Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You Could Change One Law?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Your ideas sound interesting but Im still not convinced.

Tell us more..............

There could be a €50 fine so people only murder when it's really worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I'm stuck between legalising gay marriage or weed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ElasticMan

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I'm stuck between legalising gay marriage or weed

Yeah two really burning issues. If gay marriage did get legalised you still wouldn't be happy. What would you do with your time then? Whose cause would you fight for, you good sammaritan you? What would be the end pay-off for you? You can't marry a gay man you know. So you spent all this time fighting the good fight for the gays, and then what? They get married and... ho hum. You're not needed then so you have to take a backseat. That must really damage your pride. All you're left with then is the misguided feeling that you 'helped them to get married'. That and you helped ruin the world. Hang your head.

As for your other brilliant idea.. why don't you think ahead? Look past your own selfish urges and see the effect that this sort of thing would have on society. However since the youth of today aren't capable of looking farther than the day after tomorrow, I wouldn't expect you to take anything like this into account. Go back to listening to your Dj Tiesto and leave the big decisions to the big boys.

To that RusselTurning guy (you arent even worthy of a post of your own, oh the shame!), obviously I can argue my point, but I'm not going to go through each of your 10 or 12 points and respond to every one. Some of us, have lives, you know? I might be more inclined to do so if you had any semblance of a personality, but since you don't, I won't. What a pointless exercise that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

ElasticMan wrote: »
    Who do you think you are? I didn't ask you to go through my whole post point by point. In my original post only the first 2 or 3 lines were directed at you, not the entire post you egotistical non-entity. If you think I'm going to respond to your post point by point in return then you're sadly mistaken. To be frank, you're not worth the effort. So let's just say that I'm right and you're wrong and call it a night. Night :cool:
    Yeah two really burning issues. If gay marriage did get legalised you still wouldn't be happy. What would you do with your time then? Whose cause would you fight for, you good sammaritan you? What would be the end pay-off for you? You can't marry a gay man you know. So you spent all this time fighting the good fight for the gays, and then what? They get married and... ho hum. You're not needed then so you have to take a backseat. That must really damage your pride. All you're left with then is the misguided feeling that you 'helped them to get married'. That and you helped ruin the world. Hang your head.

As for your other brilliant idea.. why don't you think ahead? Look past your own selfish urges and see the effect that this sort of thing would have on society. However since the youth of today aren't capable of looking farther than the day after tomorrow, I wouldn't expect you to take anything like this into account. Go back to listening to your Dj Tiesto and leave the big decisions to the big boys.

To that RusselTurning guy (you arent even worthy of a post of your own, oh the shame!), obviously I can argue my point, but I'm not going to go through each of your 10 or 12 points and respond to every one. Some of us, have lives, you know? I might be more inclined to do so if you had any semblance of a personality, but since you don't, I won't. What a pointless exercise that would be.

Anyone else see the irony here?

farna_boy wrote: »
    Anyone else see the irony here?

Silence you mundane little man. No one asked you for your asinine input. Go read a book and come back when you have something useful to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Up de Barrs

Give women who need access to abortion the right to have one in their own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Silence you mundane little man. No one asked you for your asinine input. Go read a book and come back when you have something useful to say

Thank you, oh great one, for thinking my post was worthy of the effort you put in to replying AND quoting!

My life is now complete since I have received the validation that I crave. The internetz be great!

I will now have to attend a computer course so that I may post here again in the presence of such awesomeness!

farna_boy wrote: »
    Thank you, oh great one, for thinking my post was worthy of the effort you put in to replying AND quoting!

My life is now complete since I have received the validation that I crave. The internetz be great!

I will now have to attend a computer course so that I may post here again in the presence of such awesomeness!

If only other young people today showed such respect to their elders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'd make it lawful to slap seven shades out of **** out of any wannabe hardman scumbag over the age of 14.

+1.4 million

What about the scum under 14 dont forget about them. They should learn young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Cannibalise Legalis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Abolish the bloody tv licence. FOREVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

compulsory abortions for all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

You're right, I couldn't marry a gay man, but you know what I could do, and this may come as a shock to you as you don't seem to be able to see past this giant issue you seem have of people wanting to be happy, but...I could marry a woman if I so pleased.
    And what are these massive effects on society? That instead of drunk idiots starting fights, there might be stoned guys chilling out? That the Government would tax it and gain a lot of money during this recession? Seems good enough to me. Nah, don't think I will leave it to the "big boys", they don't seem to have done anything of any use yet.

Pfft, Dj Tiesto? Give me Rage any day. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

How is it obvious that you can argue your point if you won't even make an attempt at it? Really are you serious? I log onto boards for the first time in days and see you telling me I don't have a life. That's a good one.

You don't have to respond to everything I say but you couldn't even refute one point or answer one question and instead resort to poor ad hominem attacks. This is a sure sign of someone who knows they have nothing constructive to offer to the conversation.

And do you not see the hypocrisy of calling me egotistical for responding to points in the same post as those directly addressing me, even though you first replied to a post that made no mention of you? Answer me that at least.

Just one law.

The one that says "This law nullifies all other laws if SeaSlacker does not agree with it. SeaSlacker is now the uncontestable ruler, monach, president, hypnotoad and big cheese.

All hail HypnoToad Sea Slacker!

Dozvidanya comrades! now KNEEL!

Advertisement