Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best kebab in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sligopaul

Ate in Pasha and Zaytoon last couple of weeks enjoyed both

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

yeah however being a snob is how you know you're better than others.

For example people who think Zaytoon is better than passion 4 food are allowed to voice their opinion despite it being plain wrong :)

Love it! They are also allowed to eat a steak well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

Zaytoon hands down

Passion For Food isn't far off though, Pasha is decent also

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A Scottish headquartered German Kebab Company opening up 40 kebab shops in Ireland, we are well on the way to reaching peak kebab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Bit of competition will be no harm but 40 franchises is a tad ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

this is brilliant, I always thought there was a good opportunity here for somewhere that sold, german style doners, currywurst and pommes etc! Cant wait to try them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Muahahaha wrote: »
    A Scottish headquartered German Kebab Company opening up 40 kebab shops in Ireland, we are well on the way to reaching peak kebab.
    Passenger wrote: »
    Bit of competition will be no harm but 40 franchises is a tad ambitious.

As @BustToBoom on Twitter would say... you two need to get the memo pronto! :D 40 kebab shops we need and deserve!

Googled them to see their menu and the site has crashed. Came across this instead
    THE owner of one of Dublin’s top kebab shops has warned a massive German chain set to open 40 outlets around the country that “they’re wasting their time”.

German Doner Kebab - recently voted the best place in the UK to eat by Tripadvisor - yesterday announced that it will first launch in the capital with a flagship restaurant in 2020.

Tony Mekhalfia, who runs Babylon on Camden Street, said he’s not worried about the new competition. They added that plans are also afoot to open a further 40 stores across the country. But Tony Mekhalfia, who runs Babylon on Camden Street, said he’s not worried about the new competition.He told the Irish Sun: “There’s no room for them to open on Camden Street so we’re not worried.

“I believe in loyalty and in good people. I have always wanted to Babylon to be a nice, safe place for people to eat and we’ve achieved that.
    “We have 100 per cent Irish produce and Irish suppliers because loyalty is very important. “If a new chain wants to come in then the best of luck.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4793863/owener-dublin-kebab-shop-german-doner-kebab/

Thats the same kebab shop where there have been numerous reports of the bouncers assaulting customers late at night. The Trip Advisor reviews are an eye opener and they've gone and closed their TA page as all the reviews talked about was people getting man handled and assaulted by his heavy gang. The reviews are still there
    https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d10637445-Reviews-Babylon-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

And back in 2003 the owner used his car as a weapon and deliberately knocked over and killed a 21 year old student. He legged it back to Algeria and an extradition warrant was issued for his arrest
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/driver-fined-after-accident-left-man-dead-25939427.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I ate in one of these in dubai, it is tasty and not like any kebab youbcurrently get in ireland - more of the german style bread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,170 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Shocking news. Iskander's is to close next month :eek:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/dublin-s-late-night-kebab-shop-iskander-s-to-close-after-nearly-three-decades-1.4137311
    Dublin’s original kebab shop is set to close its doors later this month for a major refurbishment and relaunch following nearly 28 years of providing late-night snacks to hungry city-centre revellers.

Iskander’s Kebab House on Dame Street, which has been in operation since 1992, will close on January 19th to allow for a complete renovation of the premises. The late-night food takeaway was recently bought by the Aydin family who say they are planning to reopen in mid-February as a more upmarket restaurant.

