Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs India

Options
  • 03-03-2011 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Time to start the debate on the Ireland vs India match on 06 Mar,2011 09:00 AM GMT in M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.

I should be another cracker of a match.

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

realistically I think we need to win the toss and bat first. I cannot see us restricting the Indian bating lineup on this pancake if they bat first.

and to expect the boys to chase down over 300 for the second game in a row is asking a hell of a lot.

batting first and putting on 280 plus is the only way I see us perhaps winning as its generally easier to pick up wickets when a team is chasing a reasonable / high target.

I think Botha needs to come back into the team though. In my view instead of Wilson. Ok weakens the batting a little but I think the extra bowling option would be good to have and Botha is no mug with the bat either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 superirish

All the best to Ireland Team!

wow! what a great win against england!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I hope people don't get their hopes up. India are going to destroy Ireland, brutally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Although I said the same thing about the England game after the English innings was over (couldn't have been more happy to be wrong), chances of winning this game are extremely slim. Best thing would be to put up a fight and post a competitive total. Getting completely hammered would seriously dent the hopes of building up a new fan base for the game in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

We beat England and they drew with India so common sense says we will win comfortably :pac:

I fear this is gonna be a massacre :( It all about the games against the Windies and Netherlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Logic says India should walk it at a canter, and its gonna be a tall order to compete with an Indian team thats usually good at home and almost all the fans will be rooting for the home team.

Its likely to be a cautious game and Ireland definitely have a decent chance with their disciplined bowling and fielding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

India are up there with Australia as the worlds best in this format and have a fantastic team, i'd be happy with a good performance in this. Can't wait though, im dying to see how the lads will cope against Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag and co. on sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure we'll get hammered.

The game against England was wonderful, and something I'll always savour, but our performance against Bangladesh was closer to our normal standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Paddy Power has even worse odds on this match than the English one.
    1/50 on an India win (it was 1/33 for England) and 14/1 on an Ireland win (it was 10/1 for the England game). Just for pig iron I'm going for Ireland again - with some of PP's money but it's more in hope than expectation. Can lightening strike twice? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Paddy Power has even worse odds on this match than the English one.
    1/50 on an India win (it was 1/33 for England) and 14/1 on an Ireland win (it was 10/1 for the England game). Just for pig iron I'm going for Ireland again - with some of PP's money but it's more in hope than expectation. Can lightening strike twice? :D

There'll be holy war over there if it does, they do not take failure in cricket lightly over there one bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Don't think we can get close to India or SA. But I think we have a decent chance against WIndies. Target that one plus Netherlands and we can get to the QF's. Will not be easy though. Hopefully England game didn't drain the mental resources too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

spiralism wrote: »
    There'll be holy war over there if it does, they do not take failure in cricket lightly over there one bit

Tell me about it .....Rioting , stone throwing and effigy burning among other things;).....MS Dhoni knows that he and his team can't dare lose to Ireland on Sunday

The atmosphere will be unlike anything the Irish cricket team would have ever encountered in their lives and its a day night match to boot which should add to the spectacle....hoping its a cracker and an Indian win of course:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 chanianaus

As an Indian supporter i dont think ireland are a bad team at all,Once they learn to ignore the crowd pressure which cost them a match in Bangladesh.

But then its about a team where only 5 players are full time and a team where players get 10 - 40 million year from endorsements.

Well either ways there is going to tense envioumets at home me being blue jersey and mrs being green jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

CALLING ALL CRICKET EXPERTS - what would be a good bet to put on this, I take it an irish win is unlikely?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

fryup wrote: »
    CALLING ALL CRICKET EXPERTS - what would be a good bet to put on this, I take it an irish win is unlikely?

Its probably as likely as Fianna Fail going into coalition with FG next week when the dial resumes.

could happen but well i will lake you make up your mind how likely that makes it :cool::cool:

Ireland are at 14/1 to win which is a worthwhile longshot. Kevin O'Brien, hero of the win over England, as top Irish run scorer at 9/2 is another worthwhile bet. When a batsman hits form it can stick. If you feel that lightening will strike twice how about Kevin O'Brien as Man of the Match at 28/1. Otherwise watch the live betting. I could have made a fortune during the English match but I literally took my eye off the ball (Paddy Power) and only won €100. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but if you should get big odds, throw a small amount on. Cheeky.

OT, I don't see much chance here.
    As much as I believe that the batsmen can put a lot of pressure on, (like stirling did for a bit and like Kevin, Cusack and Mooney did) and even with dodgy pitches (I'm not sure what the track is like) Bowlers like Zaheer and Harbajhan won't react like the England pace attack did. These guys are fire breathing dicks and will fight harder in the face of sustained pressure.

I would love to be wrong and I would expect a strong performance, but I think the Windies is our best chance of another upset.

Also, Sachin.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Anyone going to the Russell Court hotel for this game on sunday? There is likely to be a big crowd with the employees from the sponsors (RSA Insurance) attending..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'd give it thought, but after the kicking my wallet took last weekend, I think I will have to stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

spiralism wrote: »
    India are up there with Australia as the worlds best in this format and have a fantastic team, i'd be happy with a good performance in this. Can't wait though, im dying to see how the lads will cope against Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag and co. on sunday

Dravid won't be a problem on Sunday as he hasn't played ODI cricket in yonks and wasn't considered for the squad.

India will win this, its a flat pitch and guys like Zaheer and Harhajan will probably blow us away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

Amazing scenes here from the win after the game! Hopefully more of the same tomorrow

Whitey is a legend!! Great work from him...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Couple of bets -

Top Irish wicket taker - Johnston @5.3
    Top Irish batsman - K O'Brien @6.0

Decent odds on lightening striking twice!

Gone with Kevin O'Brien to be top Irish scorer at 9/2 and I'll wait until the odds on an Irish victory reach 400/1 before having a punt on the outcome. :D

C'MON IRELAND!

Any streams for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Any streams for this?

http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/watchlive/

Its as pay site, but £6 for 2 months and well worth it. Shows all the football games in perfect quality. India-Ireland on channel 14

India win the toss and put Ireland in to bat.

OMG - Ireland's Call - the Irish National Anthem. :rolleyes: That said it's better than the Indian one!

Stirling out, his first ball, the 4th of the over. Porterfield dropped the previous ball

1-1

1/1 oh dear!

Now Joyce :( 9-2

• Advertisement

9/2 with Joyce caught. :(

Advertisement