Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is wrong with my flatmate?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I'm quite curious now. OP, can you just ask him? Especially the eggs.I want to know if he eats the eggs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Will Smith is in the house, time to kick some alien ass :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

Just another odd Irish person, there are many to go around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Obaraten wrote: »
    He could well be a V mate,thread craefully....

I was thinking more along the lines of..
    pics or GTFO

Happy to oblige..

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1120/yumyumsourmilk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

Cant help wondering what his breath must smell like. Rancid eggs and sour milk, eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

shite on his chest while he is asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

whiteboy wrote: »
    Just another odd Irish person, there are many to go around

I thought he was Chinese

Does he purport to be an irish citizen of chinese extraction OP or a chinese national living over here

Ill tell you about my theory on food shortages and the myths about chicken feet the commies perpetuated later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

The racism in this thread is making me nauseous. Please leave chinese people alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

The racism in this thread is making me nauseous. Please leave chinese people alone.

So eating non-rotten food is racist now? And this somehow makes you sick while eating totally gone-off food doesnt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

So on the eggs thing seen as he is chinese they are obviously halfformed egg's/chicks this is apparently quite the norm in China,

as for the sour milk... who knows.

fionny wrote: »
    chinese they are obviously halfformed

Post reported.^ Disgusting.

Post reported.^ Disgusting.

Report away buddy, its a delicacy in china...

The correct term is Balut:

Balut (egg)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

He must be very eggciting to live with. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

He must be very eggciting to live with. Sorry.

Don't eggsaggerate now...

Also... eggs getting heavier when they go off? I'd be more worried that your flatmate has eggs that don't obey the laws of physics.

Also, also... maybe he gets eggs from the market and reuses the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

why did i not know about this in my flat sharing days??? so cool to have pulled this stunt,

you have only one move, replace the rotten eggs with fresh ones, and now who's freaking out?? (and you can let us know if in fact those in the box are indeed rotten)

evillive wrote: »
    why did i not know about this in my flat sharing days??? so cool to have pulled this stunt,

you have only one move, replace the rotten eggs with fresh ones, and now who's freaking out?? (and you can let us know if in fact those in the box are indeed rotten)

This! Do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

orourkeda wrote: »
    I'd be happy to have him if he could cook a good trio

Go visit and you could probably have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

Also... eggs getting heavier when they go off? I'd be more worried that your flatmate has eggs that don't obey the laws of physics.

yes...of course, naturally however I took the poster at his word..assumed he was finding their mass and that somehow the eggs were absorbing matter from the universe outside their shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I'm quite curious now. OP, can you just ask him? Especially the eggs.I want to know if he eats the eggs...

I would ask him but his English is shíte, so it'd probably take me 3 hours to explain what I mean.
    amacca wrote: »
    I thought he was Chinese

Does he purport to be an irish citizen of chinese extraction OP or a chinese national living over here

Ill tell you about my theory on food shortages and the myths about chicken feet the commies perpetuated later

Were in the UK. He's 100% Chinese. And your "theory on food shortages and the myths about chicken feet the commies perpetuated" - interesting, do tell.

Racism? You think "The Chinese, a great bunch of lads" is racism? I ****ing hate people who act like this - any simple little thing and they shout "racist". (I don't hate you by the way :pac:)
    fionny wrote: »
    So on the eggs thing seen as he is chinese they are obviously halfformed egg's/chicks this is apparently quite the norm in China,

as for the sour milk... who knows.

I'm thinking they may be half-formed indeed...balut.

Also, also... maybe he gets eggs from the market and reuses the box?

Yeah a bit far-fetched; but I was thinking that the egg embryos could have developed within the egg, however that would obviously require fertilization and incubation. So what could account for the extra weight? They are definitely heavier.

And maybe he could be reusing the box, but I doubt it.
    amacca wrote: »
    yes...of course, naturally however I took the poster at his word..assumed he was finding their mass and that somehow the eggs were absorbing matter from the universe outside their shells.

As above.

• Advertisement

Yeah a bit far-fetched; but I was thinking that the egg embryos could have developed within the egg, however that would obviously require fertilization and incubation. So what could account for the extra weight? They are definitely heavier.

They actually get lighter as they develop toward hatching.

English is shíte

I think english people are ok.

I'm thinking they may be half-formed indeed...

^ Disgusting. Post reported.

What a ghastly thing to say.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    They actually get lighter as they develop toward hatching.

So what would explain the (noticeably) significant increase in their weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

So my flatmate is a bit on the strange side. And by this I mean the following:

- He has eggs in the fridge that have been ONE MONTH out of date. They appear to have solidified/rotted because when you pick the tray up it is very noticeably heavy. But that's not the strange part - the eggs are being eaten, because each day a new one is taken from it.

- Today as I left the flat there was a carton of milk on his window sill noticeable as you walk past (he must be drinking that sour too).

Now, does anyone have any clue what the hell is going on here? I consider myself a strange enough person, but this is downright crazy. He's Chinese, so I tried Googling some Chinese delicacies that would involved rotten, month-old eggs and sour milk, but can't seem to find any.

Great bunch of lad.

So what would explain the (noticeably) significant increase in their weight?

Well you said when you lifted up the tray it was noticeably heavier. Maybe he is replacing eggs in it and there were more in it when you lifted it than before, or he managed to replace the egg whites with lead:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Has he got any issues with his weight?

Remember reading somewhere that people with eating disorders eat rotten food in order to get sick and thus lose weight.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Well you said when you lifted up the tray it was noticeably heavier. Maybe he is (1)replacing eggs in it and there were (2)more in it when you lifted it than before, or (3)he managed to replace the egg whites with lead:)

(1) Replacing eggs? With what?
    (2) Nope, the number of eggs were the exact same (beginning to sound like a well thought out experiment!)
    (3) :pac:

So...anyone at all know a reason for them being heavier?

Why does his eating of rotten eggs enrage you so much? Just leave him alone.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Has he got any issues with his weight?

Remember reading somewhere that people with eating disorders eat rotten food in order to get sick and thus lose weight.

Not that I know of, and plus that would be getting a bit too far into "none of my business" territory (of which I'm on the borders of considering my OP :pac:).

Another thing - any frozen food (food that, critically, must be frozen before cooking) he buys, he always leaves in the fridge. So this all thaws out and then he cooks it thawed. Is that not dangerous? (Breaded chicken strips pieces from Iceland, to be specific).

• Advertisement

Why does his eating of rotten eggs enrage you so much? Just leave him alone.

Yeah I'm real enraged and can't control myself:rolleyes:

Subtle troll, is what you be.

Advertisement