More upmarket restaurant? F**k off. :mad:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

To be honest it hasn’t been as nice as it used to be for a good while. It will be sad to see it go but I won’t miss it..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Also, the workers name is Duran Duran! That’s class

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

https://www.her.ie/food/just-eat-revealed-national-takeaway-awards-nominees-495290

Here is the full list of nominations:

Best Takeaway Chinese

Bamboo Court, Letterkenny
    Lemon Tree, Finglas
    Lin Kee, Swords
    LY Garden, Tallaght
    Xian Street Food, Galway
    Best Takeaway Indian

Bombay Pantry, Rathfarnham
    Konkan, Dundrum
    Shapla Indian, Carlow
    Spice of India, Limerick
    Tadka House, Rathmines
    Best Takeaway Thai

Camile Thai, Pearse St. Dublin 2
    Diep. Ranelagh
    Lana, Castletroy, Limerick
    Mao at Home, Donnybrook
    Saba To Go, Rathmines
    San Sab, Drumcondra
    Best Takeaway Mexican

Boojum, Kevin St, Dublin 2
    Burrito Loco, Letterkenny
    Tolteca, Rathmines
    Vocho, Galway
    Zambrero, Pearse St, Dublin 2
    Best Takeaway Japanese

Kyoto, Waterford
    Mushashi, Blanchardstown
    Wagamama, South King St, Dublin 2
    Yamamori, South Great George’s St, Dublin 2
    Zakura, Baggot St, Dublin 2
    Best Takeaway Middle Eastern

Damascus Gate, Camden St, Dublin 2
    Falafel, Temple Bar
    Shouk, Drumcondra
    Umi Falafel, Dame St, Dublin 2
    Zaytoon, Camden St, Dublin 2
    Best Takeaway Chipper

Borza, Stepaside
    Friars Rest, Letterkenny
    Macari 101, Naas
    Roma, Belmayne
    Romayo’s Clonsilla
    San Marino, Monkstown
    Best Takeaway Pizza

Apache, Sligo
    Base Wood Fired Pizza, Terenure
    Domino’s, Tallaght
    Firehouse Pizza, Ballymun
    Four Star, Clondalkin
    Best Takeaway Burger

Bunsen, Wexford St
    Burger King, Blanchardstown
    Eddie Rocket’s, Stillorgan
    Five Guys, Dundrum
    Friars Rest, Letterkenny
    WOWBURGER, Ranelagh
    Best Takeaway Curry

Bombay Pantry, Clonskeagh
    Lin Kee, North Strand
    San Sab, Drumcondra
    Shapla Indian, Carlow
    Best Takeaway Spice Bag

Lin Kee, Artane
    LY Garden, Tallaght,
    San Sab, Drumcondra
    Sunflower, Templeogue
    Best Takeaway Salad

Chopped, Fairview
    Freshii, Galway
    Sprout, Baggot St, Dublin 2
    Subway, Tuam Rd, Galway
    Best Takeaway Vegetarian

Boojum, Cork
    Camile Thai, Limerick
    Chopped, Drogheda
    Zambrero, Cork
    Best Takeaway Vegan - NEW AWARD

Camile Thai, Greystones
    Chopped, Baggot St, Dublin 2
    San Sab, Drumcondra
    Zambrero, Hatch St, Dublin 2
    Best Takeaway Sustainability - NEW AWARD

Camile Thai, Phibsboro
    Chopped, Baggot St
    San Sab, Drumcondra
    Sprout, Baggot St
    Best Takeaway Healthy

Camile Thai, Sutton
    Chopped, Limerick
    San Sab, Drumcondra
    Sprout, Mount St, Dublin 2
    Best Takeaway Lunchtime

Boojum, Galway
    Chopped, Grafton St, Dublin 2
    San Sab, Drumcondra
    Subway, Castletroy, Limerick
    Best Takeaway Breakfast - NEW AWARD

Capri Grill, Naas
    Chopped, Grafton St, Dublin 2
    Friars Rest, Letterkenny
    McDonald’s, Swords
    Subway, Castletroy, Limerick
    Ireland's Favourite Dish

Burrito
    Chicken Korma
    Fish & Chips
    Pepperoni Pizza
    Spice Bag

It's hard to take serious with some of the shít in there. Imagine being in Blanchardstown and telling your girlfriend that you have to go to Burger King cos it's one of the best burgers in the country from the Blanchardstown branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's hard to take serious with some of the shít in there. Imagine being in Blanchardstown and telling your girlfriend that you have to go to Burger King cos it's one of the best burgers in the country from the Blanchardstown branch.

