Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do eyes creases become eye wrinkles?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

ha - i had to laugh - someonecalled em lol lines a few posts back. nice way to name them.
    at 26 i have a couple of fine lines near the eyes but not many - they seem to feck off after i moisturise. for a while anyway. ive moisturised since i was a teen - just ponds cream at first and only once a week. but ive upped it to every time i shower and in between if my skin starts to feel too tight and dry. the moisturising is defo important to give you a nicer fresh skin glow.
    im not bothered if i get lol lines or eye lol lines cos theyre just a sign of a life well laughed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Does anyone else have those creases when they smile, underneath the bottom eyelids, that kind of curve away and downwards, if that makes any sense? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Does anyone else have those creases when they smile, underneath the bottom eyelids, that kind of curve away and downwards, if that makes any sense? :)

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Im nearly 23 and have only lately started noticing thin lines between my nose/mouth and one on my forehead. It totally freaked me out because I had bad acne as a teenager and think i treated my skin much too harshly and now im paying the price.

Bit while I was out last night I noticed my fellas lil sis, whos only 18, had one line on her forehead too! Not so freaked anymore; I think the only reason I noticed hers was because I was so paranoid abut my own! Nobody else sees these things.

That said, can anybody on here reccommend a moisturiser with a good SPF?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

This thread is making me feel a lot better about myself (or, at the very least, not alone!) I've started noticing fine lines around my eyes lately - they're lines that I would've had before when I get up in the morning sometimes but they would disappear as they day progressed. They don't disappear now! I've always looked younger than my age and felt smug when other friends were developing lines on their foreheads (I don't have a problem with that as of yet) - I don't feel smug now!

I'm 26 and I do moisturise (but maybe not as much as I should!) but I think I need to invest in a proper eyecream or something for this area before it gets too bad! At the same time I'm a bit sceptical about what it can do - apparently face-creams can claim to be 'anti-ageing' if they contain SPF and little else. I've been told by a doctor that SPFs in most moisturisers aren't really effective and you'd be better off using actual suncreams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

on the subject of anti ageing cream - ive always been dubious. what is anti a cream? basically its some variation of moisturiser with a few extras and tend to be more expensive as a result. i dont know if any are actually any good because when the trials are done on the creams who is to say the testers arents just seeing the results of good frequent moisturising? as during those trials youre asked to use them regularly.
    as well as that my great granny had skin as soft as a babys bottom - wrinkled as she was in her late 80's - but soft and really clear and basically her wrinkles had a softness to them too. all she had ever used on her face was ponds cold cream.
    so i dont know for sure if i'll ever bother with anti ageing creams. or stick with my moisturisers and undereye gel (i use vitamin e gel although i only use it every now n again. i should probably use it more....)

a lot of moisturisers out there seem a bit on the oily or runny side for my skin... ive started using a tiny bit of vaseline/ olive oil (its actually a nappy cream!) when my face feels too dry - as the runny moisturiser really hurts when my face is dry and the vaseline/oilive oil gets moisture back in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

On the plus side, I don't smoke, don't stay out in strong sunshine for long, have never been into sunbathing and don't wear much make-up.

As regards the sun and eyes, something I swear by is using sunglasses when there's any sunshine, even in Winter ... actually, particularly in Winter when the sun is lower so it's directly in your eyes.

I always have sun glasses in my handbag and use them all the time, especially when driving.

I'm older than most of the people in this thread and personally (along with the other basics of not smoking, lots of rest and water, always removing make-up, etc.) it's worked for me (pics or GTFO? ;)).

I could be wrong but I get the vibe that because there's not much sun in Ireland, people maybe think it's pretentious to wear sun glasses unless it's a "real" Summer's day?

But squinting is an important factor in eye wrinkles so that wouldn't stop me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

As a question, and please feel free to delete this mods if it's inappropriate, but would moisturising cure oily and greasy skin on a man too? I don't really give a toss in terms of what other people might think of me (I know my girlfriend wouldn't care), but I can have really nasty skin sometimes.

You need to use a skin care range specifically for oily skin....it can't be "cured" your skin is your skin lol it just how you look after it that determines the results.

cleanse tone moisturize morning and night! also use a facial scrub twice a week to remove dead skin build up and a face mask once a week (all targeted at your skin type)

you might think this a bit too much for you lol but any of the ladies reading this should try follow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Azureus wrote: »
    Im nearly 23 and have only lately started noticing thin lines between my nose/mouth and one on my forehead. It totally freaked me out because I had bad acne as a teenager and think i treated my skin much too harshly and now im paying the price.

Bit while I was out last night I noticed my fellas lil sis, whos only 18, had one line on her forehead too! Not so freaked anymore; I think the only reason I noticed hers was because I was so paranoid abut my own! Nobody else sees these things.

That said, can anybody on here reccommend a moisturiser with a good SPF?

I can't recommend a moisturizer as i don't know your skin type but Dr Murad products are fantastic but pricey....you could always mix an SPF with your daily moisturizer for a cheaper option! also always use SPF daily!!! (all seasons) no lower then 25...use a higher factor in summer .

Hope this helps.

Advertisement