Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

GASMANN wrote: »
    speak for yourself brah, although when i call myself a weightlifter i whisper it to myself in a dark room, which is locked.

what are pood ?

Pood is the communist way of saying 16kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

not sure if thats a trick answer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

GASMANN wrote: »
    not sure if thats a trick answer

Its not.

Its actually an old Russian imperial measurement.
    Like British imperial has pounds and stone, russian imperial has funt and pood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

hmmm, i goin to address this tomorow when im less intoxicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

token wrote: »

GHR
    2x0.75 reps me bloody hamstrings
    4x6@thickest band in the place

Nahaha been there, done worse. 0.75 is good, I got about 0.25 the first time and the second time etc etc. Embarrassing piece of machinery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Monday 11th June

Clean Pull
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    2x3@90kg
    2x3@100kg
    2x3@110kg
    2@115kg
    1@120kg

Split Squat
    2x5@40kg
    2x5@50kg
    2x5@60kg right side only

RDL
    6@70kg
    3x6@85kg

Bulgarian Squat
    3x6@44kg

Considering I got couched again this weekend not too bad. I had planned body rows as well but my lats were lighting up during the clean pulls and then trying to hold on to RDLs so I left them.

Wrist is slightly improved so all going well I'll start back with the lifts on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Wrist is slightly improved so all going well I'll start back with the lifts on Monday.

Yeah well just make sure we, who peruse your log, don't have to hear Ms Supp say 'I told you so' for the next few months, please.

howtomake wrote: »
    Yeah well just make sure we, who peruse your log, don't have to hear Ms Supp say 'I told you so' for the next few months, please.

That would be bad for everyone.

Wednesday 13rd June

Powerclean
    2x3@60kg
    2x3@70kg
    2x2@80kg
    2x2@85kg
    2@90kg

Walking Lunge
    4 steps forward, 4 steps back
    2@40kg
    2@50kg
    2@55kg
    2@60kg

Snatch Pull
    2x3@60kg
    2x3@70kg
    2x3@80kg
    2x3@90kg

Messing about
    One handed powersnatches, then one handed split snatches.

Planks
    60s@50kg
    2x30s@50kg

A call out to Lillis but stupid blight cam garbled my voice. Bring it?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

F'ing Lillis has nothing on that Deegan!

• Advertisement

Frogdog wrote: »
    F'ing Lillis has nothing on that Deegan!

The f*cker was already ready for a challenge in the ridiculous

He has your number Deegan! You're going to have to do that one-handed the next night!

Friday 15th June

Clean Pull
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    2x3@80kg
    2x3@90kg
    2x3@100kg
    2x3@110kg
    2x2@115kg
    2x1@120kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    5@85kg
    5@90kg
    5@95kg
    5@100kg

Messing
    One handed split snatch up to 40kg, missed 45kg

Bulgarian Squats
    6@30kg
    6@40kg
    6@45kg
    6@50kg

GHR
    3x6@medium band

DB row
    5x5@40kg

Body Row
    3x6

Sunday 17th June

Sprints
    8x50m

I had planned krazyball stuff too afterwards but..meh.

Monday 18th June

Clean Pull
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    2x3@80kg
    2x3@90kg
    2x3@100kg
    2x3@110kg
    2x2@115kg
    2x1@120kg

Split Squat
    2x5@40kg
    2x5@50kg
    2x5@60kg right side only

Walking Lunge
    4 steps forward, 4 steps back
    1@40kg
    3@50kg

RDL
    6@60kg
    6@80kg
    2x6@90kg

Most depressed I've been at training in a good while /cries. I felt like going home the whole time but then I would have only been depressed watching the football. Lose Lose tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Most depressed I've been at training in a good while /cries

Will I book you in to my Zumba class tomorrow night? That'll cheer you up :D

supposedly wrote: »
    Will I book you in to my Zumba class tomorrow night? That'll cheer you up :D

http://tinyurl.com/cs76v4m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

No hope anymore just tears.

Wednesday 21st June

Back Squat
    5@50kg
    5@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@80kg
    3@90kg
    3@95kg
    3@100kg
    3@105kg
    3@110kg (4kg PB)
    3x3@100kg

Bulgarian Squats
    6@40kg
    2x6@50kg

Planks
    3x30s@50kg

GHR
    3x6@light-medium band (the purple one, well I think its light-medium)

Slightly less miserable today because of the squat pb. Though it's purely because I did them first and wasn't pre-fatigued from all the fun weightlifting stuff I can't do currently :(

GHRs are getting better as well though I'll stick with that band until I've built up some decent volume with it before moving down.

Thursday 22nd June

First meeting of 'Those who don't have functioning wrists and cant weightlift too good' took place at morton stadium

Sprints
    9x60m

Evil Abz Circuit
    Full of evil

I also got my wrist x-ray'd today. There may or may not be a bone out of place or some such. Some weirdness on the xray and they couldn't tell right away so they have to get a radiologist to look at it and get back to me tommorrow. I've been given a splint to wear until I hear back incase there is something wrong.

