Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Excuse me but the drinky cabinet can not handle a party just yet, however if we all meet in OG;s den of ... (OG what is your den dedicated to these days?) Iam sure he has a secret stash of fresh cool liquids. And at his age he also has hot chocolate and spare bunny slippers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Rubecula wrote: »
    ... (OG what is your den dedicated to these days?)..... :)

I don't think it ever changed...........still iniquity! That right OG?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

My den is in a state of infinite flux. It's malleable and can at the merest flick of a thought it will become the alter of whatever the hell I want it to be. However, 'tis capricious and dangerous to the inexperienced or unwary. Here be dragons.

Apparently I'm all wordsmithery today. Must be the lack of gin that normally befuddles by bonce at this hour of the morning.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    My den is in a state of infinite flux. It's malleable and can at the merest flick of a thought it will become the alter of whatever the hell I want it to be. However, 'tis capricious and dangerous to the inexperienced or unwary. Here be dragons.

Apparently I'm all wordsmithery today. Must be the lack of gin that normally befuddles by bonce at this hour of the morning.
    Infinite Flux?

We seem to be going back to the future here :D

Another great word.....wordsmithery. I once attended a creative writing course. The teacher asked us to write down our favourite word. Everyone came up with something clever, and had long explanations as to why it was their favourite word. When she came to me, I had written 'marmalade'. My reason......try writing marmalade in cursive flowing handwriting........its just....luvvely. I work hard at not being too clever. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I actually know a wordsmith, that's his actual job!

Still no idea what it means as a career and the fact he lives in his car is dissuading me from applying for a job doing it.. :D

He might be one of those people who write 'spin' for politicians. They are very clever wordsmiths. ;)

A wordsmith is a professional poet isn't it? Earns a living from composing poetry?

I happen to know a poet. Poor as a church mouse, she is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

A wordsmith is a professional poet isn't it? Earns a living from composing poetry?

I heard Enda has spent a lot of our money on them... yet not one of us has wept recently at a fading fair daffodill.. rather we've wept at our fading bank accounts... :(

(sorry)

• Advertisement

Anyone hear from Brenz lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not a sign for about a month, hope things are ok.

Not seen or heard anything from Brenz in ages, :(

Wondered about Brenz too as he usually tells us if he will be otherwise disposed.

This thread is (like the rest of us) getting old and infirm. We should be considering a new revitalised successor. I suggest "OldGoats drinky cabinet is OFF LIMITS to everyone else - bar Matron who is always welcome to fiddle about in my drawers" as a thread title.
    Can I see a show of hands?

Anyone?

Hello??

Would show a hand but are full of drinkypoos surreptitiously sneaked from the OLD OG drinks Cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

*looks round

I like what you've done with the place

Why, what have we done with the place? Who changed the curtains? And just WHERE did you hide my teapot? :mad:

And just where is God's Waiting Room?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Management decided upon a re-structuring paradigm that would enhance the engagement of interface users going forward

Woh?

• Advertisement

Hahahahahaha... best mod edit thread title change ever!! :D:D

But OG resigned from moddin', didinee?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    But OG resigned from moddin', didinee?

Well yes, but he is still here, and suggested the place needed a bit of livening up...what is livelier than a party? Don't answer that! :D

I want the comfy chair before the others arrive

Put the kettle on someone, I've brought cake.

Tea! Grrrrrreat stuff!

Now back to our title here. I remember a long time back we had a brainstorming (rolleyes.png) session to find a new title for this thread. Maybe we should have another go. Oh, I see you have already changed it AGAIN! Now I'm getting dizzy.

I have made a unilateral decision that variety is the spice of life. Be afraid, etc.:D

I am. I am afraid. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

OldGoat wrote: »
    Anyone hear from Brenz lately?
    looksee wrote: »
    Not a sign for about a month, hope things are ok.
    Not seen or heard anything from Brenz in ages, :(
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Wondered about Brenz too as he usually tells us if he will be otherwise disposed.

Thanks for your concern folks but fret ye not. After some nasty reactions and unscheduled B&B in the hostible in June and July, the medics changed my chemo recipe. The new stuff has some but much fewer side-effects so I suddenly found that I could do things that I haven't been able to do for a year or so:
    • I've got my fingernails back so my guitars are out of their hibernation;
    • My skin is UV proof now so I can go outside in daylight and re-introduce myself to the neighbours;
    • Fingertips have de-sensitised so I can use my camera, tools, keyboard, etc. without ouchie moments;
    • Stamina is better so I've attacked the great outdoors by foot.
    And.....my little, dark black, pet convertible car - the car which failed to make me more attractive to women - is in process of shedding its yellow number plates for proper (Irish) plates. Because of chemo, I couldn't maintain concentration on the (tedious, stressful and designed to fail) process of re-registering the car so my son and heir took the paperwork and has had several deep and meaningful conversations with "Revenue" over the last few weeks, during the three-hour daily window when they actually answer their phones. I'm not sure but I think I saw some grey hairs in my son's hair last week and the re-registering process hasn't got beyond stage one yet!

So I've been neglecting boards and Boardies' relentless slide into drunken debauchery. But you do seem to have managed quite well without me so perhaps I'll adopt a monitoring role, lurking in the ether like a sneaky speed cop with his hair-dryer, just watching...........poised........waiting for a boo-boo.

• Advertisement

Yay, that's really good news Brens! Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement