Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will actually happen in 2012 !!! Mayan teachings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Carra23 wrote: »
    Interesting that, what website did you get that from ? sorry not the youtube vide obviously the txt didn quote for some reason, I meant the txt where did that come from ?

The text was underneath the video , with this link :
    http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.solarstormwarning.com%2F&session_token=bvg2vzixK5um2fx2nckuWMYBpqp8MTI5OTk2NDcxMQ%3D%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

espinolman wrote: »
    Q: Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?
    A: Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

from http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Ba ba boom... for every action theres a reaction.... I will take it all with a pinch of salt so..... was gettin ready to stock up on the evian there for a minute :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Volcanoes , earthquakes , tsunamis i was expecting all this , this month , its no surprise at all to me .
    Why can't other people see .
    What is wrong with them !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Volcanoes , earthquakes , tsunamis i was expecting all this , this month , its no surprise at all to me .

Perhaps you should have warned them....

Are the poles still going to shift on March 15th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Didn't think of warning the Japanese so? Funny how people always say they predicted these things after the events have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Didn't think of warning the Japanese so? Funny how people always say they predicted these things after the events have happened.

I think you will find they wrote them before,but brushed off as rubbish and only come to light after the fact that they predicted it.
    And lets face it what government is going to listen to anyone if they did warn them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

caseyann wrote: »
    I think you will find they wrote them before,but brushed off as rubbish and only come to light after the fact that they predicted it.
    And lets face it what government is going to listen to anyone if they did warn them?

But he never gave a time, date or location for any of his "predictions".
    So yea, it was brushed off as rubbish. As is this new claim that he did predict anything.

A prediction doesn't come after the fact.

King Mob wrote: »
    But he never gave a time, date or location for any of his "predictions".
    So yea, it was brushed off as rubbish. As is this new claim that he did predict anything.

A prediction doesn't come after the fact.

I am not talking about that person you are talking about.I mean other predictions that were put out there and people are then oh but was just a guess.

I am not talking about that person you are talking about.I mean other predictions that were put out there and people are then oh but was just a guess.
    So can you point to a single prediction that actually includes time, location and any other specifics?

• Advertisement

So can you point to a single prediction that actually includes time, location and any other specifics?

Sorry i am not a huge predictions fan and dont go looking for them.

Sorry i am not a huge predictions fan and dont go looking for them.
    So then which predictions were you referring to?

Maybe they are always brushed of as nonsense because they are too vague to predict anything with any accuracy, and when they do get specific they fail?

So then which predictions were you referring to?

Maybe they are always brushed of as nonsense because they are too vague to predict anything with any accuracy, and when they do get specific they fail?

If anyone expects exact dates and times,when exact things happen of what they described.I dont know then not worth trying to convince are they?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/nostradamus-predictions-that-came-true.html

Here have a go through that see what you think.Hundreds of years predictions previous good enough for you?

The penultimate of the surname of Prophet
    Will take Diana [Thursday] for his day and rest:
    He will wander because of a frantic head,
    And delivering a great people from subjection." (Century 2, Quatrain 28)

If anyone expects exact dates and times,when exact things happen of what they described.I dont know then not worth trying to convince are they?
    So if it doesn't contain any specific information whatsoever, how can it be a prediction?
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/nostradamus-predictions-that-came-true.html

Here have a go through that see what you think.Hundreds of years predictions previous good enough for you?

The penultimate of the surname of Prophet
    Will take Diana [Thursday] for his day and rest:
    He will wander because of a frantic head,
    And delivering a great people from subjection." (Century 2, Quatrain 28)
    You honestly think that's a prediction?

So if it doesn't contain any specific information whatsoever, how can it be a prediction?

You honestly think that's a prediction?

It looks like one yes.If you dont your decision to believe or not.

It looks like one yes.If you dont your decision to believe or not.
    But it doesn't actually refer to any of the stuff that site is saying it does.
    It can be interpreted however you like to predict anything you like.

It's my decision alright, and I use basic common sense to make that decision.

But it doesn't actually refer to any of the stuff that site is saying it does.
    It can be interpreted however you like to predict anything you like.

It's my decision alright, and I use basic common sense to make that decision.

Good for you!

On November 2, 2011, a large amount of the Greenland ice sheet will slide into the Atlantic. The tsunami will devastate the east coast of North America. Ocean levels will rise 11 inches. Then, the Ross Ice Shelf will collapse allowing large amounts of land based ice to slide into the Antarctic Ocean. In total, the ocean will rise 19 inched before the end of 2011.

Here is one for the future for you :D sink your teeth in :p

Good for you!

On November 2, 2011, a large amount of the Greenland ice sheet will slide into the Atlantic. The tsunami will devastate the east coast of North America. Ocean levels will rise 11 inches. Then, the Ross Ice Shelf will collapse allowing large amounts of land based ice to slide into the Antarctic Ocean. In total, the ocean will rise 19 inched before the end of 2011.

Here is one for the future for you :D sink your teeth in :p

Oh don't worry there is plenty of failed and going to fail predictions littered around this forum. No need to add another.

Oh don't worry there is plenty of failed and going to fail predictions littered around this forum. No need to add another.

Yellowstone will experience a small eruption by Yellowstone standards as a result of the vibrations caused by a large quake in Japan early in the year that destabalize the magma chamber. The ash plume will lay up to 8 inches of ash over the heartland of North America. Scientists will become concerned about Yellowstone in mid November. Yellowstone will erupt Christmas Day. By January 1st, 2012, millions will struggle to live as winter cold sets in.

And more for you to wait and see if it happens.