• Advertisement

Weekend

Surfing*
    2x2hrs

Regularly learn and play new sports. brah.

*heavily taped wrist

I either ate or drank something dodgy there on Saturday night and was up all night wretchedly sick. I didn't eat for about 36 hours then until now. I'll probably still attempt to train later though.

Monday 25th June

Back Squat
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    5@90kg
    5@95kg

NOPE!

It was ambitious to try train today in the end. I had planned on going to 105kg but I started feeling sick from 80kg.

On the positive side there's nothing bone wise wrong with my wrist and it's actually improved a lot since Friday. I managed a spot of empty bar work after sitting down for 30 minutes after the squats. The plan now is to keep up the ice, vitamin-I for another week then strap up on Monday and attempt openers for Leinsters* If I can manage to do that I'll do the comp.

*only if I can do it pain free before supposedly comes at me with a golf club

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

*only if I can do it pain free before supposedly comes at me with a golf club

Golf club isn't my style. I'm more likely to gloat that my snatch is bigger than yours when you're too injured to lift ;)

Wednesday 27th June

Split Snatch
    a load of triples @ 40kg

Powersnatch
    Continuous Triples from below the knee x a million and three

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@80kg
    2@90kg
    1@100kg
    1@105kg
    1@110kg
    1xf@115kg

Box Jerks
    Up to a few doubles @ 60kg

I wasn't up to much tonight either still run down after the weekend. I wrapped up the wrist and tried it out a bit. Brain is still cautious so I caught the snatches maintaining hook and taking the weight in the fleshy area between thumb and index finger. I don't think this will work at heavy weights. The jerks started to pinch so I stopped.

I'm off again for the weekend so not training again until Monday. Which will be openers night. It's still up in the air whether wrist will manage the weights. Probably manage a snatch but not sure about C&J.

Believe in yourself! You can do it champ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

I keep the hook the whole time, releasing it does bad things to my wrists.

Monday 2nd June

Testing openers on my dodge wrist

Split Snatch
    up to 75kg for two singles

Powerclean & Jerk
    up to 95kg, took two attempts

Back Squat
    up to 115kg

My wrist started getting pissy around 65kg on the snatch but I continued anyway it wasn't a STOP RIGHT NOW pain. It was heavily wrapped so I wasn't going into full extension. Once I finished lifting it wasn't too bad and doesn't feel much worse now than it did before I lifted.

Anyway happy enough with the numbers given the lack of training and quantity of boozing as of late. Strength is down a bit alright since nationals but I'm getting under the split snatches better than I was then so I still might weasel a PB there. Unlikely on C&J.

Wednesday 4th June

Good God. I thought my right glute and upper hamstring were gonna tear off tonight. A few 'heavy' snatches has given me rhabdo of the ass. I'm so de conditioned at the moment.

Split Snatch
    Up to a few singles @ 50kg didn't go heavier because^^

Powerclean & Jerk
    up to one single @ 80kg

Hmm. I don't know what the plan for Saturday is. I'm gonna put down low openers and see how the warmup goes since I could lift reasonably well or very very sh*t. Hard to know. Probably the second one.

Leinsters 2012

BW 76.1kg

Snatch
    80 (1kg pb)

Clean & Jerk
    98x
    100x

80/94
    Strength is down a bit alright since nationals but I'm getting under the split snatches better than I was then so I still might weasel a PB there. Unlikely on C&J.

Comp review is pretty much this. I felt weak in the warmups so took 70kg opener on snatch instead of planned bump to 75kg but I've got the split snatch down now and I'm getting under the bar properly so managed the 80kg even though it felt really heavy.

Clean and jerks didn't go so well though with the strength levels down. Ah well. Not too bothered though happy with the snatch and finally getting that bloody 80kg that has been eluding me for ages.

My wrist should be 100% better by the time I start training again in a weeks time. I'll just have to wrap it for lifting for a month or two. I'm expecting to hit 85kg on the snatch very soon once I get back training properly and get strength levels back up and over what they were before the wrist injury. If I don't get it by Cork in October I'm giving up. Splitty split clean should be ready for Cork also and I'll have completed my full transformation to hipster smug lifter.

• Advertisement

Monday 16th July

I was getting fat and losing my muscles last week with too much schnitzel, currywurst and numerous forms of alcoholic beverages so no training until now.

Powersnatch
    up to 3x2@60kg

Powerclean
    up to 3x2@80kg

Clean Pulls
    3x3@90kg

Back Squat
    2x5@60kg
    2x5@70kg
    2x5@80kg

Operation 'don't die from doms once proper training recommences' in effect. Doesn't have much ring to it but that'll be the jist of this weeks and possible next weeks programming.

Cork is 14 weeks away. Wayne says we'll either do a 10 or 12 week program for that with 4 days a week if I want it. I'll probably go for 4 days because I'm sick of drinking at this stage. Now I can train properly again after wrist strain I'm motivated to put the effort in again and stop dicking about.

Advertisement