Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will actually happen in 2012 !!! Mayan teachings

Options
  • 06-03-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Teachings from the Maya traditions of Guatemala and southern Chiapas(Mexico)

The Maya people of Guatemala and southern Chiapas (Mexico) are well known for their cultural achievements, including great architecture, hieroglyphic writing and their knowledge of astrology and astronomy. In recent years, their advanced calendar systems have received a lot of attention, especially the so called “Long Count”, which is a period of 26,000 years which ends of December 21, 2012. Much of what has been published is written by researchers, scientists and others who are not Maya themselves, and many people consider the “end-date” of December 12, 2012 as “doomsday” and the end of the world. However the Maya themselves do not see it that way at all – for them this is the end of a time period, a transition from one time phase into another. Here is what they have to say about the time we live in today.

The Nimahaab, or Long Count, which will end on December 21, 2012, is one long macro cycle divided into five periods of 5,200 years each, for a total of 26,000 years. Each one of these five periods is know as an Ajaw.

Jun Ajaw –the First Sun or the First World of 5,200 years was governed by feminine energy, and the element fire. Jun Ajaw was a formation period. Fire played and important role, in both the survival and the development of human beings, as did Mother Earth , provider of nourishment during hunting, gathering and agricultural stages. This led to the worship of feminine deities as procreators and preservers of food and the knowledge needed for survival: weaving, social organization, worship and rituals of a magic-spiritual nature.

Cab Ajaw, the Second Sun or the Second World of 5,200 years was governed by masculine energy, or patriarchy, and the element earth. Cab Ajaw was a period of both economic and intellectual development. Agricultural techniques and architecture were perfected, ceremonial buildings and temples were constructed, and urban centers began to develop. Masculine deities were worshipped,

Oxib Ajaw , the Third Sun or Third World of 5,200 years was governed by feminine energy (manifestation of women) and the element air. Higher feminine deities were worshiped. Oxib Ajaw was a period of development of the mind and spirit. During this cycle, great advances wee made in the sciences of the psyche, art and astronomy. Mathematics developed further with the implementation of the number zero.

Kajib Ajaw, the Fourth Sun or Fourth World of 5,200 years, is the one we live in now and the one that will be ending on December 21, 2012. It has been governed by masculine energy and the element water. Kajib Ajaw has been a period of unification and interrelationship between city-states and a time when theocracy has reigned. Masculine energy and water have influenced the civilizations of this world and the diffusion of a culture that is highly developed technologically and spiritually. This period has been complicated, because material energy brings the power to dominate matter. In spite of incredible scientific and technological advancement, we have become victims of our own unconciousness. Rather then reflecting on ourselves and the world around us to attain wisdom, we are destroying our environment. We believe we are all powerful, we worship reason and materialism, and we have become slaves of our own marvelous innovations. We must stop and remember was is truly valuable or we are heading toward the destruction of Mother Earth and all of humanity.

In addition to the great cycles mentioned above, there are also other, much smaller cycles. The Maya had more then one calendar, the so-called Tiku’ cycles have to do with positive and negative energies that affect the planet. These are laid out in a calendar called “ The cycle of the Tiku’ is based of periods of 52 years, and is divided into two cycles. Oxalajuj Tiku’ is a cycle of 13 periods of 52 years each (=676 years).This is positive cycle for humanity, a time when harmony and knowledge prevail. Throughout history, when can see advances in the arts, sciences and knowledge when this cycle reigned. On the other hand, B’olom Tiku’ is a cycle of nine periods of 52 years each (=468 years), when negative energies prevail. It is governed by materialism, frivolity, a worship of the ego, and the mechanization of human beings. The biggest wars and greatest tribulations in human history have taken place during these periods. The last B’olom Tiku’ began with the conquest of the Americas on August 17, 1519, and ended on August 16, 1987

On August 17, 1987, a transitional period called Wayeb Tiku’ began and lasted for 5 years, ending on August 16, 1992. This transition was an adjustment period for the new cycle that will begin soon. During this transition, the Berlin Wall came down, the Soviet bloc fell, democracies began to take shape, and apartheid came to a end in South Africa.
    August 17, 1992, marked the beginning of a new Oxalajuj Tiku’ cycle, an interval of peace and harmony, when reason will rule and there will be a return to the natural order. Before we entered this period, however, there was a lapse of nine years, so so-called Alanem, or “gestation”. The Alanem ended on the night of August 16, 2001. During this gestational period several events would occur that would have an impact on humanity. If they occurred during the first 20 days of after the Alenem period, the earth cleansing would accelerate. If the events occurred during the second periods of twenty days, however, humanity would the able to minimize destructions. Fortunately, everything happed during the second group of twenty days, including the destruction of the Twin Towers and the confirmation of global warming on the polar ice caps.