Yellowstone will experience a small eruption by Yellowstone standards as a result of the vibrations caused by a large quake in Japan early in the year that destabalize the magma chamber. The ash plume will lay up to 8 inches of ash over the heartland of North America. Scientists will become concerned about Yellowstone in mid November. Yellowstone will erupt Christmas Day. By January 1st, 2012, millions will struggle to live as winter cold sets in.

And more for you to wait and see if it happens.

So any basis for these predictions or are you just being factitious?

• Advertisement

So any basis for these predictions or are you just being factitious?

I just want you to have some predictions which i personally hope are very wrong to sink your teeth into :D
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Edgar-Cayce-and-Nostradamus-Predictions-2011

Planet Earth will fight back against short-sighted humans in ways predicted and in ways unimagined. Global warming will hit the tipping point in 2011. There is no going back now. Antarctic ice shelves and Greenland will melt and slide into the ocean. In a few years the arctic will be ice free in the summer.

2011 is the first year of the largest el nino Earth will ever experience while humans inhabit the planet. Temperatures will spike eight degrees higher worldwide with China, Western Europe and North America shouldering the greatest heatwaves. Texas will break all heat records in the state. The Texas economy will suffer from 97 straight days above 100°F and 22 days above 118°F.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Looks like someone wants these predictions to come true, so she can gloat on boards.

I predict that if you jump in front of a moving train tomorrow, you won't survive. I also predict I will have another bowel movement before the evening is out. This prediction stuff is great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

I just want you to have some predictions which i personally hope are very wrong to sink your teeth into :D
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Edgar-Cayce-and-Nostradamus-Predictions-2011

Planet Earth will fight back against short-sighted humans in ways predicted and in ways unimagined. Global warming will hit the tipping point in 2011. There is no going back now. Antarctic ice shelves and Greenland will melt and slide into the ocean. In a few years the arctic will be ice free in the summer.

2011 is the first year of the largest el nino Earth will ever experience while humans inhabit the planet. Temperatures will spike eight degrees higher worldwide with China, Western Europe and North America shouldering the greatest heatwaves. Texas will break all heat records in the state. The Texas economy will suffer from 97 straight days above 100°F and 22 days above 118°F.

You've copied and pasted the above directly from a blog, whose sources I cannot determine. I'm interested to see if Cayce actually predicted anything as specific as what is claimed above, as to my knowledge his predictions were mostly vague and many didn't specify definite dates.

Btw, didn't he also predict that Japan would sink into the sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

This strikes me as one of those predictions than, given enough millions of years, may well be correct...I doubt there will be any humans around to see it happen though :)

You've copied and pasted the above directly from a blog, whose sources I cannot determine. I'm interested to see if Cayce actually predicted anything as specific as what is claimed above, as to my knowledge his predictions were mostly vague and many didn't specify definite dates.

I actually tried to find his predictions on line to see if they are in fact accurate but i cant find anything of his predictions that you dont have to buy.
    Most of these people who post them on blogs i am sure read them and study them for years before posting them,or they take them from people who have studied them for years.

Also i would consider what happened in Japan sinking into the sea analogy wouldn't you?It certainly looked like it did.

This strikes me as one of those predictions than, given enough millions of years, may well be correct...I doubt there will be any humans around to see it happen though :)

You hope there wont, if it means literally sinking into the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

A country on the pacific ring of fire that has a long and terrible history of tsunamis that gave us the word tsunami experiencing a tsunami?

They have evacuation plans for tsunamis ffs they're not exactly unexpected.

It's like predicting a volcanic eruption in Iceland. It's going to happen eventually.

You hope there wont, if it means literally sinking into the sea.
    But there's no (known) mechanism for this to happen, other than on a geological timescale. I'm not going to worry about the atmosphere catching fire either.

But there's no (known) mechanism for this to happen, other than on a geological timescale. I'm not going to worry about the atmosphere catching fire either.

I said if it means sinking into the sea literally like this!

Rises in sea levels over the last 10 years in the Bay of Bengal have concerned scientists at the School of Oceanographic Studies at the university.

Hazra said that since 2000, ocean levels in the bay have been rising at a rate of twelve-hundredths-of-an-inch per year, but in the past decade they’ve increased to about two-tenths-of-an-inch per year.
    New Moore Island isn’t the only island to have been reclaimed by the sea. In 1996, the nearby island of Lohachara sank into the sea, which forced its residents to relocate to the mainland.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96k2oN8jI4

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/289590#ixzz1GfrhayVE

Ah sure ok you knock it all down to rubbish and have no plan and worry about it if it happens :P

• Advertisement

I said if it means sinking onto the sea literally like this!
    Like what? You have to be clear what you are referring to or the reader will have no idea what you mean. If what follows is a quote from another source, perhaps it would be helpful to indicate where your text stops and the quote starts?
    Rises in sea levels over the last 10 years in the Bay of Bengal have concerned scientists at the School of Oceanographic Studies at the university.

Hazra said that since 2000, ocean levels in the bay have been rising at a rate of twelve-hundredths-of-an-inch per year, but in the past decade they’ve increased to about two-tenths-of-an-inch per year.
    New Moore Island isn’t the only island to have been reclaimed by the sea. In 1996, the nearby island of Lohachara sank into the sea, which forced its residents to relocate to the mainland.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96k2oN8jI4

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/289590#ixzz1GfrhayVE
    If you mean in the way you describe above (by means of rising ocean levels) at a rate of half a centimetre a year, Mount Fuji will sink beneath the waves in 755,000 years.

Advertisement