Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Saturday 2nd February

Sprints
    10x60m w/ walking recovery

Ah bliss. The longest possible time in the week before the repenting starts again.

Weekly Bike Total
    57.5km

Monday 4th February

Split Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    3@50kg
    2@60kg
    2x3@65kg failed one
    2x2@68kg failed one
    2x1@73kg failed both

Split Clean & Jerk
    cleans + 1 jerk
    3@50kg
    2@60kg
    2@70kg
    2@80kg
    2@85kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    4@80kg
    3@90kg
    2@100kg

Lunges
    20 each side @ bar

Ugh. Sadness. Fell off the wagon on Saturday night after been on it for a solid month. Feels bad man. Coulda shot an ad for Diego sensible drinking. Couldn't hit top sets and I bailed on pulls.

I ate feck all yesterday and have a hole in my stomach I haven't been able to fill.

Todays eating

no.1) 3 scrambled eggs & coffee
    no.2) beef sandwich
    no.3) chicken tikka & rice
    no.4) bananna & chocolate bar
    no.5) protein shake & chocolate bar
    Training
    no.6) protein shake & bananna
    no.7) 2 x fajitas (big ones)

Everything was bought there as well apart from breakfast so I spent a crap load.

/tries_to_get_back_on_wagon

Tuesday 5th Feb

Track Session

I'll stop logging warmup/cooldown

Main session
    3x800m
    3x600m
    3x300m

Next group up is still comfortable enough. I stayed with the pace of the group for the 800's and 600's cos well they are long. I tore off for the 300's though and got accused of being A) Slacking B) A Sprinter. So I say I'll be moving again next week. I'll make Rio yet!

Got a bike puncture just as I got to the stadium so had a 3km walk home after.

Wednesday 6th February

S/S 1
    Rings Dips 10,10,10,8
    Chinups 8,8,6,6

Abz
    3 rounds
    8 ab wheel rollouts from knees
    20 Russian twists @ 20kg
    30s plank @ 20kg

Box jump
    up to 40"
    shinned myself on 41" and gave up

Hyper Extensions
    3x12@20kg

Moar upperbody
    4 rounds
    10 x One arm KB Press @ 16kg
    10 x Row @ 24kg
    no rest

Fridays session is getting moved to Thursday so I went in and did a anything but legs day. The box jumps were just because someone else was doing them and they were setup. I shouldn't have bothered the intervals last night sapped my power.

Training upperbody is so easy that I could get used to it.

Thursday 7th February

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    2x1@63kg failed first one

Power Cleans + 1 jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@75kg
    3@80kg hmm..failed the jerk..

Back Squat
    5@50kg
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    3x5@80kg

Legs still shagged from the intervals. I don't see long term compatibility of it with lifting given they are doing >400's. I shall inquire about sprinting options once I finish my current anorexia experiments.

• Advertisement

Only cycled 11km last week. Laziness and punctures.

Monday 11th February

Gym was closed. I was fairly annoyed when I found out cos I haven't trained since Thursday. So...

Bike Urban Time Trial
    5.5km 85-90% effort between traffic lights

It was enough to give me a bit of the black lung which I haven't gotten from the running intervals yet but that will probably start changing soon as I move up levels.

Tuesday 12th Feb

Track Session

8x600m
    w/ 200m slow jog recovery

Moved up. I seemed about mid level in this one so that'll probably be the stop of my climb to the top of Irish athletics. Not mad on the >400 distances.

Wednesday 13th February

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    1@63kg

Power Cleans + 1 jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@75kg
    3@80kg
    2@85kg failed jerk
    1@88kg failed jerk

Jaysis'

Back Squat
    5@50kg
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    3@90kg
    2@95kg
    1@100kg

Snatch Pulls
    3@74kg
    3@77kg
    3@80kg

Clean Pulls
    3@95kg
    3@100kg
    3@105kg

I think I'm turning into a slow twitch thin'lete. No power at all on the jerks. Sadness there but the rest of the session went welll enough. Well apart from being brutal at powersnatches also. Distance stuff is killing my explosiveness.

Squats were actually okay but I didn't have a belt and I don't like pushing it without one cos I'm crap at staying upright when it starts to get heavy.

Cycled 37km last week.

That black lung I was talking about last Monday was actually the real thing and I wasn't just unfit. I would have trained anyway Friday but I was busy.

Monday 18th February

black lung being a chest infection but I figured I don't need lungs for lifting things so got back at it today.

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    3@50kg
    2@60kg
    2x2@65kg
    2@68kg
    f@73kg
    1@73kg
    1@75kg
    2xf@77kg should have got the first one*

Splt clean & Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1@93kg
    2xf@95kg failed the cleans which made me sad

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    4@80kg
    3@90kg
    2@100kg
    1@105kg no spotter so no attempts at a monstrous 110kg

Snatch Pulls
    3x3@80kg

Clean Pulls
    3@95kg
    3@100kg
    3@105kg

*grgr should have made that but my single leg strength has gone down a lot and I'm not solid on the landings anymore. Gonna do a load of single leg training for next training cycle to build it back up. Feeling twinges and feeling injury prone also on the split lifts so it's definitely needed.

Skipped intervals yesterday due to black lung

Wednesday 20th Feb

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    1xf@62kg erm

Power Cleans
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@75kg
    2@80kg
    1@82kg
    1@84kg
    1@86kg
    1@88kg
    1@90kg

Front Squat
    5@50kg
    5@60kg
    5@65kg
    5@70kg
    5@75kg

S/S
    Rings Dips 10,10,8
    Chinups 8,8,6

Right leg doms from Monday. Nothing worse than non-symmetric doms. Another reason to start doing more single leg work and balance out.

Training has been a bit crap the past few weeks so I'll try get a solid 3 weeks in from Monday then re-jig training.

• Advertisement

Didn't cycle at all this week. Black lung had cleared by Thursday but I was too lazy to get back to it.

Saturday 23rd Feb

Urban Trail Series #1
    8km in Marlay Park @ 40:30 people said it was 8.5km
    Lap1:21:26
    Lap2:19:04

57th out of 495

Instead of lifting things in the masters & intermediate weighlifting comp like a semi-sane person I ran around parks and muddy forests like a sap.

I got mixed up on the start time and ended up at the very back of the 500 odd runners so I couldn't really do much until 3km as at some points it was down to a single lane of traffic. I opened up a bit then but felt rough enough after not doing any car-di-a for the 10 days previous. One of the benefits of starting at the back though was it was motivating to be passing people out all the time. I'd probably get demolarised and dejected pretty quick if it was the other way around.

I came up with a anoerixa goal out of it anyway to get within the next 4-8 weeks or so before I retire. A sub 40 minute 10km while still snatching bodyweight. Couch would be proud.

Monday 25th February

Split Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2@60kg
    2@65kg
    1@70kg
    1@73kg
    f@76kg
    f@76kg
    1@76kg
    f@78kg clark

Split Clean & Jerk
    cleans + 1 jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    2@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    4@80kg
    3@90kg
    2@100kg
    1@105kg
    1xf@110kg

Classic lifts were better than expected after the weekend. I might have got 78kg if I didn't faff about with 76kg so much before hand.

Squats were a bit more what I was expecting. I'm gonna have do some serious leg hypertrophy when I get back to it properly. Legs have gotten v.skinny.

The run on Saturday was 8.8km. Decent enough time given the delays at the start.

Tuesday 29th Jan

Track Session
    3km Time Trial
    11:00

They do 3km time trial at the end of the month to track progress. I'd forgotten all about though. Definatly wasn't in the mood for it after Saturday and lifting last night. I forgot what lap I was on as well so I didn't push it at the end either just incase there was another lap to go. I'm a wuss with the longer stuff.

18:20 pace for a 5km though which I'll have no trouble maintaining when fresh so Sub 18 should be well doable as another anorixia goal. F*ck this sh*t is starting to get addictive now some stats are starting to roll in especially since I know that I underperformed in them so far. Godamn stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Ed, can you move this log into the Health & Fitness forum?

Frogdog wrote: »
    Ed, can you move this log into the Health & Fitness forum?

Listen here pump boy! at least my log still has a few snatch, C&J and squats in it. If you had a log I'd have it requested to be moved to bodybuilding.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 immigant

Please move yer conversation to personal issues.

In other news:
    Have you timed any sprints yet?

immigant wrote: »
    Please move yer conversation to personal issues.

