Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Basq wrote: »
    Oh, and catching up on Fringe.
    blasphemous to be falling behind on such a great show:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,824 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pne thing that got me about this episode was the fact John kept turning up just in time to save the Analyst and he kept running away. If someone was stopping me form being killed, I'd probably stick with him.

And was Finch's fiancee your one from True Blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pne thing that got me about this episode was the fact John kept turning up just in time to save the Analyst and he kept running away. If someone was stopping me form being killed, I'd probably stick with him.

And was Finch's fiancee your one from True Blood?

I think so. Isn't she in the Good Wife as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

writhen wrote: »
    I think so. Isn't she in the Good Wife as well?

just listeing to him on the nerdist http://www.nerdist.com/2012/05/nerdist-podcast-michael-emerson/

she's his wife in real life!

and she played his mother on lost! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0696387/board/nest/73737497

• Registered Users Posts: 85,151 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source Digital Spy

Person of Interest will air on Channel 5 in the UK.
    The broadcaster has picked up the rights to the CBS action-drama, which stars Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson.
    The show follows former CIA agent Reese (Caviezel) and enigmatic billionaire Finch (Emerson) as they fight crime in New York with the help of a machine that can predict the future.
    Channel 5's head of acquisitions Katie Keenan has described the drama as a "dark mix of cops, corruption and crime".
    Person of Interest will debut in the UK in July

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source Digital Spy

Person of Interest will air on Channel 5 in the UK.
    The broadcaster has picked up the rights to the CBS action-drama, which stars Jesus Christ and Benjamin Linus.
    The show follows former CIA agent Reese (Christ) and enigmatic billionaire Finch (Linus) as they fight crime in New York with the help of a machine that can predict the future.
    Channel 5's head of acquisitions Katie Keenan has described the drama as a "dark mix of cops, corruption and crime".
    Person of Interest will debut in the UK in July
    FYP LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

What an episode!

So that was the hacker, FBI and HR storylines. Elias and John's former partner are the only other 2 storylines, aren't they?

That was the season finale? Reason I ask is because at the end it had the "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Great ending, I wonder
    who or what was on the phone?
    The only criticism I could make is that I felt that episode was a little cluttered but that's the only complaint I have.

I wonder how many seasons they can get out of this though. They've revealed a lot about Finch & Reese already.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So that was the hacker, FBI and HR storylines. Elias and John's former partner are the only other 2 storylines, aren't they?

That was the season finale? Reason I ask is because at the end it had the "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" line

yeah seemed a bit odd it said stay tuned, i cant find any mention of a 24th ep anywhere,

well the hacker storyline will still run next year id say, as will the FBI/CIA one, some of the higher ups that fusco knew are gone but it doesn't mean HR is dead,

it was a great episode, im happy that carter and fusco finally found out they were both working for john and harold, im a bit unhappy that yerone was killed by root though, she seemed like she could have had a good storyline next year, seemed kinda odd building her up only to kill her before anything major came of her,

all in all a great debut season, and if not for homeland this would be my top new show this season,

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    well the hacker storyline will still run next year id say
    Means more Amy Acker which is not a bad thing. :D

There's also the storyline about what happened Finch's former partner after selling the machine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so the machine was...? huh what happened at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

ZOMG best episode yet. This show just keeps getting better. And Amy Acker - bonus!! The hotel chase sequence was outstanding, great tension in it.

EP 23 was the season finale - boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Yakuza wrote: »
    ZOMG best episode yet. This show just keeps getting better. And Amy Acker - bonus!! The hotel chase sequence was outstanding, great tension in it.

EP 23 was the season finale - boo!

Am I the only person who thinks that Amy Acker (had no clue of her name until now) is irritating and somewhat grating to watch and listen to?

To me, her addition to the cast is a definite negative

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks that Amy Acker (had no clue of her name until now) is irritating and somewhat grating to watch and listen to?
    Yep, you are. :p (joke)

I suppose I'm a fan from her days as Fred in Angel, as most who like her probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭squonk

I never watched Angel and really only came to know her from PoI this week. I think she'll definitely by my Person Of Interest next season... boom boom!

Great episode! I really loved the piece with Reese and Fusco and the other cop chasing the guys in the car where Reese detonated the bomb! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Great episode,it's not often a series comes along with such a simple premise that manages to keep you hooked & looking forward to the next episode.

so the machine was...? huh what happened at the end.
    john told the machine harold was in trouble, and it was the machines fault, so the machine contacted john by phone,

don ramo wrote: »
    john told the machine harold was in trouble, and it was the machines fault, so the machine contacted john by phone,

That bit I actually found a bit hard to take! I really hope this isn't the big Jump the Shark moment for PoI. I assume that the 'machine' is an operator of some sort? The fact that John wasn't even talking into a phone but to a surveillance camera was a bit silly IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

No, it’s been repeatedly stated that the machine is completely autonomous with no human intervention whatsoever as that’s the only way of keeping it from being used for bad things by the government so that rules out any human operators.

As far as speaking into a CCTV camera goes, well this is a machine thats capable of monitoring any form of communication in real-time so speaking to the camera isn’t exactly “out there” – in fact previous scenes showed the machine POV monitoring Harold & John on the street via CCTV and we hear what they say. On top of that the machine has previously demonstrated an interest in keeping the administrators safe so it makes sense that it would be willing to assist someone whos attempting to save the administrator. My guess is this is exactly the sort of contingency Harold mentioned in a previous episode should anything happen to him.

• Advertisement

Also as we've also seen the machine assesses risks to itself and so with Finch being taken, that's a risk it'll want to resolve.

Those are good points but I'm starting to get a whiff of Lost at this point which is making me edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I wasn't so sure about this show at the beginning, but I just did the last 4 episodes in a row and I'm into it now. It's starting to get interesting, whereas before it felt too MOTW for me and didn't seem to be going anywhere. I still think Caviezel is overacting it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Who Knew?

Just finished up watching it tonight. What a season. It's definitely up there with my favourite TV shows this year. Can't wait for the second season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The Season 2 Premiere of Person of Interest will be called "The Contingency"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The Season 2 Premiere of Person of Interest will be called "The Contingency"
    Had a look around for a "when" and the best I can find is September.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Channel 5 have started to air it now.Episode 1 was on already but 5 USA are repeating it tonight @ 11.10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Has anybody bought this on the UK iTunes Store?

Do the episodes have Dolby 5.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Catching up with this while on holidays.

Great show.. but Caviezel is still dreadful.

Emerson is superb as always (particularly episode 19 when he's on E) but Caviezel ,it's almost like he have got lost somewhere between auditioning for Liam Neeson in Taken and Batman.

Carter and Fusco are both good.. despite Reese's constantly referencing Fusco's shady past despite how much he has helped them.

Great show.. but c'mon Caviezel, let's tone it down a tad in season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Basq wrote: »
    Catching up with this while on holidays.

Great show.. but Caviezel is still dreadful.

Emerson is superb as always (particularly episode 19 when he's on E) but Caviezel ,it's almost like he have got lost somewhere between auditioning for Liam Neeson in Taken and Batman.

Carter and Fusco are both good.. despite Reese's constantly referencing Fusco's shady past despite how much he has helped them.

Great show.. but c'mon Caviezel, let's tone it down a tad in season 2.

I actually though Caveziel was great, he played the character exactly how it should have been done.

Advertisement