Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noctastic!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Stop harshing our mellow youngster.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I figured out my Halloween costume the other day. Finally an easy one to do.
    Once the creative juices get flowing, everything becomes so much simpler! The idea, and how to go about it are usually the hardest parts :(
    Eh earth to elder nocs...

ITS FREAKIN AUGUST! :D
    And? :pac:
    Stop harshing our mellow youngster.
    Indeed...let our buzz remain unchallenged heh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Once the creative juices get flowing, everything becomes so much simpler! The idea, and how to go about it are usually the hardest parts :(
    yeah, the holster is the hard part for me on Gunslinger Smurf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Managed to spark creativity in to the creation of my Halloween costume today :) Figured out how to solve a small problem with the design that had been bugging me for a day, now it's sorted, and I can carry on with it tomorrow:D

Ooo awesome. I must pick a costume soon. My graduation is two days before Halloween. I wonder if I could convince people to go in costume... :pac:

yeah, the holster is the hard part for me on Gunslinger Smurf
    Will You go all out for the authentic look, or something close enough that You will be happy with? (Unless You ditch the holster and walk around with dual pistols hehe).

Mine is something involving using power tools to help create it...the people who know tell me that it sounds like too much effort haha!
    Ooo awesome. I must pick a costume soon. My graduation is two days before Halloween. I wonder if I could convince people to go in costume... :pac:
    Maybe You could...

tempting them with cookies never hurts either ;):pac:

• Advertisement

Will You go all out for the authentic look, or something close enough that You will be happy with? (Unless You ditch the holster and walk around with dual pistols hehe).
    I just found instructions on a steampunk site fior how to build a holster for the very gun I shall be using. Just need to change the color palette and It shall be done

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Thank hjeavens I went with a nerf maverick for my pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

micayla wrote: »
    Took a step in a new direction career wise, not sure it'll work out but fingers crossed:)

This looks like it might actually work out...:eek:

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

car passed the NCT.

Thank feck I don't have to spend any money on repairs :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Just tucking myself into my new leaba in my new house :) here's hoping I sleep with all the excitement :D (shut up Mag)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Just tucking myself into my new leaba in my new house :) here's hoping I sleep with all the excitement :D (shut up Mag)

you will sleep like a baby after all the excitement:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Did you do that thing where you wake up in the middle of the night in a new place and freak the feck out because you don't recognise the room and are halfway out the window in an attempt to flee before you finally remember and then go back to bed? Or is that just me whenever I move into somewhere new?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

hondasam wrote: »
    you will sleep like a baby after all the excitement:p

Or sleep like a baby because she still is one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Why would you want to sleep like a baby?They constantly wake up crying and regularly crap their pants.I can handle it after a night out but not during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

For some reason my two cats were delighted to see me today! I've only been gone about 3 or 4 days!

Podge was sleeping in his wee house and I tiptoed to side of house to call for Tabby and once Podge heard me he bolted out of his house wantin cuddles :D
    The literally bolting is unusual as poor Podge is on his last legs and I haven't seen him move that fast in ages!

Then called Tabby few more times and heard him miaowing in the distance and finally spot him coming running(the big lump was actually running!) up the road and straight into my arms! Miaowing the whole time to update me on all I had missed :pac:

And folks say cats can't show love/loyalty. Feic off :cool:

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Were they just hungry? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Love reading posts in here :D Heading off tomorrow to meet a women who might know of some secrets in my family history! I'm very excited about it :):) *nerd alert*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Got my course confirmed :D Applied Languages & Intercultural Studies in DCU - gonna be doing Japanese and Irish for the next 4 years woot!

Delighted, hopefully it's 3rd time lucky with this college malarkey :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Heh, my sister did that course (the Japanese bit) :D

• Advertisement

Congrats Konata, I was going to put down Intl Bus & Japanese in DCU on my CAO last year, forgot to do it:pac: I read up about Your course at the time, sounds pretty cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm not sure if this should go here or in some NocTerror thread...

but!

I have given my notice at work.
    I'm going to quit and volunteer in the museum to get more varied experience.

I figure if I'm going to take a gamble on my career, I may as well do it now while I'm young and don't have any commitments!

So...

eeeeeeeee?

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

More power to ya, rose!! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

Quite tempted to do the same myself! Think of all the extra time I'll have to post in the Noc when I'm unemployed, it'll be just like the good ol' days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'm going to as many Conferences and festive last year and this to up skill myself since I see myself doing the same thing early next week....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Take it from me - it is not as fun as it sounds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

It won't be super easy, but I think it'll be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

reallyrose wrote: »
    It won't be super easy, but I think it'll be worth it.

Very happy for you Rose.. All the best :)

I brought my dogs for their first long car drive today and they loved it :) They were so well behaved and enjoyed their walks around the various castles and parks we visited :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I am so excited to start college!:D I received all the registration malarky and passwords and shizz, now to just sit out the next two weeks and forget that the LC ever happened:P

• Advertisement

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I am so excited to start college!:D I received all the registration malarky and passwords and shizz, now to just sit out the next two weeks and forget that the LC ever happened:P

Are you DIT bound? I just got my letter too. Thankfully they're letting me keep my old student number, if I had to learn off another 10 digit number I'd be lost.
    Apparently they're also giving me back my old student email... no doubt they wiped it of anything useful first. A pox on their houses! But yay for college again!

Excelsior!

Advertisement