Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Heckler wrote: »
    Just watched the first 2 episodes. It's ok and i'll keep watching but a couple of things bug me and I know i'm being picky but............

1. Finch (a billionaire who could fund his own army) expects Reese to do his bidding but because he doesn't like guns Reese has to go out a rob an arms deal.

2. Reese shooting all the bad guys in the leg, even in a six on one. I know he's not adverse to killing someone but c'mon. Its like the A-team when they blow up a car and the next shot shows all the occupants crawling out coughing and spluttering.

Maybe I expect too much after Jack Bauer killing the crap outta everyone.

You should watch a few more episodes, and probably watch the first two again.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm up to 12 episodes now and, while I admit, I didn't like it at first; I'm totally sucked in now. I still think Caviezel is a bit hammy, but he is growing on me (slightly)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's a fun show alright - no weak episodes at all. It's kept a pretty consistent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Wow I should have gone one more episode last night (although if I did I wouldn't have gotten any sleep!); episode 13 seems to be somewhat of a game-changer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The ratings get more impressive week after week, i think this show is a case of word of mouth, it started off sluggish...ratings wise, in fact there was a question for the first five episodes or so if the show would survive.

But now, it's a monster hit and guaranteed a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm getting into it more and more myself. I wasn't sure early on. I don't know why, I just couldn't take it too seriously and I think Emmerson and Karate Jesus took a bit of getting used to. Really liking it now however.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One of the best shows out there atm.Latest episode was excellent and gives us more to look forward to in the future.

I bet RTE will pick this up and show it at 1am so nobody will see it and miss out on a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I think Fusco is a great character, don't know the actors name but he was brilliant in Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I tapped out on this one after a few eps. Maybe 5. I enjoyed it and liked both characters but I found it to be a bit bland and each ep was the same with just a different "target".

I might go back in the summer when there is a lull in the normal TV schedule.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 2 renewal coming today!!!!!!!...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so officially renewed http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/14/cbs-renews-good-wife/
    but still no info of when its coming over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

so officially renewed http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/14/cbs-renews-good-wife/
    but still no info of when its coming over here?
    who cares, its 2012:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

don ramo wrote: »
    who cares, its 2012:D:D:D:D
    trying to recommend it to someone who wouldn't be into that sort of thing

trying to recommend it to someone who wouldn't be into that sort of thing
    well i deffinately wouldnt recommend breaking bad to them, theyll be well pissed when they find out one of the best shows ever isnt shown anywhere over here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I watched the first three episodes and am going to catch up on the show over the summer when exams are done. It was pretty good so looking forward to getting back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,193 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

New episode was on Thursday. Watched it today.

Seeing Finch high on E was funny. I liked the last scene where Reese brings Finch home, then doesn't take advantage of his suddenly talkative friend!

v50aJ.gif

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    New episode was on Thursday. Watched it today.

Seeing Finch high on E was funny. I liked the last scene where Reese brings Finch home, then doesn't take advantage of his suddenly talkative friend!

Finch lets something slip at the end though,he calls John by his real first name.;)

Latest episode was excellent,
    Elias taking on & killing the mafia dons with Carter & Fusco trapped while trying to protect the remaining 3.A big surprise in store for HR in the episode also.

this show just goes from strength to strength, even though he got locked up elias is still calling the shots, it seems like he may be working for someone that could be bigger again,

also i know you need to cut shows a bit of slack at times, but the way the cops abandoned carter was a bit much, your hardly gonna get away which such gross insubordination

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

...but the way the cops abandoned carter was a bit much, your hardly gonna get away which such gross insubordination
    They were probably just going to circle the block and assumed she'd be dead by the time they got back so they could then say they were there the whole time but were unable to save her.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

zerks wrote: »
    Finch lets something slip at the end though,he calls John by his real first name.;)

Don't think he called him by his real name, I think he called him by his dead business partners name, Nathan, right?

