Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You Could Change One Law?

Options
  • 05-03-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Law. It is what holds this society. If it wasn't for the law some one would break into my house and steal everything i have.
    But if you could change one law slightly what would it be?.

For me i would like to remove the right of security of grammar Nazi's. It angers me so much when some one posts a grammar correction.
    If it was not illegal I would go through their post history or some how else fond out where they live. Then knock on the door.As soon as the open whack them on the
    head with my keyboard until it breaks. Then drag them into their room take a print screen of their offending post print it on a page and force them to eat their own words.

But since it is illegal for me to do so i just hope they fall down a flight of stairs and snap their neck.:p
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

estadio wrote: »
    Law. It is what holds this society. If it wasn't for the law some one would break into my house and steal everything i have.

For me i would like to remove the right of security of grammar Nazi's. It angers me so much when some one posts a grammar correction.
    If it was not illegal I would go through their post history or some how else fond out where they live. Then knock on the door.As soon as the open whack them on the
    head with my keyboard until it breaks. Then drag them into their room take a print screen of their offending post print it on a page and force them to eat their own words.

But since it is illegal for me to do so i just hope they fall down a flight of stairs and snap their neck.:p
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Get rid of murder and kill all the stupid people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Internment without trial for anti-social members of the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Legalise the finest herb known to man. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Pauleta wrote: »
    Yep. With hard labour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Pauleta wrote: »

Internet is the more usual punishment for the anti-social types.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Basil is fukn awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

bring back the death penalty for murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Check line 4, word 17 of your post.

Come and get me focker, you better bring some other internet virgin geeks too!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Scrap the Senate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Shouldn't that be necks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

grammar Nazi's

Incorrect use of the apostrophe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Legalise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Dean09 wrote: »
    Basil is fukn awesome!

*boom boom*

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Legalise same sex marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I wanna drink!!!!!!
    So, the drinking age to be lowered
    (Like it would change much :pac: )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That ALL news only tells the truth.
    (yes, people are allowed have their interpretation of it - but not blatant lies like Fox news in America does)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

lizt wrote: »
    Legalise same sex marriage.

I'm not gay but it is ridiculous that people of the same sex can't marry.

Also the law that denotes people with Down's Syndrome to be classed as lunatics is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Reduce the working week to 4 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Leaglize all 'victimless crime'. Something should only be illegal if one of the people harmed by it is not a consenting adult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Oregano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

A law that prevents judges handing out lenient sentences to scumbags who deserve to be in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I read your first paragraph in the style of a sociologist giving a speech on tv while walking down the street.
    The rest I just imagined you as a scobie.

On topic I would change the laws of theft making it so that if you steal using your intelligence e.g. hacking your dublin bus card to give unlimited trips that would be legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

barbarians wrote: »
    I'm not gay but it is ridiculous that people of the same sex can't marry.

Also the law that denotes people with Down's Syndrome to be classed as lunatics is ridiculous.

you do realise that that is a medical term? just because it has been become widespread to mean mad, crazy etc. should not take away from it's original and actual meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I wanna drink!!!!!!
    (Like it would change much :pac: )

Right this second, this. I really, really hate being 17. It is the most awkward age ever.

After that, legalize SSM and ban religious institutions being involved in education.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

. . . :eek:

Incarcerating repeat offenders of the most serious crimes (serial rapists, murders, etc.) is only a waste of state resources. Some of those guys are so screwed up that they could have no hope of integrating properly in society without posing a terrible risk. I think it should be legal to... put them down.

Or, at the very least, it should be legal to chemically castrate rapists. They don't deserve their testiculars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Legalise weed so I could exhale in flutts face while laughing at him at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Usersname

That stupid, ridiculous, degrading 10:30pm law has to go. We are being treated like children for feck sake. Nanny state...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I wanna drink!!!!!!
    (Like it would change much pacman.gif )

Ya I totally agree with this too. It should be dropped to 16 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I'd legalise magic mushrooms again.

Advertisement