Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, who is going to be a smug bastard when petrol goes over €1.50?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mesosplody

kona wrote: »
    Well,

With all the fun and games kicking off in the middle east, the fact that the country is fooked and petrol is likely to get another few cent added on in the next budget or even before if some looney government gets in, there is reports that fuel is being rationed in Dublin Port Today, its not inconcievable that petrol will reach €1.50+ very soon.

This IMO will make many people both commuters and taxi Drivers, some of which are the usual anti cyclist looney bin characters what you see on this site, look to alternative means of Transport.
    Add in C2W being one of the few savings these days, cycling could be welcoming a few new recruits.

Wonder how Tim Allen will look in a pair of lycra shorts and a nice Cervelo between his legs (small frame of course)

What do you all think of this? Personally I cant wait!
    :pac:

Plus we havnt had a decent "friday thread" in a good while :p
    Another gem from this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mesosplody

Sitec wrote: »
    I travel 160km a day for 15e.

No insurance. No tax. No NCT.

WiFi included.
    Superman?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

mesosplody wrote: »
    Superman?
    No! its train-travelling-man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

mesosplody wrote: »
    Another gem from this guy.

Oh do elaborate! Another gem? Wow.

Can't wait until you're relocated to anywhere outside your urban idyll where chaffing will wear the bollix out of you.

Relocated?Yea right, Id rather get the hell out of the country than work in Bally go backwards..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Well,

With all the fun and games kicking off in the middle east, the fact that the country is fooked and petrol is likely to get another few cent added on in the next budget or even before if some looney government gets in, there is reports that fuel is being rationed in Dublin Port Today, its not inconcievable that petrol will reach €1.50+ very soon.

This IMO will make many people both commuters and taxi Drivers, some of which are the usual anti cyclist looney bin characters what you see on this site, look to alternative means of Transport.
    Add in C2W being one of the few savings these days, cycling could be welcoming a few new recruits.

Wonder how Tim Allen will look in a pair of lycra shorts and a nice Cervelo between his legs (small frame of course)

What do you all think of this? Personally I cant wait!
    :pac:

people will use their cars less , revenue will be down , excellent time to introduce a cylist tax , lets see how about €199 per year to start with ?

danbohan wrote: »
    people will use their cars less , revenue will be down , excellent time to introduce a cylist tax , lets see how about €199 per year to start with ?

How about €400 a year car tax? Less cars so we gotta get money somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

danbohan wrote: »
    people will use their cars less , revenue will be down...
    And then they will put up the (already crazy high) motor tax and fuel tax again to compensate.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oh do elaborate! Another gem? Wow.

I'd definitely take it as a compliment Kona, although I'm not sure how someone who has only been on the site for less than a month can already have formed an opinion;)

Beasty wrote: »
    I'd definitely take it as a compliment Kona, although I'm not sure how someone who has only been on the site for less than a month can already have formed an opinion;)

or a informed opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Sitec wrote: »
    I travel 160km a day for 15e.

No insurance. No tax. No NCT.

WiFi included.

Thats great but there are not train/bus routes in rural areas - many of us are dependent on our cars to get to work but soon will not be worth my while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well I would dispute that the comment was made to highlight the ridiculous nature of Kona's original post. Smug over the rising of world oil prices ?? Sad and vindictive comment which tbh effects EVERYONE.

So cycling doesnt make you superior in this respect. I walk to work, the car sits at home for occasional use. Would I like to see higher oil prices?? No because only someone with an IQ of em 2.0 would see this as a benefit to anything. Kona do you actually understand the effect of this on everything you use on a daily basis? Food , Electricity, Clothing, sure it will even make your superior 2 wheeled rubber more expensive.

Foolish comment is foolish.

Regards,

Lister.

listermint wrote: »
    Well I would dispute that the comment was made to highlight the ridiculous nature of Kona's original post. Smug over the rising of world oil prices ?? Sad and vindictive comment which tbh effects EVERYONE.

So cycling doesnt make you superior in this respect. I walk to work, the car sits at home for occasional use. Would I like to see higher oil prices?? No because only someone with an IQ of em 2.0 would see this as a benefit to anything. Kona do you actually understand the effect of this on everything you use on a daily basis? Food , Electricity, Clothing, sure it will even make your superior 2 wheeled rubber more expensive.

Foolish comment is foolish.

Regards,

Lister.

Do you know where it is posted? Cycling forum. Do you Cycle? Do you know the crap cyclists get off motorists?
    Its in the context of a cyclist, obviously Im not overly excited about paying €1.50 a litre (yes I do own a car).

*****insert cool internet statement*******

Regards,

Kona

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

could be a long time lurker?...4 weeks is enough to form an opinon.

i'm here a lot longer,in this case i agree,as do others-yet no comment on their post? Smug thanks whoring alive and well still i see.I'd expect more from a Mod, than to dismiss someone purely on their length of their Boards account registration.