• Advertisement

Latest episode was excellent,revealed some more of Reese's backstory and a twist that tbh I didn't see coming.

zerks wrote: »
    Latest episode was excellent,revealed some more of Reese's backstory and a twist that tbh I didn't see coming.
    saw it coming a mile away, but i liked it anyway, but is she gonna team up with Resse or is she trying to get back in the game with the CIA, also i am assuming that Resse left the CIA after that mission and that's probably the reason their looking for him, thinking he has the laptop,

hard to believe this is still only in its first season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

saw it coming a mile away, but i liked it anyway, but is she gonna team up with Resse or is she trying to get back in the game with the CIA, also i am assuming that Resse left the CIA after that mission and that's probably the reason their looking for him, thinking he has the laptop,

hard to believe this is still only in its first season :D

Didn't they assume that he was dead in the missile attack, and realised that he wasn't after his prints showed when he started working for Finch?:confused:

When the CIA guys showed up originally, didn't they tell Carter that Reese had killed someone? I can't remember who the someone was, whether it was his partner in China, or whether it was his girlfriend.:o

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Didn't they assume that he was dead in the missile attack, and realised that he wasn't after his prints showed when he started working for Finch?:confused:

When the CIA guys showed up originally, didn't they tell Carter that Reese had killed someone? I can't remember who the someone was, whether it was his partner in China, or whether it was his girlfriend.:o
    yeah they probably did assume he was dead, he obviously couldn't return after that knowing he be taken out on sight,

don't recall what they said, but the jist was he was dangerous and carter should keep them informed,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,193 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a fantastic episode this week. That was some of the best TV I have watched in a while. Superb stuff.

I wasn't a fan of Jim Caviezel as Reese after the first few episodes. But he has grown on me since then and his performance this week was teriffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What a fantastic episode this week. That was some of the best TV I have watched in a while. Superb stuff.

I wasn't a fan of Jim Caviezel as Reese after the first few episodes. But he has grown on me since then and his performance this week was teriffic.

This is one of the best shows I've seen in a while. I only heard about it at the start of the year, so I was able to see about 10 episodes in succession, and have been craving each new episode as it came out. This and last weeks' episodes have been utterly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

ejmaztec wrote: »

I got the impression that he'd been working solo prior to meeting Finch just taking out known bad guys all over the world as a kind of penance for everything he'd done for the CIA, they indicated very early on that his prints had been found at numerous crime scenes, and they were mostly murders. Isn't that how Finch became aware of him in the first place? May have taken that up wrong, and I don't understand how a homeless guy can afford international airfare, but then the homlessness thing could have as easily been a place to hide as anything else. I assumed they knew he was alive before Finch employed him, they just couldn't find him. Now he's sticking his head up over the parapet a bit more often and he appears to be working out of NYC so he's a more trackable target.

The CIA did indicate he'd killed his partner, but implied that they were very close, possibly bumpin' uglies close.

Have to say, it's formulaic as hell but I do love this show. It's kind of like what Quantum Leap would have been if they'd sent Jason Bourne off to right wrongs instead of some tree hugging religion teacher. "I've shot 10 men in the knee, rammed my truck into a prisoner transfer vehicle and threatened a high ranking politician with evidence of corruption. Why haven't I leaped?". Sure, it's predictable, but that's half the fun. You know he's going to have to solve the problem with a shoot out. They know it. But the build up is half the fun. The Plan B bag gag was great.

Re: Breaking Bad mentioned a few posts ago, TnaG picked it up about 3 weeks ago, it's running from Season 1 on a thursday night, 9 or 10ish I think.

Re Banjo's post,the penultimate episode was a bit like watching a Bourne movie,with spies,government kill teams & a couple of hand to hand fights between Reese & govt. assasins.

The show has gotten stronger the longer it's gone on,the introduction of shady CIA,NSA & FBI characters has added to the show.On the one hand I'm looking forward to the final episode just to see what happens yet I'll miss it until season 2 airs.

this show has seeped its way into one of my favorite shows since its started, they started the show off well and have done a great job adding all the other moving parts to the show,

its not even finished yet and i cant wait for season 2:),

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I haven't watched any since the pilot so after hearing such great reports, it's being worked into my summer shows, along with Suits. Oh, and catching up on Fringe.

Advertisement