Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Layinghen wrote: »
    Cream or grey leather???? And I'm not Jelly:(:(

awww Hen I am so sorry but you girls have me all a fluster, please stop flashing those eyes at me for a min. No on second thoughts keep it up I love it LOL

The leather was creamy coloured, slightly darker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Don't worry Rubes....'so little time, so many women':D:D

Anyway, back to more serious matters, love that colour combination.

Layinghen wrote: »
    Don't worry Rubes....'so little time, so many women':D:D

Anyway, back to more serious matters, love that colour combination.

So did I, (sigh) oh well I will look out for something else, probably less sporty and more utilitarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Rubecula wrote: »
    So did I, (sigh) oh well I will look out for something else, probably less sporty and more utilitarian.

Are you talking about cars or wimmin?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Rubecula, Great plan to buy a treat after surgery and, although my username might suggest a certain bias, the Merc would be a sweet car in any colour combination. "Nothing moves you like a Merc" as they used to say.

After my first surgery, I focused on a new car rather than on my recovery pains. At the risk of sounding mega-wealthy, I now have two Mercs, one monster from the middle Jurassic period, the other the sweetest little SLK on the road. Both give me a great boost to drive - if your car has the Merc bonnet star, you can use it like a rifle sight. If I'm so down that I can't drive, I often sit in one or the other, with the wurless on, and simply luxuriate.

The only "slight" problem with the SLK is that one of my stated pre-purchase requirements of the car was that it should make me more attractive to women. Total failure there! And, for some reason, Merc won't refund the money! Though with your film star looks and charm, that may not be a problem for you.

Go forth and seek out the Benz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

D'ya know what? I love enthusiasm! I don't care about cars, they are just something to get me (and as much awkward luggage as possible) from a to b. But I do like to see someone be really passionate about something, to enjoy it and be enthusiastic.

I get enthusiastic about my medieval stuff, I have no idea why, its just something that I identify with somehow. I can think about it, spend money on it (:D), do stuff and dream about visiting museums in Scandinavia.

People get enthusiastic about all sorts of things and its great. But I have also had people say 'I love the way you are so enthusiastic about your hobby, I wish I had something like that'. But they are too busy or preoccupied with daily life to just have a dream. You don't need a lot of time or brain space to enjoy some particular thing. Even if you can only think about it, its worth doing. Whether its line dancing or cars, history or holidays, or even making soup (:D) do it, and allow yourself to enjoy it!

looksee wrote: »
    ... the kind of stools i am thinking of were quite basic and not turned. However I have taken very keen note of the fact that you do wood turning :-) I like to keep track of people with those kind of skills. Have you ever used a pole lathe?

No, my wood lathe has an electrical engine because (apparently) us men can't do two things at a time, i.e. work the cord with one hand or feet and hold a chisel with the other hand. Any way, if not the seats, maybe you would like the legs turned?

Although I turn wood, the pieces are usually part of something bigger, i.e. furniture or fancy boat parts. I'm not so bothered with bowls or lamp stands.

Some years ago, while on an exotic holiday at the local landfill, I saw some fairly large pieces of an apple tree. Naturally, these pieces automatically became mine. I dried them and eventually turned them.....into wooden apples in their own apple wood bowl! My late dad asked about this "sculpture" and, when I told him the story, he said that, some weeks earlier, he had "pruned" loads off his apple tree - the tree that, as kids, we explored - and dumped the pieces in the landfill.

Now, my grandson plays with the wooden apples, made from the tree that my dad planted in the early 60's, that my mother treated and cherished for decades, that my siblings, buddies and I had played in, that I found and worked back to life and that his dad (and auntie) played with as a child.

Soppy story, eh? I don't care. I see these wooden apples linking four generations......and maybe more to come!

looksee wrote: »
    D'ya know what? I love enthusiasm! I don't care about cars, they are just something to get me (and as much awkward luggage as possible) from a to b. But I do like to see someone be really passionate about something, to enjoy it and be enthusiastic.

I get enthusiastic about my medieval stuff, I have no idea why, its just something that I identify with somehow. I can think about it, spend money on it (:D), do stuff and dream about visiting museums in Scandinavia.

Here here!

"I get enthusiastic about my medieval stuff, I have no idea why..." Well, I do! It's because it's fascinating!

It's wonderful to see someone's face light up when they talk about their interests. Alternatively, it's saddening to see people after, say, redundancy, retirement or children leaving the nest, going into a nosedive because.....there's nothing else in their lives except work, work colleagues or offspring.

Recently, having had a few tussles with mortality, I feel blessed to be fascinated by music, photography, celtic art, boats, big dogs, radio, cars, aviation, wood, ladies (well, one lady!) and my latest - astronomy. These are my refuges when down in the dumps and I have no doubt that, because of them, I'm still here, moaning and bitching about stuff and irritating the population of Earth rather than the inhabitants of Heaven.

PS: Being aware that wood eventually decays, anyone here know anything about stone carving?

Latest news folks. I have (rather reluctantly I admit) given the oul Merc a miss. After all I can't force the dealer to sell to me. I could have looked elsewhere, but the pause has made me think a little more sensibly.

Today I took a VW Sharan for a test drive, paid my deposit, and offered me oul Passat in P/X.

No a diesel Sharan is not a great sporty car. BUT it is a great load lugger. (Ideal with a backside like mine :D ) Besides I do seem to have developed a tendencyu to have a difficult time getting in and out of a "normal" car.

The test drive went really well, and I actually enjoyed the higher driving position. A feeling of regal power overtook me as I stormed down the motorway and passed a few slow moving things, such as snails, worms and the odd road kill.

Anyway it will take a couple of weeks to siort it out due to a few problems (with me, not the car) Very reasonable deal too. So good in fact I didn't try to barter a better price.

I can't wait LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I rather fancy one of these in Black meself. It would go nicely with my violin case! :D No, really! I could frighten people.

• Advertisement

...Today I took a VW Sharan for a test drive, paid my deposit, and offered me oul Passat in P/X.

Congrats, Rubecula. After all, you can only get one lady-type person into an SLK but the Sharan will take an entire harem. Does it have the magic sliding doors? But you know, if you ever take the Sharan to Dublin you will have to change its name to Shard'n.
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I rather fancy one of these in Black meself. It would go nicely with my violin case! :D No, really! I could frighten people.

Whoh? I hope........you're not serious! Elsewhere on boards, when asked what was the ugliest car ever produced, I suggested the Chrysler PT, adding that it was a great "PT" that the car was ever released. Hoards of these monstrosities convey precious little angels to our local gaelscoil every morning and even the Woof objects to them when they pass by.

But I would be so cool in that car!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Latest news folks.
    No a diesel Sharan is not a great sporty car. BUT it is a great load lugger. (Ideal with a backside like mine :D ) Besides I do seem to have developed a tendencyu to have a difficult time getting in and out of a "normal" car.

Too many cars you have to get "down" to get into and then when getting out, you have to "climb up".

These 4x4 types offer us (well, me anyway) the chance to just "get into" where the seat height is the same height as your back-side though some of them you have to get up to get into them.

Anyway, I sold my car back in March, as with the free travel pass, I can get to most places I want to go to. No NCT, no tax, no vehicle insurance, no servicing and the money I save on these extras I can afford to take a taxi from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Eric_Heptonstall+-+motorcycle-74+blogspot+com.jpg

:)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

......the free travel pass......

I don't qualify yet (flutter flutter eyelashes.....if I had any eyelashes left) but they'll have to drag me, kicking and screaming, out of my car, even if I'm the only person in the world still polluting the atmosphere.

Hmmm, well.....I might consider an electrical car, if and when they get the range to take me from Centre of Cosmos to, say, Cork and back. We might have to negotiate with d'ESB to supply that special car electricity but, as far as I know, d'ESB don't change their prices as often as Mr. Texaco and his buddies.

And the guvverment aren't milking electric cars for every penny they can.

Since my dark black two-seater convertible failed to make me more attractive to women, maybe a tree-huggers' electrical car would work. I like the idea of engaging the car's "silent running mode", turning my baseball hat sideways, sneaking up on hoodies, blasting them with a megahorn and telling them to "rap that". That would be like ossum, maybe even like surreal.

Is the other fella Dixon?

OldGoat wrote: »
    IMG snipped :)

:)

My 'Uncle John'

gallery%20pic%20john%20hartle%205.jpg

Even on a phone card (remember them?)

John-Hartle.jpg

Thought I might tell youze lot first, rather than Oar. T. E. and the newspapers: It has been confirmed by independent and authoritative personnel that BrensBenz has a new layer of fuzz on his bonce. As yet, the colour of this covering cannot be determined beyond "see through" but, since all of the brown stuff fell out first, leaving the grey / white stuff to disappear later, perhaps the brown will again be first. That would be fairer since my salt and pepper beard, which fell out one afternoon, all over the keyboard as I wrote a post for boards, returned the next day dressed as salt only.

Ever sympathetic and practical, Mrs. BrensBenz doesn't think it necessary yet to buy new grooming utensils - "you can use this old toothbrush for now."

I haven't decided on a style yet and am open to suggestions. Also, I'll probably continue to wear my baldy oulfella's hat, the one which allows me to interpret the rules of the road in any way I like.

It's actually growing quite quikly , gettng imm y eys (flik) soo i ca'nt seee (flik) wot i'M rytin aneemor butt spelcheq wil surt it owht..proballee

A quiff will suit you well Brens! Just long enough so you have to pucker up and blow it in an upward direction off your forehead. But the trend at the moment is the swept-up look, a bit like Mr. Beckham's fetching hairstyle these days. Don't forget the hairspray!

Get a Princess Leia style ( I think that is how he name is spelled) Maybe you can get a role in the new Star Wars series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Get it cut like mine :)http://digitaloutbackphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Scene-Hairstyles-Very-Short.jpg

Of course mine isn't that colour...that'd be silly!

Mines purple :D

Brens could colour his Leinster Blue or be adventurous with the Dublin two tone blue :D

Congrats on the fuzz Brens.

Get a Princess Leia style ( I think that is how he name is spelled) Maybe you can get a role in the new Star Wars series?

What is it about Princess Laya/Leia and fellas? She keeps turning up in comedy sketches as the fantasy of fellas. I just don't get it. :confused:

And news just in:-

"A gang of evil fairies are believed to be behind an audacious raid in NCD last night. A prominent local resident awoke to find that his newly-acquired hair-do had been stolen. The scene has been closed for technical examination. Let's hand over to Fionnawnahawn McGillimurphycuddy who is at the scene:"

"Tanks Shard'n: Well, dis wonderful town is in shock dis mornin', tinkin' dah such a crime could be committed while day were in dare beds, asleep.

According to local experts, fairy activity inside in dis area is quite common, frequently robin childers' teeth for a modest sum and using dem to build dare special little fairy houses. It's a mystery as to why day would want to steal a hair-do dough buh, an' not leave a penny in payment.

The victim's identity has been withheld but he is known to be a cranky oul b@$t@rd, a fawder of two, who is often seen with a woof and gurcake. Sources close to deh cranky oul b@$t@rd victim have exclusively revealed to Oar. T. E. dah she didn't even hear wan "doink" as deh hairs were being removed. His scalp will now resume deh role of being a shining example to deh wurld.

Deh Gorthee Special Hair-Do Squad are expected hear any minute an' day will be wearing big, baggy forenzik soots over dare gansies and will be carrying dare breakfast rolls in shiny brief cases.

Local sources are shocked - "nawhin' loike diss has ever happened here befower" said the local counciller, "buh ih isn't err fault. Are you sayin' it IS err fault? 'Ear, are you sayin'.........

Now, back to Shard'n inside in deh stewdeo."

"Tanks, Fionnawnahawn and I hope your black eye gets behher real soon. Now, udder news..........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh thats a pity Brenz, though I think baldy heads are kinda cute (on a fella, or Sinead O'connor (provided she is singing rather than talking)). Be sure and wear something to cover it though or you could get sunstroke :eek:.

Aw Brens, that's shockin' to tink that faeries and imps can creep in a take yer lovely mullet wot you grue all by yerself. :(

Can I be serious for a minute please? Ages and ages ago I recommended Master Rube begin writing his block buster book (I hope he has done so by now!). Now I am encouraging you to write either your block buster book, or become a playwright and write a play based on your meanderings and musings. You would give Roddy Doyle a run for his money! If you need a good typist, I am available!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Aw Brens, that's shockin' to tink that faeries and imps can creep in a take yer lovely mullet wot you grue all by yerself. :(

Can I be serious for a minute please? Ages and ages ago I recommended Master Rube begin writing his block buster book (I hope he has done so by now!). Now I am encouraging you to write either your block buster book, or become a playwright and write a play based on your meanderings and musings. You would give Roddy Doyle a run for his money! If you need a good typist, I am available!

I would be happy to work closely with Brens to be honest. My book is never going to get finished lol

So what's keepin' yiz? Gerron with it!

Jaysus lads just do as she says:eek:

Good girl Jellybaby, somebody's got to get these min in order;)

• Advertisement

When we wimmin flex our mussels the min have t'jump! High.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement