Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best kebab in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

Falafel in Coolmine Industrial Park is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Silly question, and the name probably implies it, but is this falafel place vegetarian?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Any of these kebab shops put the green mint yogurt/sauce along with the garlic and chilli sauce on their kebabs? Got a kebab before with said mint sauce in Berlin and it was a game changer. Any kebab shop I try here though doesn't offer it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

scoobydude wrote: »
    Silly question, and the name probably implies it, but is this falafel place vegetarian?

The one in temple bar isn't anyway. Can't beat their mixed kebabðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

rubadub wrote: »
    It was done by "just eat" so I guess all the places had to be on available on "just eat".

Mc Donalds are not on just eat, Ubereats only?

Not sure if Burger king is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

MarkY91 wrote: »
    The one in temple bar isn't anyway. Can't beat their mixed kebabðŸ˜

Same in D15.

Their falafel is fantastic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Mc Donalds are not on just eat, Ubereats only?
    seems they will be with them, and probably knew when the list was made

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/just-eat-signs-delivery-deal-with-mcdonalds-38902326.html
    January 28 2020

Just Eat has announced plans to partner with McDonald’s as the takeaway delivery business ramps up its brand-focused growth strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

The majority of McDonalds are franchise operations , surely some of them could have done deals with Just Eat at a store level ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's two main franchisers that hold the bulk of the estate including possibly all of Dublin so that may have had an impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

The majority of McDonalds are franchise operations , surely some of them could have done deals with Just Eat at a store level ?

I always find McDonnalds doesn't travel well. 10 minutes and its for the bin, can't see this working out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Ive only ever driven home a McDonalds once and it was was awful once re-heated. Its also food that loses its heat very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I think we can all agree McDonalds do the worst kebabs anywhere, they taste of nothing :p

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ohnononono

Which one is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

There’s such a thing as a ‘best kebab’?! I thought they were all just manky aul rubbish filled with the slaughterhouse floor sweepings!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Passion 4 food hands down number 1 then pasha.

There’s such a thing as a ‘best kebab’?! I thought they were all just manky aul rubbish filled with the slaughterhouse floor sweepings!

You thought very wrong then. Do you think anywhere would be allowed to sell floor sweepings for human consumption in this day and age?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Passion 4 food hands down number 1 then pasha.

I respectfully disagree, and place them in the opposite order.

There’s also a new place called Reyna that’s getting great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I do like a good kebab but imo there are none in Dublin. I've been over to London a few times in last couple of years and you are spoiled for choice. Kebab shop after kebab shop. There must have been about 50 - 100 around Islington, Finsbury Park and Stroud Green area, alone. Good, tasty authentic Greek, Turkish and Arabian kebabs.

I live in Dublin all my life and what we serve up as kebabs is a pathetic imitation of the real deal. Pure slop here and i haven't even bothered in few years. The last one i had was in Inchicore, Ali Babas i think. About the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ohnononono

get out

I heard German Doner were coming over here before the pandemic. Big chain they have in the UK. Saw a Youtube video of a restaurant in England. Think it was quite pricey but probably be better than anything we have. Dont know why we haven't got a few proper ones. And never get a kebab in a normal chipper as they haven't a clue.

• Advertisement

I heard German Doner were coming over here before the pandemic. Big chain they have in the UK. Saw a Youtube video of a restaurant in England. Think it was quite pricey but probably be better than anything we have. Dont know why we haven't got a few proper ones. And never get a kebab in a normal chipper as they haven't a clue.

You haven’t tried enough then. There are some unreal ones all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

I do like a good kebab but imo there are none in Dublin. I've been over to London a few times in last couple of years and you are spoiled for choice. Kebab shop after kebab shop. There must have been about 50 - 100 around Islington, Finsbury Park and Stroud Green area, alone. Good, tasty authentic Greek, Turkish and Arabian kebabs.

I live in Dublin all my life and what we serve up as kebabs is a pathetic imitation of the real deal. Pure slop here and i haven't even bothered in few years. The last one i had was in Inchicore, Ali Babas i think. About the best of a bad lot.

Have you tried passion 4 food or pasha out of curiosity? Proper meat used in passion not the usual gack served in 99% of kebab shops which is highly processed mystery meat.

blackwave wrote: »
    Have you tried passion 4 food or pasha out of curiosity? Proper meat used in passion not the usual gack served in 99% of kebab shops which is highly processed mystery meat.

I haven't actually. Never even heard of them. I kind of gave up on kebabs here few years back because i felt they were awful. If Zaytoons was the best i didnt think we wete up to much. But now that you mentioned them two i think i will dip my toes back into the Dublin kebab trade and sample a juicy kofta or doner kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Normal chipper kebabs can be woeful alright.

That grey/brown rotating slab of congealed “meat” left there for months on end.

No effort put into the presentation of it, just slopped out to you, any old way.

It’s almost as if Irish and Italian chippers just don’t care if the kebab is sh1te as they’d prefer you to go for the traditional options like fish and chips or burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Dublin Kebab Club on facebook recommends both passion 4 food and pasha.

Normal chipper kebabs can be woeful alright.

That grey/brown rotating slab of congealed “meat” left there for months on end.

No effort out into

It’s almost as if Irish and Italian chippers just don’t care if the kebab is sh1te as they’d prefer you to go for the traditional options like fish and chips or burgers.

How did the Italians hoodwink us into eating their culinary delights. There's no chippers in Italy apparently but yet Mr Borza, Fusciardi, Macari etc decided to set up these greasey shops and sell it to us starving paddys.

Why couldn't we have done that ourselves. We had the potatoes for the chips (except for the famine). We had plenty of fish in our waters. We had the animals for the burgers, sausages and chicken. Why not Irish families setting these chippers up?

Its hilarious the thoughts of an Italian man in Florence eating a spice burger or a battered sausage.

Time for the McCarthys to take over the Macaris, the Boyles to take over the Borzas and the Fennellys to take over the Fusciardis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

No such thing. There might and I stress might be a ‘least worst’ but I wouldn’t risk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

In Limerick I'd definitely recommend Istanbul Kebab. Savage good.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Falafel temple bar do an excellent excellent kebab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Zaytoon Parliament St, IMO. Always fresh and tasty.

Advertisement