Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will actually happen in 2012 !!! Mayan teachings

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Like what? You have to be clear what you are referring to or the reader will have no idea what you mean. If what follows is a quote from another source, perhaps it would be helpful to indicate where your text stops and the quote starts?
    If you mean in the way you describe above (by means of rising ocean levels) at a rate of half a centimetre a year, Mount Fuji will sink beneath the waves in 755,000 years.

It could happen in a hundred and one or more different ways.
    Volcano tsunami could sink southern Italy 'at any time'

Europe's largest undersea volcano could disintegrate and unleash a tsunami that would engulf southern Italy "at any time", a prominent volcanologist has warned.

The Marsili volcano, which is bursting with magma, has "fragile walls" that could collapse, Enzo Boschi told the daily newspaper Corriere della Sera.
    "It could even happen tomorrow," said Mr Boschi, president of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/7535373/Volcano-tsunami-could-sink-southern-Italy-at-any-time.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

caseyann wrote: »
    It could happen in a hundred and one or more different ways.
    Volcano tsunami could sink southern Italy 'at any time'

Europe's largest undersea volcano could disintegrate and unleash a tsunami that would engulf southern Italy "at any time", a prominent volcanologist has warned.

The Marsili volcano, which is bursting with magma, has "fragile walls" that could collapse, Enzo Boschi told the daily newspaper Corriere della Sera.
    "It could even happen tomorrow," said Mr Boschi, president of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/7535373/Volcano-tsunami-could-sink-southern-Italy-at-any-time.html
    Italy (or Japan) being hit by a tsunami is not the same as 'sinking beneath the sea'. A tsunami is a big wave. If the land is still more-or-less where it was, then I don't think you can say it has disappeared. There is the interesting possibility that a chunk of Sendai has sunk to sea-level, but it will be quite a while before the rest of Japan could follow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

If there is an apocalypse in 2012 , this will happen in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGB7FjoofM&feature=feedlik

so expect pizza adds , people smiling and happy , but no news , absolutely no news whatsoever .

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

So if something happens in 2012, we won't hear about it. Seems like a nice way of not having to admit that the prediction was incorrect when absolutely nothing happens. it's a win/win.

espinolman wrote: »
    If there is an apocalypse in 2012 , this will happen in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGB7FjoofM&feature=feedlik

so expect pizza adds , people smiling and happy , but no news , absolutely no news whatsoever .
    Sure if you're going to die, you might as well die laughing or having a good pizza :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

we will b hit with a huge fireball from the sun wiping out us all .for it all to happen over again some can survive if you know what to do..its just a cycle that happens every 26,000 years thats what the mayan calander refers to..want to stock up on supplies and head to the nearest caves IF it does happen!!dont want to be burned alive but sure it will be a quick death anyway ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

we will b hit with a huge fireball from the sun wiping out us all .for it all to happen over again some can survive if you know what to do..its just a cycle that happens every 26,000 years thats what the mayan calander refers to..want to stock up on supplies and head to the nearest caves IF it does happen!!dont want to be burned alive but sure it will be a quick death anyway ha!also we will only have one hour warning before the fire wave hits not alot eh?glad i live beside some caves

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

We will have to wait and see what happens..... I think if some thing does happen it will be a slow process and not just one big bang. The Myans the Egyptians the Irish.... they were all correct "the world is going to end"....... someday.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

jay93 wrote: »
    we will b hit with a huge fireball from the sun wiping out us all .for it all to happen over again some can survive if you know what to do..its just a cycle that happens every 26,000 years thats what the mayan calander refers to..want to stock up on supplies and head to the nearest caves IF it does happen!!dont want to be burned alive but sure it will be a quick death anyway ha!also we will only have one hour warning before the fire wave hits not alot eh?glad i live beside some caves

Thankfully none of this can happen. The Sun cannot, and does not, send "fireballs" or "fire waves" towards Earth or anywhere else for that matter. The lack of scientific understanding on this thread knows no bounds.

Italy (or Japan) being hit by a tsunami is not the same as 'sinking beneath the sea'. A tsunami is a big wave. If the land is still more-or-less where it was, then I don't think you can say it has disappeared. There is the interesting possibility that a chunk of Sendai has sunk to sea-level, but it will be quite a while before the rest of Japan could follow it.

Apparently this was videoed in Japan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzrhEv9CweQ&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

MRPRO03 wrote: »

How do you people find this stuff so fast? Do you spend your lives hunting it down.Or do you actually study in this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

How do you people find this stuff so fast? Do you spend your lives hunting it down.Or do you actually study in this area?

LOL, I have seen quite a few documentaries about earthquakes, and this process usually pops up in them.

There was a lot about liquefaction in the news at the time of the Kobe earthquake, it was one of the reasons the damage/loss of life was so great. It's an especially serious problem on reclaimed land as much of Kobe was, as the earth basically turns into liquid and everything collapses. Also I used to read the encyclopaedias at home on rainy days when I was a kid :p

Edit: example here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KqlAMWMjOE

MRPRO03 wrote: »
    LOL, I have seen quite a few documentaries about earthquakes, and this process usually pops up in them.

I always miss them damn programme's :mad:
    Interesting stuff i will keep my eyes open for them.Whats the best channel?
    There was a lot about liquefaction in the news at the time of the Kobe earthquake, it was one of the reasons the damage/loss of life was so great. It's an especially serious problem on reclaimed land as much of Kobe was, as the earth basically turns into liquid and everything collapses. Also I used to read the encyclopedias at home on rainy days when I was a kid :p
    I have such a fast paced life i dont get to do much listening anymore.
    I had the big red encyclopaedia's :D I enjoyed reading them on rainy days,and lets face it there was alot.But with fast paced life, i have all but forgotten the stuff i read.:(
    Interesting i must read more on that.

Advertisement