Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is wrong with my flatmate?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Maybe he's preparing for April Fools Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And a question to everyone - is it possible for an egg to be left so long that a chicken foetus begins to semi-develop inside? (I know, my hypothesis seems to break so many laws of nature, but what else can explain the extra weight?!).

I think the eggs we eat are unfertilised ones so I don't think this is possible. On rare occasions a fertilised egg sneaks into the pack but it would need to be stored in a warm place for the foetus to develop, not a fridge.

Anyway, how did you discover the extra weight? Do you normally examine all your flatmates food?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

lads i think we have milked this thread as it is going a bit sour, maybe it's time to shellve it

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dan I Am

The Chinese guy must think he's living with a right nutter, what with the daily counting and weighing of his eggs, and staring at his old carton of milk like he expects it to burst into song or something.:)

Back before they used to print the 'use by' date on each egg, it never crossed my mind that they had a short shelf life. I regularly used to eat eggs a fair bit more than a month past their date with no problems. The yokes would maybe look a bit dull and wrinkly, but apart from that no problems.

Maybe the carton feels heavier because it has soaked up moisture in the fridge, but then again maybe it's just your vivid imagination and the semi-developed rotten chick foetuses:P The old milk is probably because he's a bit of a lazy slob who's just left it there, and thawing food in the fridge before cooking is actually more hygienic, as there is less risk of it not cooking evenly all the way through to the centre, especially if you can't read English well enough to know what needs to be thawed first, and what doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

phukin hate eggs.

funny how they are in just about everything i like though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Dan I Am wrote: »
    The Chinese guy must think he's living with a right nutter, what with the daily counting and weighing of his eggs, and staring at his old carton of milk like he expects it to burst into song or something.:)

Yea he is probably on boards.cn asking what the hell is wrong with my flatmate, weighing my eggs and drinking fresh milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

So my flatmate is a bit on the strange side. And by this I mean the following:

- He has eggs in the fridge that have been ONE MONTH out of date. They appear to have solidified/rotted because when you pick the tray up it is very noticeably heavy. But that's not the strange part - the eggs are being eaten, because each day a new one is taken from it.

maybe he wants you to feritlize them for him

- Today as I left the flat there was a carton of milk on his window sill noticeable as you walk past (he must be drinking that sour too).

maybe he is a V lizard man (visitor they like sour milk right?)

Now, does anyone have any clue what the hell is going on here? I consider myself a strange enough person, but this is downright crazy. He's Chinese, so I tried Googling some Chinese delicacies that would involved rotten, month-old eggs and sour milk, but can't seem to find any.

he is chinese...enuff said...they eat cockroaches like they are sweeties for feck sake

maybe he is a V lizard man (visitor they like sour milk right?)

its Alien Nation you're thinking of. genetalia in the armpits, n what not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

its Alien Nation you're thinking of. genetalia in the armpits, n what not

i stand corrected :)

i stand corrected :)

that movie > series was tongue in cheek, yet still daft as batshít

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Well OP, whats the latest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

newmug wrote: »
    Well OP, whats the latest?

Well it turns out my housemate IS an alien. The place is like District 9 at the moment, government officials everywhere.

Now, where did I leave those eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Damn this sounds similar to my house mate's antics, perhaps he's trying to get rid of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

The Thousand Year Old Egg: A Chinese Cuisine

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/442754/the_thousand_year_old_egg_a_chinese.html

sorry I had to..I'm a chef
    :D:p

40040D wrote: »
    The Thousand Year Old Egg: A Chinese Cuisine

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/442754/the_thousand_year_old_egg_a_chinese.html

sorry I had to..I'm a chef
    :D:p

But that doesnt explain the weight gain despite one less egg being in the box everyday, the sour milk, the fact that the eggs look normal etc. (I'm assuming the shell of a "one-thousand year old egg" would be a bit discoloured). OP just ask him. ASK HIM!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Rational explanation for the eggs.

Maybe, JUST maybe, he has hardboiled them, and just stored them in an old container in the fridge.

The milk, I can't explain though.

I blame solar flares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

Rational explanation for the eggs.

Maybe, JUST maybe, he has hardboiled them, and just stored them in an old container in the fridge.

The milk, I can't explain though.

I blame solar flares.
    I heard that the Chinese believe in "famine cooking" and that they'll eat anything with legs, but the table. Maybe they view a rotten egg/ sour milk as a treat... like we do a packet of Tayto?

I heard that the Chinese believe in "famine cooking" and that they'll eat anything with legs, but the table. Maybe they view a rotten egg/ sour milk as a treat... like we do a packet of Tayto?

Yea but Tayto are yum, not disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sounds like a champion gent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

HEELO EVERYONE.
    no one has seen the guy actually eating any of this .
    pure specualtion and I have lived with ppl doing away worse

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dont see what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Human corpses should be hung for a minimum of two weeks before eating,it tenderises the meat and imparts a wonderful,gamey flavour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

^Not to mention it's partly decomposed so less chewing for you to do! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont see what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Human corpses should be hung for a minimum of two weeks before eating,it tenderises the meat and imparts a wonderful,gamey flavour.

Now tell me good sir should you eat the meat raw/boil/roasted/deep fry it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Check out the toilet brush with the lights off. If it glows get the ***k out of there.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Advertisement