixlip 5k for anyone who may have any questions about the event. See it here or if there is something not addressed there, please ask here.

See loads of you in two weeks time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Don't know if this was answered already but I didn't see any info on the site there when I quickly checked. Is this chip timed and is there any sort of goodie bag or anything for the finishers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

4 stars (good)
    G-Money wrote: »
    Is this chip timed and is there any sort of goodie bag or anything for the finishers?

dont think this is a goody bag and medal sort of race,but for ur tenner u get a accuratly measured and safely marshalled course,accuratly timed and final results available very soon after finish of race and any profit go towards the club and as much tea and cock as you can handle after the race.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ultraman1 wrote: »
    ...and as much tea and cock as you can handle after the race.

HE MEANS CAKE. :D

• Advertisement

3 stars (average)
    dont think this is a goody bag and medal sort of race,but for ur tenner u get a accuratly measured and safely marshalled course,accuratly timed and final results available very soon after finish of race and any profit go towards the club and as much tea and cock as you can handle after the race.

I don't think this is what LeCheile AC had in mind...........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

.......and as much tea and cock as you can handle after the race.

No thanks, I'll have a muffin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

and as much tea and cock as you can handle after the race.

If that's what's waiting for me I think I'm better off skipping this and trying to compete in the Women's Mini Marathon instead ;)

3 stars (average)
    G-Money wrote: »
    If that's what's waiting for me I think I'm better off skipping this and trying to compete in the Women's Mini Marathon instead ;)

Controversial move by LeCheile AC- targetting the mini marathon crowd with tea & c........

How can we vote for "Post of the day"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

robinph wrote: »
    How can we vote for "Post of the day"?

Most thanks before midnight . . .but this one deserves it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

All inquires about 'small' 'medium' or 'large' will be fortcuming.

Online booking temporarily unavailable, due to unexpected onslaught of race entries since 5pm. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

4 stars (good)
    sorry about that lads....i got the wrong end of the stick,tony has just told me they are definitly not doing tea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I like this "thinking outside the box" marketing - give the punters what they really need, not a poxy medal :pac:

Advertisement