In other news:
    Have you timed any sprints yet?

Nope not yet just interested in the 5km/10km for the moment and sure may as well have a go at the one miler while I'm at it.

I'm pretty intersted to know my sprint times though I've started inquring here and there about what my sprinting options are as far as training with a group goes once I finish the middle distance stuff. I don't think I have the raw strength to be that fast in the 100m coming out of the blocks. At a guess I'm probably better suited to 200/400. Like me pal Michael Johnson.

Wednesday 27th Feb

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    1@64kg
    1xf@66kg didn't extend fully and left it out front
    1@66kg borderline but I'm feeling generous so gave it to myself

Power Cleans & Power Jerk
    cleans + 1 jerk
    2x3@60kg
    2@70kg
    2@80kg failed the jerk
    just the cleans
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1xf@92kg grgr

Front Squat
    5@50kg
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@75kg
    4@80kg 4th rep was looking abortiony so left the 5th out for the sake of the children

Bench
    5@40kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    f@85kg
    f@85kg

Neutral grip Pullups

Not completely awful apart from the bench. I haven't benched in ages but figured I'd still get 85kg considering I've been doing some dips. I'll have another go next week.

Was checking the dates the other day between now and weightlifting nationals. I've enough time for 2x6 week training blocks. So I gave the orders there to Wayne for a 6 week prep phase into a 6 week competition phase. Starting on the 11th March.

The idea with the prep phase is to build me up a bit especially with the single leg stuff. Now I'll be continuing to take on Mo Farah during this prep phase so I wouldn't be expecting any huge success with it but I'll try my best.

The plan would be to have dropped the middle distance stuff for sprinting by the time of the comp phase rolls in as not to be completely useless at nationals. Just being a bit crap is the goal.

Friday 1st March

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@55kg
    2x2@60kg
    1@62kg
    1xf@64kg full snatch

Power Cleans
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@75kg
    2x2@80kg
    1@85kg
    1xf@90kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    4@80kg
    3@90kg
    2@100kg was struggling so left it there
    3x5@80kg

Clean Pulls
    3x3@100kg

Bulgarian Split Squats
    3x6@18kg db's

I wasn't miserable enough this week so I've started to cycle all the way to the gym instead of half way and getting the car. I had been putting that off but with a bit of an aul stretch starting to come to the evenings again the temperature up a few degrees I had the urge. So that's 10km before training (+5km on what I have been doing) and 5km after. The cycle after is kinda nice to be honest. Probably helps with recovery aslong as long as you don't go too mad on it.

The extra 5km before the gym does sap the legs another touch though but becoming the greatest endurance athlete the Strength Sports Logs forum as ever seen will remain priority no.1 for another while yet.

Saturday 2nd March

Sprints
    400m at pace
    2x60m@85%
    5x60m@100% w/ walking recovery

Tired enough from training this week so 5 sprints was enough. Starts were poor, top speed still reasonble.

Weekly Bike Total
    67km

• Advertisement

Monday 4th March

Powercleans
    2x3@50kg
    3@55kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@75kg
    3@80kg
    2@85kg
    1@90kg for some reason decided to jerk this out of no where, failed it

Clean Pulls
    3@95kg
    3@100kg
    3@105kg

Back Squats
    5@60kg
    3@80kg
    6x2@100kg

SL RDL
    3x8@20kg
    token wrote: »
    I wasn't miserable enough this week so I've started to cycle all the way to the gym instead of half way and getting the car.

Yeah this is starting to kick in a bit. Legs were pretty dead tonight. Track session is gonna be a killer tomorrow. I'm only training until Wednesday this week though so I'll try not complain too much.

Tuesday 5th March

Track Session

8x600m
    w/ 200m slow jog recovery

I did this one three weeks ago faired a bit better this time can't say it was v.enjoyable though. I introduced myself to the sprint group that train in irishtown to suss it out ahead of trying it out. I then went off and started my 600's. I was looking over every now and then and they were doing fun stuff like agility drills and plyos with hurdles.

Yeah.. so I reckon I'm gonna switch to sprinting earlier than I planned it's not like I get all pumped about running long distances. It doesn't motivate me like lifting does/did/hopefully again. They train tues/thurs there so suits the current mon/wed/fri lifting schedule.

