Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skull Girls discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Beowulf and Annie, regardless of how their playstyles are really dumb and irritating character designs, I think. I don't want to hear their voices or see their spites, ever. Aeon's playstyle doesn't make much sense other than as a boss (NOT tournament legal). Eliza is an ABA clone, I never really liked ABA but she seems OK. I don't like Isaac's playstyle; it's gimmicky and I doubt many people will put the time into making it good. Those who do will be like El Feurte in SF4; nobody really knows what's going on but the guy playing him. Could be fun, could be frustrating. Minette has the same problem; akward playstyle. It's going to be like Phoenix Wright in marvel; trying to power up tips before you get rushed down... isn't this meant to be a fighting game? Panzerfaust, I kinda like. I like slow, big characters with simple combos and he seems to fit the bill. Stanley could turn out pretty much any way but it looks like he could be a good zoner with good movement, which would be nice since I really hate Peacock's movement, especially her dashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Beowulf and Annie seem to be the most popular duo right now, and as a voted-in pair they'd compliment each other nicely.

I still want Isaac of this top 8 in, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

I think Annie looks really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm really shocked Aeon has made it this far, especially since Venus is already gone.

Despite my dislike of the character I still think Stanley has this vote in the bag.

skullgirls-top4.png

Wow, Aeon got in top 4. That's really surprising.

• Advertisement

Oh crap...

I really hope Eliza wins this now. I'll even take Annie.

Put it all on Annie. That magical Sol-parody is our only hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

9kIxvWCl.jpg

Clearly the only choice.

Them other suckers may as well roll over now, only one character in this top 4's tough enough to deserve the win.

tumblr_mlidinIv171rhk4y2o1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Let's go Minette.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ugh, what a disappointing result :(

Ugh, what a disappointing result :(
    I'd say there'll be a more male heavy vote in the second vote.

...but vote Minette.

Alex Ahad mentioned that if Minette is picked her customer attacks could be NPCs submitted by high donators. Sairus could be playable in Skullgirls. Just think about it.

Voting time! GET TO IT!
    V6z5mu4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm a little sad that Molly didn't make the cut( or Panzerfaust), but I'm gonna give Eliza the last vote cause the whole mechanic behind her sounds boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Pity for Microsoft that I already bought it for PS3 - I wasn't up for waiting.

But General Ivan has an idea who the winner will be, and is preparing his audition as we speak. https://soundcloud.com/generalivan/annie-of-the-stars

The Patch submitted on Monday to Microsoft. It was indicated it might actually only take a week of certification to get passed.

Then it turned out Konami sent in the wrong version of the patch.

Double post woo.

Aside from the aforementioned 360 Patch delay, two main changes were shown at Salty Cupcakes tonight:

First, every time you do a super a character portrait will flash in behind the characters MvC1 style.

Second, Squigly was shown off in a more complete version as usual which showcased how her stances are going to work. They're complicated to explain, but really easy to use.

She'll have two stances - Dragon Stance (Punches) and Whip Stance (Kicks).

To activate a stance you input QCF+P/K. The stance stays active while you hold the button. Releasing the button will activate a special move.
    Each stance has 3 specials in it. Whichever punch/kick you use to activate the stance will give you access to one special. Her dragon stance currently has a 1 Inch Punch and a Dragon Punch. (eg: Input QCF+HP, hold, then release and she'll do a DP)
    Each stance has 2 levels - if you hold the stance for a short time it levels up and makes any special move performed in the stance more powerful.
    Pressing any button during a stance will cancel it.

Also, you can just input a QCF+P/K and immediately release it like a standard input and you'll get an immediate stance cancel. This way you can cancel out of any of her normals with a quick stance input.

I'm not sure if you can block while in a stance, but it looks like you can dash in the Dragon Stance at least.

You can see it in action at 2:48:00ish in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/395755871

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That sounds like a pretty cool mechanic.

Round one of the DLC vote is over! Eliza joins the cast.

tumblr_mlyej1RAto1rmvijso1_500.jpg

..my last second, unfinished Minette art in preparation for her win goes unused until round 2.

eVxjxEI.png

• Advertisement

Thank f**k for that!

Man this is pretty:

935730_506581746075991_1601982211_n.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It'd be prettier if Panzerfaust was in it :(

(no, I'm not letting this go)

It'd be prettier if Panzerfaust was in it :(

(no, I'm not letting this go)

He'll be there.

In the background.
    Where he belongs.

Totally didn't realise this, but you can get your digital thingies here:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

(use the email you used on Indiegogo)

Next round is up! This time, you rank the characters by preference, which should give some different and interesting results!

For anyone confused, this is the correct way to rank the characters;

Untitled-7_zps4b2628a6.png

It's so nice seeing all these people not voting Leduc in the bottom 10. Such sensibility warms my heart.

Looking back, i think I would have ranked Eliza about 6th. Pretty good result for me, especially considering how I feel about the rest of the final 4...

Second Vote Results are down to the Top 10

Aeon
    Annie
    Beowulf
    B. Dahlia
    Feng
    Isaac
    Minette
    Panzerfaust
    Stanley
    Venus

Also, Alex Ahad has been posting some of the very rough concepts they've been throwing around for the characters.

tumblr_mmjzhaOR5Z1s4c693o2_1280.png

tumblr_mmf9422nEc1s4c693o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmf9422nEc1s4c693o1_1280.png

You can see the rest at these links:

http://o-8.tumblr.com/post/50043975096/officialskullgirls-here-are-more-concepts-itd

http://o-8.tumblr.com/post/49845340159/officialskullgirls-hi-guys-this-message-comes

Big Band also got a bunch of images over on labzero.com:

big_band_077_timpany_buster.png

big_band_102_honk.png

big_band_073_war_tuba_cannons.png

http://labzerogames.com/big-band-concepts/

• Advertisement

tumblr_mmqczryHEK1rip8ybo2_1280.jpg

Annie has Volcanic Viper AND can henshin into an even cuter/deadlier form.

If you don't vote her #1 you're a chump.

Advertisement