Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs India

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Should I take that literally? :D

Take it. ;)

Seriously Zak is way better and very important player. I'm not saying Harbhajan is a joker, he is an excellent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Take it. ;)

Seriously Zak is way better and very important player. I'm not saying Harbhajan is a joker, he is an excellent player.

If there is one thing I have noted about indian bowling attacks its that the function much better with a very strong spinner or two.
    I disagree with you. I think each is as important as the other to the current indian team.

I am a fan of Zaheer, for a lot of the same reasons I'm a fan of Harbhajan.
    Both are fine examples of their bowling style, both fearsome competitors, both have been seen to show up with the bat when their backs are against the wall.

I mean if you take Zaheer out, there really isn't a pace bowler who can replace him. Regardless of arm.
    The same is true for Harbhajan, no current Indian spinner really has his consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

d'Oracle wrote: »
    If there is one thing I have noted about indian bowling attacks its that the function much better with a very strong spinner or two.
    I disagree with you. I think each is as important as the other to the current indian team.

I am a fan of Zaheer, for a lot of the same reasons I'm a fan of Harbhajan.
    Both are fine examples of their bowling style, both fearsome competitors, both have been seen to show up with the bat when their backs are against the wall.

I mean if you take Zaheer out, there really isn't a pace bowler who can replace him. Regardless of arm.
    The same is true for Harbhajan, no current Indian spinner really has his consistency.

Fair enough. I would bet my last penny that most Indians would choose Zaheer over Harbhajan. This is nothing against Harbhajan who is one of my Fav player. I love his determination and never give up attitude. But just that Zak is irreplaceable.

I love having both in my team, but if there was ever a scenario to choose only one, it would be Zak.

Our finest, consistent bowling attack was in 2003 World cup. Srinath, Zak, Nehra (Who at that time was consistently hitting 140 KmPH mark) and Harbhajan.

Just checked the 2003 WC records.

Zak 18 wickets, 4.23 RPO
    Srinath 16 Wickets 4.04 RPO
    Nehra 15 Wickets 4.17 RPO

Advertisement