Wednesday 6th March

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@55kg
    2x2@60kg
    1@62kg
    1@64kg
    1xf@66kg full snatch

Snatch Pulls
    2x3@75kg
    2x3@80kg

Front Squats
    5@50kg
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg

Bench
    5@40kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    f@90kg
    2@75kg an attempted 3x3
    3x3@70kg

DB Row
    2x10@28kg

Walking Lunges
    6 steps forward, 6 steps back
    3@40kg

Weekly Bike Total
    53km

I got into a commuter race there the last 3km before the gym. Well the other guy could have taken me anytime he wanted the lazy f*cker was just slipstreaming off me. The fact he was a proper cyclist as far as beating me goes provides some minor consolation.

I pretty much time trial'd the cycle home also because it was raining. Got home in two and half songs which is quick enough I think.

Right that's me done until Monday. I'm offically old tomorrow and no doubt my ability to handle training volume will rapidly plummet and I've already filled my new training quota for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

token wrote: »
    Got home in two and half songs which is quick enough I think.

blur's song 2 or oasis champagne supernova?

imnothim wrote: »
    blur's song 2 or oasis champagne supernova?

They certainly get regular rotation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfu_mU-dmo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-_addP19M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmatItacEvM

I picked it up a bit when New Order came on.

Cycled another 36km there I decided to use the bike yesterday/today instead of subjecting myself to traveling on public transport.

Monday 12th March

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@55kg
    2x2@60kg
    1@62kg

Power Clean & Jerk
    all cleans then all the jerks
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    2@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    3x5@80kg

Tired after weekend shenigans. I was tempted to skip the whole thing because I just got a new laptop today and wanted to mess around with it but decided I better go and at least do a bit.

I'm gonna leave starting the new program until next week. The general goal is to start transitioning back into a power athlete. Switch middle distance to sprinting and eat a bit more especially around training times. I'm enjoy the cycling so I'm probably gonna keep that and just back it off coming up to comps.

My bodyweight is
    73kg down from 78.5kg last Novemeber. Which is the lighest I've been for a few years now. I'll try bump that back to 75kg for a start.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Spoiler tags added so that C O'K does not explode the internet

Edwardius wrote: »
    Spoiler tags added so that C O'K does not explode the internet

Luckily he doesn't venture round these parts too much anymore. Though I'm sure one of you f*ckers will probably aware him for self amusement. Preemptive calling of you all ****.

Tuesday 12th March

Joined in with the Trinity Sprint group that train in Irishtown Tuesday and Thursdays.

Track Session

Dynamic stretching stuff and some stridy stuff.

Hurdle Plyos
    6'ish sets x 5 hurdles at increasing height and distance

Agility Drills
    Bunch of different drills off those mini hurdle things. Some double legged, then single legged plyos followed by side wards drills each side then faster sprints over them extending the distance between them after each couple of reps. My dodgy right glute cropping up a bit on right legged drills.

Sprints
    4x120m starting on the bend
    4:30 rest

Yeah I don't know all the terminology yet so I'll be saying stuff n things' for awhile. Plyos and drill stuff was pretty fun. I hadn't done the vast majority of them before. Managed not to trip over anything anyway and survived without making an ass of myself.

Sprints were starting on the bend. Get to max speed as fast as possible around the bend then coast or maintain speed on the straight. I probably put a bit more into the straights just so I wouldn't finish too far back.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 13th March

Stabilitez Bench
    10@50kg

Powercleans and jerks
    cleans + 1 jerk
    3@50kg
    3@70kg
    2@80kg
    f@85kg and the world wept
    1 clean + jerks
    2x5@70kg

RDLs
    8@60kg
    3x6@80kg

Split Squats
    3x5@50kg

DB Bench
    10@20kg
    2x10@24kg

Pendlay Rows
    10@50kg
    10@60kg

The bench thing at the start was cos one of the lads was doing stability bench with plates hanging on rubber bands so had to give that a go. Set the tone for doing stuff randomly the rest of the session.

The Plyos & Sprinting killed my legs. First time failing a 85kg powerclean in forever. Not even running 8km through forests and cycling around like Lance has caused that. They just had nothing in them at all tonight. I presume I'll adapt after a few weeks.

Advertisement