We are now at the end of the Alanem and the end of Kajib Ajaw; the Fourth World. Since August 2001 a period of warnings or awareness has begun, and unless we take action, the destructive power of these events will only increase. We are living during a time when we will see mayor earthquakes, large volcanic eruptions, floods, hurricanes, tsunamis, radical climate change, and other natural disasters. These will be accompanied by plagues and epidemics such as AIDS, diabetes, and drug resistant infections. There will be wars and many other man-made disasters as we continue to participate in our won demise. This “purification” will end in September 2010 and will be followed by a period called “definition”, from September 23, 2010 to December 20,2012.

Contrary to what many people believe, the definition will not mean the end of the world. It will be a time of cleansing, when all of the garbage in our minds, all of our consumerism, will be cleared and replaced with a resurgence of true spirituality and a renewed respect for ourselves and everyone else on this planet. We will learn to tale advantage without allowing it to consume us.

Finally. The famous date of December 21, 2012, is the start of a new cycle called Job Ajaw, or the Fifth Sun (the fifth world). This new era will be ushered in by the solar meridian crossing the galactic equator and the earth aligning with the center of the galaxy. At sunrise on December 21, 2012, for the first time in 26,000 years the sun will rise to intersect with the Milky Way and the place of the ecliptic. This cosmic cross, traced in the sky, Tree of Live (for the Mayas the Ceiba Tree) , is known to all of the world’s spiritual traditions. Our grandfathers call this “the return to the beginning”.
    In the fifth world, it is important to note that neither the feminine nor the masculine will be supreme, but that the two energies will be equally balanced. The two will support one another, and the qualities in one will elevate the qualities in the other. The element will be ether, which combines the other four elements on a higher level. Fire, Earth, Air and Water will act together in a subtle manifestation, activating full consciousness in Mother Earth and humanity. The hope is that it will b a cycle of mental and spiritual growth.

It is important to know that things will not change automatically on this date. It all depends on what happens to us in the meantime, at the end of the Fourth Sun. Much of humanity could disappear if we fail to become aware and take action during this preamble period of disasters.

We are now faced with a real opportunity to reach the next level, which is not Fire, Earth, Air nor Water, nor a time of polar opposites (hot/cold, light/dark, feminine/masculine, day/night), but a time when things will work together in harmony. Once this cycle is established, there will be unity between men and women, and between human beings and Mother Earth.

Ether will be added to the original four elements. Ether activates and synchronizes the essence of the other four elements so they can bear fruit, enabling us to once again become like the first humans: with our sight encompassing the whole earth, we will travel the universe in our thoughts and have the power to present ourselves to the Great Spirit.

We can indeed achieve this balance and bring humanity to a new spiritual level. I hope you will now have a better understanding of what the end of the Long Count of the Maya People really means.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

wow.how long did that take to type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

The Mayans didn't manage to predict the Europeans coming along and wiping them out, or manage to develop any science comparable to the Europeans, so I'd give their predictions less weight than a tinker's curse to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

The Mayans didn't manage to predict the Europeans coming along and wiping them out, or manage to develop any science comparable to the Europeans, so I'd give their predictions less weight than a tinker's curse to be honest.

they're not necessarily any predictions but mere observations
    no mayan ever said the world would end
    no mayan ever said JFK would be killed by a guy hiding behind a fence
    no mayan ever suggested that spain would invade central america in the 10th century and spend almost 200 years trying to gain control of their civilisation and eventually succeed

they did however say that between 1033A.D. and 1519A.D. that it would be a destructive cycle when negative energies prevail. that is governed by materialism, frivolity, a worship of the ego, and the mechanization of human beings. The biggest wars and greatest tribulations in human history have taken place during this period ending on August 17, 1519

they merely stated that the planet would go through some extreme ''cycles'' of harmony and destruction
    and 21/december 2012 is the beginning of a 5200 year 'harmony' cycle

and in regards to science
    they basically were the first people to acknowledge the stars and planets and kind of understand what was going on up there and realize it effects us on more ways then high and low tides

It's all nonsense.

1. What did they base these observations on?
    2. What mechanism makes these observations correct?

Once you deal with these two issues without referring to 'energy fields' or 'spirit realms' or similar nonsense, then we may have something to discuss.

By the way, the Mayans weren't the only ones coming out with that type of stuff, check out 'A Vision' by WB Yeats for his theory of historical gyres. It makes at least as much sense, and they can't both be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

and in regards to science
    they basically were the first people to acknowledge the stars and planets and kind of understand what was going on up there and realize it effects us on more ways then high and low tides

They got a few things right, so what? You think that the Mayans understood as much as we do today about how the universe works? No -- not even close. So why would you value anything factual that they claim (such as when the world starts/ends/whatever)?

The average secondary school student today is infinitely more knowledgeable than the most knowledgeable Mayan was.

For some reason people have a tendency to romanticise anything ancient, so you get this idea that those mystical Mayans from centuries ago have some sort of magical abilities that other humans don't. It's probably the same frame of mind that draws people to bullsh*t like acupuncture -- "oooh it's an ancient Chinese treatment!"

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    It's probably the same frame of mind that draws people to bullsh*t like acupuncture -- "oooh it's an ancient Chinese treatment!"
    At least you can test whether accupuncture works - how the hell could they have tested their theories of how the distant future would unfold (especially without a concept of science!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

It's all nonsense.

None of it is nonsense .
    You are so materialistic that you don't understand .

espinolman wrote: »
    None of it is nonsense .
    So the predictions in the Egyptian Book of the Dead are also true? And the Book of Revelations is true? And all the other doomsday myths are true?

Or is it only the Mayan predictions are true?

It's odd how they could predict the future but didn't get around to inventing the wheel. Perhaps that was too materialistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

None of it is nonsense .

What has "materialism" to do with it? And does material items include PC's?

fontanalis wrote: »
    What has "materialism" to do with it? And does material items include PC's?

There are those who believe the physical universe exists .

• Advertisement

Interesting point. I believe it exists - do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

That's an interesting comment, can you elaborate ? I have heard and read a little bit about this before but can't get my head around it , simply because if I run into a brick wall I know its gona hurt

Carra23 wrote: »
    simply because if I run into a brick wall I know its gona hurt
    Surely that is good evidence that the so-called 'physical universe' exists? On a lower plane, perhaps?

Carra23 wrote: »
    That's an interesting comment, can you elaborate ? I have heard and read a little bit about this before but can't get my head around it , simply because if I run into a brick wall I know its gona hurt

Its works sorta like a hypnotic suggestion that is fed continuously into you ,
    if you wake up out of it , you would see the world is an illusion , so the suggestion says something hurts and you feel it .
    Thats why man could prevent natural disasters that are happening if everyone woke up from the trance state , otherwise mankind will most likely become almost extinct .

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

The first post in this thread...do you agree with that, OP?
    I don't know what I believe myself. It's interesting to read these theories though, and I stumbled across that yesterday.

if you wake up out of it , you would see the world is an illusion , so the suggestion says something hurts and you feel it .
    Thats why man could prevent natural disasters that are happening if everyone woke up from the trance state , otherwise mankind will most likely become almost extinct .
    So somebody woke up and noticed that everybody else was hypnotised? And then what happened to them?

And who hypnotised us?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

How do we prevent the natural disasters? Will they stop, or will we just become invincible to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I'm not sure about preceding the natural disasters, but I think he means we could see/vision them occurring. A bit like how a lot of animals survived the tsunami in Thailand, they got as far away from the beaches as possible because they supposedly knew something was brewing.

there's things out there in the ether that we just have blinded ourselves from

bc dub wrote: »
    there's things out there in the ether that we just have blinded ourselves from
    What is this 'ether'?

its nothing.

im sorry.

i take it back.

leave me alone.

