Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad 16gb wifi 379 new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

buy it through a business and you get it for €312 ex vat......

simple observation but quite a few people can do it this way

That's what I did. Been dodging the bullet for a while but snatched one last night after seeing the OP. Free engraving as well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm not throwing their details around for mass hysteria PM's,

So you agree.... €250-280 is quite cheap?

If they would PM you trying to sell it, do them a favour and list their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Linoge wrote: »

I'll PM them back asking, I'm not lambasting their names out for people to fire PM's left right and centre,

If they agree I'll list their names here, and afaik I'm pretty sure its against boards policy to be flogging **** through pms, its what adverts is for,

*PMs Sent, so I'll add names if the users want and you can get back to them *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I'll PM them back asking, I'm not lambasting their names out for people to fire PM's left right and centre,

If they agree I'll list their names here, and afaik I'm pretty sure its against boards policy to be flogging **** through pms, its what adverts is for,

*PMs Sent, so I'll add names if the users want and you can get back to them *

Thanks for that. You can direct them to this ad.

http://www.adverts.ie/ipod-mp3/ipad/478961

I am going to buy all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

buy it through a business and you get it for €312 ex vat......

simple observation but quite a few people can do it this way

new or refurb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

new obviously.....€312 + VAT is €379!

My business is paying for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I'm selling mine to pick up the 2nd gen. The first one is great, and still is, but I use FaceTime a lot, even if others don't, so it's a worthwhile upgrade for me.

new obviously.....€312 + VAT is €379!

My business is paying for it though.

well i didnt feckin know that!
    i work for a small engineering company part time and were all more or less friends, so whats the process for getting it vat free? sorry i know little about this kinda thing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got a 32gb version on Adverts for €300, so there are definately bargains to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

compub off grafton street are all out of 16gb wifi versions. They have everything else but not the €379 version.

I ordered online through bethrifty (3% cashback).

• Advertisement

I want one !

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Im shifting my 16GB to make way for a new one too.

Hoping for 290 but we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Was in Malaga airport on Monday coming home from a stag weekend. Popped into the electronics shop in the departures lounge.

They were selling the 16gb wifi iPad for a princely sum of 650 euros!!! Now that's a bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,317 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm gonna call you out on this and say you are talking absolute bollox. Why are they sending you PMs in the first place? If they are that desperate to sell - why not stick an ad up on Adverts.ie?

Rather than check what they are selling for everyone is just dying to randomly PM you and offer you theirs for sale for well below asking. ROLLEYES
    Been posting on the Apple media Devices forum.

Most have said they are putting on adverts in the next couple of days, they all offered between €250 and €280, approximetely 8 posters as I said I'd only be interested in that price.

To what gain do I have to lie, to sounds "cool" ? Just posting helpful information as to what a few posters here have offered me.

capturemja.png

I'm not throwing their details around for mass hysteria PM's,

I'd have said an apology was warranted somewhere there tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Culann

http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/01/ipad-3-is-the-tablet-worth-getting-excited-about-not-the-ipad-2-apple-staffer-claims/#

iPad 3 may be out before the end of the year, prices will be even lower. Hopefully it will have all the things we would like it to have...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Culann wrote: »
    http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/01/ipad-3-is-the-tablet-worth-getting-excited-about-not-the-ipad-2-apple-staffer-claims/#

iPad 3 may be out before the end of the year, prices will be even lower. Hopefully it will have all the things we would like it to have...

Dont really belive that link - cannot see another ipad being release this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

but several rumors have suggested we may see a third-generation iPad launch this fall.
    Every. Single. Time.
    Apple release one version per year. 2007-2008-2009-2010;iPhone-3G-3GS-4

They will not be releasing another model version of the iPad this year, no matter how many rumours appear from alleged Apple staff. The site you linked to claimed that Apple staff told them Jobs would talk about MobileMe at the Apple event. He didn't.

Given that we're likely to see iPad shortages (as per usual), with them being mainly unavailable for widespread sale until late April/Early May, it would be a nightmare - not only from a production POV, but a PR one - to introduce a major version upgrade 3-5 months after that.

At best, they may launch some kind of iPad-lite 7", 8GB device with the iPhone 5 in June, but there is absolutely no way they will launch another version upgrade of the iPad before February 2012.

I'm 95% confident I won't have to eat my words :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

^ what seamus said.

At the event, Jobs also described 2011 as "the year of the iPad 2", which I think puts the nail in the coffin of these iPad 3-before-Christmas rumours. It's not gonna happen. This rumour is either the concoction of Apple's competitors who are trying to get potential buyers to delay their purchase until their so-called iPad-killer devices are ready, or it's something the tech bloggers came up with the cover the fact that they've been talking sh1te all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Culann

Fair enough. Either way it's coming, so I won't be getting any iPad 2. I'd rather wait to see if they put the Retina display on the 3 or see what the Android crowd come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Fair enough. Either way it's coming, so I won't be getting any iPad 2. I'd rather wait to see if they put the Retina display on the 3 or see what the Android crowd come up with.
    well by the time next year comes around there will probably be a new "must have (eg retina display now)" that the ipad3 doesnt have and youll wait for ipad 4. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

Fair enough. Either way it's coming, so I won't be getting any iPad 2......
    and that's that! You hear me? No, no, no , no , no!

why are people still putting up their 16gigs for 350+ ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Don't sell your old apples, reuse them!

icade_main_zoom_thumb.jpg

beer-server.jpg

anyone else got any good deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Ipad 1, waste of money. Hold off and grab a tasty alternative in the next few months.

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Ipad 1, waste of money. Hold off and grab a tasty alternative in the next few months.

an android device?
    any honeycomb will more than likely be more expensive.
    the ipad is tried and tested and is very refined. i love my android phone but i will be buying an ipad 1st gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

an android device?
    the ipad is tried and tested and is very refined. i love my android phone but i will be buying an ipad 1st gen.

The Notion Ink ADAM is cheaper.. Mine has just been shipped.. Doesn't have honeycomb yet but won't take long until it is

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

an android device?

But it won't be a closed system, you'll be able to multitask, there'll be Flash, and you can expand the memory. Ipad1 is old already, and far behind already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Ipad 1, waste of money.....
    Total and utter BS

• Advertisement

when i see a tablet as refined as the ipad ill get it

Advertisement