Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs India

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey guys, here we go again Match 3. Not the May West of starts :(. Now come on Nially - show us it ain't all about your brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Keep the faith brothers. I'm in a work cafeteria at 1.20 in the morning watching the game on 3 big screens. There are about 200 Indians here and 1 Paddy. God bless me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I did say people shouldn't get their hopes up. Ireland were always likely to get destroyed by India, I only hope it doesn't turn into a total rout, which is looking likely right now.

Bloody hell, that was a wide swing! Lucky we got away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

Not got sky digital only UPC :-/. Radio 4 lw on internet is for once working , probably have Irish match when English game over .listening to it on tune in radio on I phone. Radio 2000 south Africa also good for cricket commentary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

With a RR of 2.55 I think this proves we CAN play test cricket :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

India putting a serious squeeze on. Ireland holding their own thus far. 39-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

50 up for Ireland and PP haven't given up on the boys yet with the odds on an Irish win now back to 12/1 from 25/1 earlier in the innings.

Just back to 10/1. :D

Impressed by this partnership so far. Think we're doing alright (please Mr Fate, leave me alone! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

What time does this match up start? Ya reckon it will be on in most of the boozers? Would be great to Win

• Advertisement

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Impressed by this partnership so far. Think we're doing alright (please Mr Fate, leave me alone! :p)

+1, on both counts. Good cricket from Ireland. Initial wobble over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ireland really digging deep here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ronan45 wrote: »
    What time does this match up start? Ya reckon it will be on in most of the boozers? Would be great to Win

Its on now, with the Liverpool - Utd match on later I cant see the cricket being the main attraction

Nice 6!!!

6! beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 chanianaus

Its turning like hell and its a six

Expensive over, Porterfield's got himself in nicely.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Its on now, with the Liverpool - Utd match on later I cant see the cricket being the main attraction

Yeah if you get a pub with a few TVs you may find one TV with it on. It's a sad statement isn't it how an English football game gets precedence over the national team in a World Cup on our pub TVs.

You need to find an Indian pub! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Joining this thread a bit late...!

I am split right down at the middle today. I love Indian team and would root for them everyday, and with all that, I somehow want Ireland to win - which is near impossible, but what a match it would be if Ireland actually wins? Everyone will win! India can afford to lose a match here and there, no big deal, and Ireland could definitly use another win!

74/2 - That's brilliant score against India considering everything. Well done again lads. If they hold it together, I am predicting 250. But it all depends on how they do next 15 overs.

Come on Ireland..!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

PP down to 8/1 now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

A respectable total like 250-270 would be nice. Hope they keep going and stave off a humiliation with the nation's eyes on the sport after the England game.

They'd need excess of 300 to challenge this Indian batting line up later on and the pressure of that is going to be at the back of their minds.

I'm still pessimistic but cautiously hopeful.

positron wrote: »
    I am predicting 250. But it all depends on how they do next 15 overs.

Looking like it, don't think, alas, that'll pose to much of a difficulty for India.

Indians can be unpredictable - they crashed out of world cup after losing to Bangladesh not too long ago! Fingers crossed they fall apart today, they will still get into Super Eights, so will Ireland. Chances are slim though..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Ireland into 13/2 with bookies.

Come On!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm not a cricket person so......

what would be a good result for ireland, to get within how many runs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chapo

Just an aside. Maybe this quote from the National Archives will explain how Ireland have done well so quickly?

If the GAA was eventually to prosper in Dublin, cricket was moving from being one of the most prominent games in Dublin to being a minority interest. Cricket had been played in Dublin as early as 1792, and in the mid-nineteenth century it was the most important game in city. It had, by now, been surpassed by other sports and cricket became a game largely (though far from exclusively) confined to the wealthier Dublin suburbs.
    http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/exhibition/dublin/sport.html

If we got to 250 I'd be delighted

Well done Potterfield. Nicely done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

This partnership is heading for well over 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Trampas

Fox1978 wrote: »
    If we got to 250 I'd be delighted

If we got that would be a great score. I think 200+ is a great score against India in India.

Advertisement