#Losing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I lol'd
    Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

What is this 'ether'?

Aether theroies in alchemy, natural philosophy, and very early modern physics which suppose a "fifth element"

old_aussie wrote: »
    Aether theroies in alchemy, natural philosophy, and very early modern physics which suppose a "fifth element"
    Thanks Old Aussie - I know what ether used to mean back in the olden days, but I was just wondering if it had a new, non-discredited meaning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

None of it is nonsense .

Hardly a helpful comment. A flat out assertion, followed by what can only be construed as an insult.
    espinolman wrote:

Do you set yourself up as a strawman intentionally? ;) I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you have more or less claimed that everyone around you is in a trance state (excepting you, I would imagine), but were we to judge (say) by overall reasoning acuity and writing style, would not your own posts be more suggestive of somebody in trance? I say this with a working knowledge of the subject (i.e. hypnotic trance).

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you have more or less claimed that everyone around you is in a trance state (excepting you, I would imagine), but were we to judge (say) by overall reasoning acuity and writing style, would not your own posts be more suggestive of somebody in trance? I say this with a working knowledge of the subject (i.e. hypnotic trance).

Yes , i know i am in a trance .

What is this 'ether'?
    bc dub wrote: »
    tsunami

Freaky isn't it Monty, aye? Ether...Tsunami's...Conspiracies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Yes , i know i am in a trance .

I'm intriqued.
    If you know, can you not wake up?
    What would be the benefits of knowing (like lucid dreaming say?)

Nasa 2012 solar storm warning :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s30TGJP7hrQ&feature=feedf
    The following information is paramount and should not be taken lightly. The alarming news was aired July 14, 2010 which now explains why NASA, along with The National Academy of Science and other world renowned scientist are all very concerned about the coming 2012-2013 solar maximum. On March 10th 2006 NASA issued a solar storm warning for 2012 but omitted telling the general population as to why the warning in their report. Then in June of 2010, NASA once again warns the world population, but this time around, NASA warns the world community to get ready for a once in a life time solar storm. Other news agencies and websites like this one are reporting on the developing story, however no high government official has stuck their neck out to make an official announcement about the catastrophic implications on a global scale as to allow the general population to prepare!

The scientific data revealed by Alexei Dmitriev further supports NASA's original 2012 solar storm warning issued in 2006.

Astrophysicist Alexei Dmitriev says that both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 satellites reveal that our sun, as well as our entire solar system, is now moving into an interstellar energy cloud. Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University says this interstellar energy cloud is turbulent. Dmitriev explains that this cloud of energy is exciting the atmospheres of our planets and especially our sun. As this interstellar energy cloud continues to excite/charge the sun, it causes the sun to become more active, resulting in greater output from the sun. IE: Bigger and more frequent solar storms and CME's resulting in the Carrington effect. This interstellar cloud of electrical energy is also absorbed by the Earth, and scientist have found that it results in more earth quakes, all while dramatically effecting our weather here on earth. When asked how long will it take our sun to pass through this interstellar energy cloud, Dr. Dmitriev replied, "I don't know. But If I had to guess, I would say somewhere between two thousand to three thousand years." This interstellar cloud is a wispy band of charged particles through which our solar system is slowly moving through.

When Dr. Dmitriev was asked what are the implications of all this for earth he replied, "Global catastrophe! Not in tens of years from now, but in ones of years" ...in that this global catastrophe is basically right around the corner setting the stage for NASA's latest solar storm warning 2012-2013.

Dr. Dmitriev is talking about the Carrington Effect which can knock out electrical power and all modern forms of communications world wide for months on end, even years. When that happens, global anarchy and mass looting will soon begin as the food chain will become paralyzed/crippled in modern countries, while water shortages will quickly become a threat to our very survival because electricity is what runs the pumps that gets the water to our homes and offices. If you are not prepared prepared to be self efficient for one to two years, then you and your family will be at risk of dehydration and starvation during a time when drinking water, food and toilet paper will be more valuable then money itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Interesting that, what website did you get that from ? sorry not the youtube vide obviously the txt didn quote for some reason, I meant the txt where did that come from ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Blake.jpg

The Carrington Effect. :D

Advertisement