And when Zaytoon is there yet P4P or pasha aren't. And in the Mexican section, boojum, beats actual authentic Mexican restaurants.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    And when Zaytoon is there yet P4P or pasha aren't. And in the Mexican section, boojum, beats actual authentic Mexican restaurants.
    And there's fúcking 7 Chopped in there. Yes. 7. Chopped on grafton Street has one of the best takeaway breakfasts in the country but lost out to Mcdonalds who has the best. But only the one in Swords. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I apologise for posting the link in the first place

And there's fúcking 7 Chopped in there. Yes. 7. Chopped on grafton Street has one of the best takeaway breakfasts in the country but lost out to Mcdonalds who has the best. But only the one in Swords. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I apologise for posting the link in the first place

I can't believe burger king is in the best burgers lol.

I will however be trying the chinese in druncondra in the spice bag section :D

yeah its a real farce. I can only presume these places are asking for votes on their Facebook or whatever. Amazing that chains producing identical food are somehow singled out at being the best in one single branch. Some how I dont think everyone is going to be rushing to the McDonalds in Swords in the morning to try their best breakfast in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Christ these winners are a joke.

Best Takeaway Breakfast - McDonald's, Swords, Co Dublin

lol!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    And when Zaytoon is there yet P4P or pasha aren't.
    It was done by "just eat" so I guess all the places had to be on available on "just eat".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rubadub wrote: »
    It was done by "just eat" so I guess all the places had to be on available on "just eat".

Basically the places that earn the most money for Just Eat. A sham of an evening.

Ah yeah, that makes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

For me it's definitely Zaytoon. They go out of their way to ensure all their food is fresh, well prepared, cooked and reasonably priced. I've frequented the parliament street branch regularly (often once a week) for the past 8 years and I'm delighted to see they are expanding and opening other branches in places like Swords and Ranelagh as of lately.

UI_Paddy wrote: »
    For me it's definitely Zaytoon. They go out of their way to ensure all their food is fresh, well prepared, cooked and reasonably priced. I've frequented the parliament street branch regularly (often once a week) for the past 8 years and I'm delighted to see they are expanding and opening other branches in places like Swords and Ranelagh as of lately.

Used to love it.

Wouldn't go there even if it was half price now.

Tastes so bland now and fake meat. Chips are oven cooked...like what? You're a fast food joint. Fry your chips ffs.

Actually thats a good point about Zaytoons chips, they really dont put much effort in and the chips are like an after thought

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Actually thats a good point about Zaytoons chips, they really dont put much effort in and the chips are like an after thought

If I owned a place like that or a Chinese takeaway I would offer both types, the frozen shite and proper Italian chipper chips at a higher price.

They could just do a trial of it. I think many foreign owners of these places to not understand the appeal for proper fresh cut chips. I remember a polish lad in work saying he thought them (Italian chipper chips) strange at first but grew to love them.

There were 2 Chinese takeaways in stillorgan and I usually went to one as they did freshly cut chips they were like not like anything I had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If I owned a place like that or a Chinese takeaway I would offer both types, the frozen shite and proper Italian chipper chips at a higher price.

They could just do a trial of it. I think many foreign owners of these places to not understand the appeal for proper fresh cut chips. I remember a polish lad in work saying he thought them (Italian chipper chips) strange at first but grew to love them.

There were 2 Chinese takeaways in stillorgan and I usually went to one as they did freshly cut chips they were like not like anything I had before.

Yes in London you often have Chinese take aways that double up as Fish and Chip shops so you can get real chips with your chinese meals. I suppose the frozen ones are just way less hassle so they stick to those in most places.

• Advertisement

Had my second Pasha yesterday... extremely average. Not bad but wouldn't go out of my way again to go to it.

P4P and Falafel are still my favourite places.

Advertisement