Relocated?Yea right, Id rather get the hell out of the country than work in Bally go backwards..

so anywhere outside your urban area is ballygobackwards? way to go to reinforce your charming personality.
    Rising prices is bad for everyone,in one form or another-seems like you're more like the title of this thread than motorists.
    I cycle too btw,so not cyclist bashing,but the attitude of some cyclists on this forum is appalling.
    A major reason i don't frequent this forum, {others too i'd imagine}

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do you know where it is posted? Cycling forum. Do you Cycle? Do you know the crap cyclists get off motorists?
    Its in the context of a cyclist, obviously Im not overly excited about paying €1.50 a litre (yes I do own a car).

*****insert cool internet statement*******

Regards,

Kona

Why yes I cycled to and obviously home from school, college and work all in all approximately 8 years, Still cycle occasionally but generally not required as i now live and work extremely close to each other.

>> Insert ridiculously ill informed statement here for reaction from people <<<

Thank you Kona its been real, but the fact that you are still here defending your original statement clearly demonstrates you haze zero grasp of what it means with a hike in prices. Smug no one will be, and if they claim to be such as you did in your opening thread title they are either deluded or lying..

Thanks for asking on my commuting background I hope it comes up to your lofty standards.

* oh and on addition I dont see what the forum has to do with anything, I have stated that its bad for everyone. When did it suddenly get smug to cycle? I must have missed that one, Il try it next time im on my saddle.

listermint wrote: »
    Why yes I cycled to and obviously home from school, college and work all in all approximately 8 years, Still cycle occasionally but generally not required as i now live and work extremely close to each other.

>> Insert ridiculously ill informed statement here for reaction from people <<<

Thank you Kona its been real, but the fact that you are still here defending your original statement clearly demonstrates you haze zero grasp of what it means with a hike in prices. Smug no one will be, and if they claim to be such as you did in your opening thread title they are either deluded or lying..

Thanks for asking on my commuting background I hope it comes up to your lofty standards.

* oh and on addition I dont see what the forum has to do with anything, I have stated that its bad for everyone. When did it suddenly get smug to cycle? I must have missed that one, Il try it next time im on my saddle.

god your knickers really are in a twist.

I can grasp the knock on effects of higher oil prices, however, as pointed out earlier, oil is cheap, its also not what I am talking about.

Im talking about petrol, which cost price is cheap, the 75% of it thats tax is not.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Perhaps if some posters were to consider the thread in the context of this comment in the OP they may not get so worked up about some of the comments made

thebullkf wrote: »

so anywhere outside your urban area is ballygobackwards? way to go to reinforce your charming personality.
    Rising prices is bad for everyone,in one form or another-seems like you're more like the title of this thread than motorists.
    I cycle too btw,so not cyclist bashing,but the attitude of some cyclists on this forum is appalling.
    A major reason i don't frequent this forum, {others too i'd imagine}

Yes I find the attitude of people from the country to be particularly stuck 30 years behind the rest of the world.

Well, dont frequent the forum, its your choice.

Perhaps if some posters were to consider the thread in the context of this comment in the OP they may not get so worked up about some of the comments made

I think the humour may be above their heads tbh.

Yes I find the attitude of people from the country to be particularly stuck 30 years behind the rest of the world.

wow.

Ignorant and Biased.

wow.
    I think the humour may be above their heads tbh.

well to quote yourself...
    Do you know where it is posted? Cycling forum.

i didn't realise this was the laughter lounge,your pathetic attempt at backtracking is mildly amusing.
    Well, dont frequent the forum, its your choice.

if your form over the last four weeks is indicative of your posting style,i believe other people may not frequent it either,
    for example you dislike People from the country,{or at least think they're 30yrsbehind the times}, and motorists.Specifically Taxi drivers:

. Your industry is full of gob****es, I should know I have to sit beside one most weekends. Who the **** wants to pay e20 for the privelidge of a 12 mile journey beside some overweight gob****e, stinks of smoke, and his car is rougher than bear grylls arse after a night in the jungle. Thats before he opens his gob with his warped views on life, warped because hes a lazy bastard that spends 6hrs a day in a rank reading every gob****e tabloid he can get.

and you've been banned in the last two weeks...
    ..see a pattern?

• Advertisement

thebullkf wrote: »
    wow.

Ignorant and Biased.

wow.

well to quote yourself...

i didn't realise this was the laughter lounge,your pathetic attempt at backtracking is mildly amusing.

if your form over the last four weeks is indicative of your posting style,i believe other people may not frequent it either,
    for example you dislike People from the country,{or at least think they're 30yrsbehind the times}, and motorists.Specifically Taxi drivers:

and you've been banned in the last two weeks...
    ..see a pattern?

I was banned for telling somebody to go **** themselves, youd be banned too if you said it:rolleyes:

I find you to be patronising.

I was banned for telling somebody to go **** themselves, youd be banned too if you said it:rolleyes:

the fact you were banned is the point.
    I find you to be patronising.

hhhmmmm.... Irony .

though i find you trolltastic.

If anyone has a problem with a post, report it

Leave the modding to the mods

This thread has unfortunately descended to such a level I'm closing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement