Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please explain the differences between Labour and Sin Féin to me?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

danger man wrote: »
    you would say that,we give out passports here for free ask the israelis,

I have nothing but Irish blood in my veins. To suggest that I don't have a valid claim to be Irish is offensive.

Why do you think you are any more Irish than I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

The IRA were not in a war because they had no mandate from the people of Ireland.

Like Enda's 5 point plan I suppose ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Historically, the difference would be the words 'Official' and 'Provisional'.

In terms of economic policy, the difference would be right and left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭danger man

I have nothing but Irish blood in my veins. To suggest that I don't have a valid claim to be Irish is offensive.

im just pulling your leg using the words your people,sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Are you a drug dealer?

Then Labour would have you be arrested & go through due process.

Sinn fein will send a few, ehh, community activists around to break your legs. If you are out at the time, they will just break the legs of the first person they find in your house.

Should political parties declare all donations received?
    Labour: Yes, of course, only way to keep politics clean
    Sinn fein: Doesnt matter, if ever we are stuck we'll just rob a bank

Have you ever killed a garda?

labour disapproves of killing gardai in the strongest possible terms.

If you get caught & jailed, Sinn fein will send a sitting TD to pick you up at the prison gates when you are released, and generally ensure you get a heroes welcome.

Loads of other differences, but I think you get the gist....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

You write like somebody trying not to be Irish

Funfair wrote: »
    Unconventional warfare

Unconventional warfare is a form of warfare which is based on the idea that it is possible to destabilize an enemy so much that it concedes even if it has the ability to continue making war. Rather than relying on the brute force tactics of conventional warfare, unconventional warfare is based on using creative, innovative, and usually stealthy tactics so that the enemy never knows what to expect. This style of warfare is also called “nonconventional” or “asymmetrical” warfare.

Just because the IRA didn't formally contact her Majesties Government doesn’t mean the Brits didn't know they were in a war.

Sending over 300 SAS into Northern Ireland just to keep the peace I don't think so..

I answered that the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Original poster prob long gone off to vote by now but if not can I recommend you have a look at finian mcgraths policys as well before your make your decision. Left leaning independant who might be a welcome middle ground for you between labour and sinn fein.

Why because I disagree with murder?

How strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Less of this kind of crap please. Supporting SF does not make you more Irish than anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭danger man

Why because I disagree with murder?

How strange.

if i was from ireland i would not have london on my profile.only a plastic paddy would do that ,,right,,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

danger man wrote: »
    if i was from ireland i would not have london on my profile.only a plastic paddy would do that ,,right,,

Congratulations on getting this thread locked. If the above is the best you can contribute to discussions here please don't bother posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement