Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad 16gb wifi 379 new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Gone down due to new iPad model. Just saying!

Good deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Be worth checking refurb prices tonight, refurb prices usually update midnight , might snatch a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Gone down due to new iPad model. Just saying!

Good deal though.

Yeah, look at the new iPad 2 on the Apple site and decide for yourself, the new one looks like a decent jump forward and one would expect no increase to standard prices. I know which one I would rather have...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

My bet would be 329€ for refurb because they were €449, 50€ less than the previous rrp of €499. Thats a good deal really because for many people the new ipad wont bring that many benefits other than it being thinner. You'll survive just fine without the camera and facetime, and the dual core chip would only really be of use when gaming IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think Adverts might be an even better bet. The Apple fans will be getting rid of their iPads for the latest one so you might snatch a great deal there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Quite true and with apple dropping the 1st gen to 379€ and therefore, presumably, dropping the price of refurbs, a good nick 16gb ipad should only be fetching about 300€ max

Think Adverts might be an even better bet. The Apple fans will be getting rid of their iPads for the latest one so you might snatch a great deal there.

been posting on the apple forum and have had seven PM's since

All offering 16gb wifi version for €250

People will be desperate to flog their Version 1 to upgrade for Version 2 ( for those wanting to upgrade)

So I'd say we will see a stable price of between €200-250 for second hand 16gb Wifi versions

i'm very tempted at the moment but just dont see myself using it that much : /

Laptops, dekstops and servers scatter my house, I dont do "sitting on the couch browsing"

I sit at the PC

Probably just going to pass, and it will take all my strength

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

TheDoc wrote: »

People will be desperate to flog their Version 1 to upgrade for Version 2 ( for those wanting to upgrade)

So I'd say we will see a stable price of between €200-250 for second hand 16gb Wifi versions

Laptops, dekstops and servers scatter my house, I dont do "sitting on the couch browsing"

I sit at the PC

Point me in the right direction :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

I sit at the PC

me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Binder

Me 3! Reckon I might just buy one for 379 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

People are actually selling their 1st Gen iPad that's probably 6 months old for half the RRP?

All I can say is - "baaaaaaaaaaaaa"!

iPad 2 - slightly slimmer, slightly lighter, faster, a magnetic curtain and front-and-back cameras? No thanks!

I'll keep my 1st Gen iPad thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Basq wrote: »
    People are actually selling their 1st Gen iPad that's probably 6 months old for half the RRP?

All I can say is - "baaaaaaaaaaaaa"!

iPad 2 - slightly slimmer, slightly lighter, faster, a magnetic curtain and front-and-back cameras? No thanks!

I'll keep my 1st Gen iPad thanks! ;)

The perils of an early adopter!

The choice for someone looking to buy their first tablet now though is not so clear cut, do you save a few quid and buy the obsolete product or splash the cash and get the latest version? Or (more likely for me anyway) stay sitting on the fence for another few months to see what other new tabs come on the market?

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    The perils of an early adopter!
    To be honest.. what they did is the equivalent of upgrading the iPhone 3G to 3GS.

Other than the bump in speed (iPad is fast enough for me as it tbh) and cameras (I'm not gonna go on a diatribe against "video calls" / Facetime again), it's lighter and slimmer and has a optional magnetic curtain for $39.

That's it!

I'm gonna wait for something a little more substantial before upgrading.

I mean.. correct me if I'm wrong.. other than the cameras, the iPad 1G can do everything the iPad 2G can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

refurb prices 10% off....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Basq wrote: »
    other than the cameras, the iPad 1G can do everything the iPad 2G can.
    ...just not as quickly or as stylishly ;)

You're right though, if I had an iPad 1G I wouldn't be inclined to upgrade, it's not a big enough jump. As we've seen with the iPhone, there's rarely enough of a jump from generation to generation to justify an upgrade. Most people should be looking at switching every two years, if they want to switch at all.

Edit: Where's the link to the refurb stuff? :)

seamus wrote: »
    Edit: Where's the link to the refurb stuff? :)
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Still not worth it IMO. Gonna wait for the prices to really drop before getting one. I'm not that lazy to carry around my laptop... yet.

Still not worth it IMO. Gonna wait for the prices to really drop before getting one. I'm not that lazy to carry around my laptop... yet.
    This is Apple.... prices won't "really drop". ;)

I paid €300 for an iPhone on launch.. the iPhone 4 is twice that.

And it's not inflation.. it's a combination of success, massive units shifted and a sprinkling of greed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It should be kept in mind that this price drop is just to clear out old stock. Once the new models are released the cheapest iPad will be 499 again. Anyone waiting for new prices to go lower than this is going to be waiting a long time. Like several years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

anybody know what warranty comes with a refurbished unit?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

etcetc wrote: »
    anybody know what warranty comes with a refurbished unit?
    Same as a new one.

madmoe wrote: »
    Where are the refurbs listed guys??
    Basq posted it above:

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

ahhhhhhh, very tempted....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I'm gonna call you out on this and say you are talking absolute bollox. Why are they sending you PMs in the first place? If they are that desperate to sell - why not stick an ad up on Adverts.ie?

Rather than check what they are selling for everyone is just dying to randomly PM you and offer you theirs for sale for well below asking. ROLLEYES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

It should be kept in mind that this price drop is just to clear out old stock. Once the new models are released the cheapest iPad will be 499 again. Anyone waiting for new prices to go lower than this is going to be waiting a long time. Like several years.

Ah here... Several years?!

There'll be a new iPad out in a years time or less. The iPad 1 took a value hit yesterday and it'll keep dropping in value as newer models arrive. You're having a laugh if you think the price is going to hold for 'several years' :pac:

Ah here... Several years?!

There'll be a new iPad out in a years time or less. The iPad 1 took a value hit yesterday and it'll keep dropping in value as newer models arrive. You're having a laugh if you think the price is going to hold for 'several years' :pac:
    If you mean second hand prices, then yes, obviously. I'm talking about new prices.

Linoge wrote: »
    I'm gonna call you out on this and say you are talking absolute bollox. Why are they sending you PMs in the first place? If they are that desperate to sell - why not stick an ad up on Adverts.ie?

Rather than check what they are selling for everyone is just dying to randomly PM you and offer you theirs for sale for well below asking. ROLLEYES

Been posting on the Apple media Devices forum.

Most have said they are putting on adverts in the next couple of days, they all offered between €250 and €280, approximetely 8 posters as I said I'd only be interested in that price.

To what gain do I have to lie, to sounds "cool" ? Just posting helpful information as to what a few posters here have offered me.

capturemja.png

I'm not throwing their details around for mass hysteria PM's,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

buy it through a business and you get it for €312 ex vat......

simple observation but quite a few people can do it this way

Advertisement